• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pet Peeve thread

190 posts in this topic

Know-it-alls.

I concur.

I knew you would.

1) Canadians

2) People who make up reason after reason not buy something in a thread, especially charitable ones.

To be serious (for once!)...

People that say "they talked BEHIND your back"...how is that possible? Your back is behind you and your front is in front (all obviously), so if they talked BEHIND your back, they would be talking to your front! :makepoint:

The "behind" part of the expression is a geographical position, the people who are doing the talking are positioned just there. From their standpoint they are situated behind you, facing your back.

I suppose e=mc² as well... :screwy:

this has bugged me for years -- I was at a show on the south side of Atlanta back in the 90`s and a customer made a decent purchase and was still looking at another couple books and asked when I was going to be in the area again -- I actually had another show scheduled for the following month about 20 miles from where this one was and proceded to let him know -- he thought it was ludicrous driving across town for comics and walked away shaking his head -- never saw the dude again

Know what I don't like?

On the Want to Buy thread. Someone will post that they are looking for this or that, and you tell them you are sure you have one or more, but you will have to go though your stuff and get back to them tomorrow.

Then you do. You locate the books, scan and upload them to photobucket. Then you post them on the thread and....................

That's right. Nothing. No response. No "No Thanks". Just nothing.

Or maybe, you do get an initial response, something like "Considering it, I'll get back to you after I check on this or that possibility". Then....................

That's right. Nothing. No "I found one elsewhere, thanks anyway" or "I'm gonna hold out for a better one, thanks anyway". Just nothing.

Okay. I feel better now. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

I'd have to agree...not much bothers me, but it does irritate me when you go to the trouble to help someone out on the WTB thread and you don't get any sort of response at all.

People who add text to their images.

Coincidentally my pet peeve list is Joeyposts pet peeves. His list irritates me.

Add to that people who say "people who dont use the search function"

I still cant get the damned thing to work for me. The search function here sucks rocks through coffee straws. :sumo:

People who add text to their images.

Coincidentally my pet peeve list is Joeyposts pet peeves. His list irritates me.

Add to that people who say "people who dont use the search function"

I still cant get the damned thing to work for me. The search function here sucks rocks through coffee straws. :sumo:

Does my list irritate you, or do you agree with the items in my list being irritating (shrug)

Because I find this irritating :baiting: