• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A thank you..now that the Auctions for Nik have ended...and the totals

121 posts in this topic

My father, who was also self-employed, died suddenly when I was 10 years old, leaving my mom with one heck of a mess on her hands. All his money was tied up into his business, and there was no life insurance. For several years after that, life was extremely difficult, and my mother barely kept our heads above water. Our supposed friends and family turned their backs on her, even though she never asked anyone for a single dime.

I mention this because, having been on the receiving end of a tragic situation much like this one, I can only imagine how much of an impact this kind of support would have had on our family, not only from a financial standpoint, but on an emotional/psychological level as well.

So good job, ladies and gentlemen, and I hope you all recognize what a great accomplishment this has been. I really didn't believe that this kind of generosity existed; ovbiously, I don't know much.

:applause: Congrats. You guys and everyone who contributed know matter how much behind the scenes are truly are a wonderful group of individuals. Sharon you did wonderful work. GAcollectibles thanks for handling all the funds. To you guys and others like Dr Watson, Joeypost, cgcworld, Nik chose his friends well. I don't want to leave anyone out as there are so many shining examples of friendship and generousity its just hard to name everyone. I also saw many people in a new light during this time and have come to respect a lot of board members I thought where just goofy like greggy. Also there were people who others felt that they only cared about themselves and the mighty dollar proved people wrong during this time.

This board came together, acted as one, and became a better place. Thanks.

(Pats Sharon on shoulder, hands her a cookie and a big-azz glass of pinot noir, high-fives the rest of the Posse, wishes the auctions had ended on pay weekend instead of off weekend)

:applause:

This board came together, acted as one, and became a better place. Thanks.

Aww, don't worry Brian. We'll be back at each others' throats within a couple weeks! lol

But this situation reflects the underlying reality, this place seems to draw a pretty decent bunch of human beings, even if the surface is maniacal.

Too be honest. When this first started I was guessing maybe two or at the most, three grand would be raised. I am in awe of so many on this forum.

In a time of trajedy for any middle income family, something like this can be the difference between hard times and tolerable times, financially.

Seeing this side of humanity can also help heal the hatred inside. The hatred for being dealt such a bad hand.

Kudo's to all involved.

God Bless Nik and his family.