• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Whats everyones choice of drink?

161 posts in this topic

Teetotaler = one who doesn't drink alcohol!

No, I'm not religious or a health nut. Just personal choice. I have other vices, like collecting comic books... shocked.gif

Yep, same here.

I like Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper...

The best tasting "nothing" in a can.

(Great for watching Seinfeld reruns!) grin.gif

Teetotaler = one who doesn't drink alcohol!

No, I'm not religious or a health nut. Just personal choice. I have other vices, like collecting comic books... shocked.gif

Gene

Thanx for the clarification delekkerste, although its too bad because i strongly believe your missing out on one of the greatest pleasures in life....reading comics while completely hammered. It makes for grade re-reading, plus it'll take you hours to go through one book. The money you save on books will easily compensate for more booze. cool.gif

Now now Gene, don't go around praising soft-drinks not available in the US, before you know it the lynching party will be out in full force and accuse you of an elitist globe-trotting stance... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been drinking Fanta orange (or Fanta Sinas as it's called here) for ever and never noticed it was different from the US brand, but then again can't really remember if I ever had a Fanta while Stateside... confused-smiley-013.gif

What I did have (and always have when I'm over the pond) is a nice chilled Margarita...I'm telling you I've never had a perfect Margarita outside of the US, and the best I ever had was at Benny's Burritos in the Village....better ever than the one I had at Margaritaville's in Key West

Beers I like are Chimay, Kriek, Westmalle, Orval and most other Trappist beers, but nothing beats a warm mug of (Belgian Chocolate) cocoa 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey JLA, what gives. You live in sin city and all you can come up with is Morning Dew....im dissapointed man. 893whatthe.gif

I moved here from Cali for ONE reason: real estate. Soon as I've built up enough equity, I am his-toh-ree.

And though I do enjoy a good game of cards, I do not like Vegas. I am Christian, but it's the smoking, traffic (just as bad as LA), & the atmosphere that I can do without.

Sorry for the rant. Back on track now...

I've had Smirnoff Ice. Is this supposed to be alcoholic? I downed a six-pack & felt more sober than before!!

confused-smiley-013.gif

Rick

Absinthe and Aguardiente.

Seriously, it used to be cold beer (never the warm stuff, gentlemen) - usually the Dutch/Belgian variety. These days, red wine. Also Jack Daniels, which I prefer to Scotch.

Thank you for your wine, California.............

I second the diet mt. dew. Nectar from the Gods I tell you.

I don't drink much alcohol because I can't really stand the taste. However, I LOVE Tequila. It's the only alcohol I'll drink (straight up or mixed).

Oh, that and desert wines. mmmm.....

I used to drink a lot more a couple of years ago, in the height of my partying days. But I've totally lost interest in it. I still like beer, but haven't had any for a few months now, as it is counter-productive to the time I spend working out. Also, from having to deal with so many drunks, I've been turned off of alcohol.

So basically, I drink water, coffee when I work until 5AM, and the occasional Coke. At parties, I'm now the guy that hauls drunk carcasses home.

What kind of Absinthe do you drink? I usually order whatever brand I can find online. Sometimes it's good sometimes it's not. One time I ordered a bottle and it turned out the Thujol content was between 1-2 percent. I was pretty pissed. tongue.gif

Do you have a recommendation?

that's Yuengling - America's Oldest Brewery. very nice brew........used to be just another little pennsylvania beer but has caught on like wildfire here on the east coast the last decade. kinda like what happened to Rolling Rock (also penna) 20 years ago.

i like my coronas and apple martinis tongue.gif

I used to drink a lot more a couple of years ago, in the height of my partying days. But I've totally lost interest in it. I still like beer, but haven't had any for a few months now, as it is counter-productive to the time I spend working out. Also, from having to deal with so many drunks, I've been turned off of alcohol.

So basically, I drink water, coffee when I work until 5AM, and the occasional Coke. At parties, I'm now the guy that hauls drunk carcasses home.

We'll makre sure and change that when you come to Cali insane.gif

We'll makre sure and change that when you come to Cali

If I'm in Cali, I'm on vacation, so bring it on! thumbsup2.gif

With all the hot Chicken-heads in Cali, how could I not drink? wink.gif

I've been drinking Fanta orange (or Fanta Sinas as it's called here) for ever and never noticed it was different from the US brand, but then again can't really remember if I ever had a Fanta while Stateside...

Coca-Cola only recently (within the past 2 years) reintroduced the Fanta brand in the U.S., where it had been replaced by "Minute Maid" sodas for well over a decade. I'd like to think that I had something to do with that, because I started e-mailing the company when I moved back to New York from Holland that they were insufficiently_thoughtful_persons for selling us that Minute Maid 893censored-thumb.gif that nobody likes instead of glorious, glorious Fanta. So, what did they do? They took my advice and switched the brand to Fanta...but they left the contents as that undrinkable Minute Maid crapola. 893frustrated.gif

I like the fact that in Holland, you can get Fanta (or its domestic cousin, Sisi) in bars. Try asking for an orange soda in an American bar and you're likely to get thrown out on the street. tonofbricks.gif

Gene