• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pet Peeve thread

190 posts in this topic

Bad haircuts. Or good ones depending on your tastes.

Haircut-1.jpg

lol you're just jealous, Roy :baiting:

Somewhere Flee has one of me.

:blush:

Pressing threads.

People not knowing where the search button is.

Writers who use the phrase "should of" :frustrated: or apostrophed plurals :frustrated:.

The word "expecially" really bites on my nerves. I'm stunned how many people use that word.

Bad haircuts. Or good ones depending on your tastes.

Haircut-1.jpg

lol you're just jealous, Roy :baiting:

Somewhere Flee has one of me.

:blush:

:whistle:

roy-afro-hat.jpg

:roflmao:

Vanilla Ice.

To be serious (for once!)...

People that say "they talked BEHIND your back"...how is that possible? Your back is behind you and your front is in front (all obviously), so if they talked BEHIND your back, they would be talking to your front! :makepoint:

Know what I don't like?

On the Want to Buy thread. Someone will post that they are looking for this or that, and you tell them you are sure you have one or more, but you will have to go though your stuff and get back to them tomorrow.

Then you do. You locate the books, scan and upload them to photobucket. Then you post them on the thread and....................

That's right. Nothing. No response. No "No Thanks". Just nothing.

Or maybe, you do get an initial response, something like "Considering it, I'll get back to you after I check on this or that possibility". Then....................

That's right. Nothing. No "I found one elsewhere, thanks anyway" or "I'm gonna hold out for a better one, thanks anyway". Just nothing.

Okay. I feel better now. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

I don't like :blahblah:rantrant:preach:

People that say "they talked BEHIND your back"...how is that possible? Your back is behind you and your front is in front (all obviously), so if they talked BEHIND your back, they would be talking to your front! :makepoint:

The "behind" part of the expression is a geographical position, the people who are doing the talking are positioned just there. From their standpoint they are situated behind you, facing your back.

For those wondering:

Idioms are expressions that often (usually) have meanings different from their logical or literal ones. They've been part of the language for so long that everyone understands their meaning

I would guess, "that is bad" (meaning good), would fit into that criteria.

Fail.

If you are standing in front of me, I am, by definition, behind you. Right now, the wall is behind my back. It is not in front of me.

People who turn left from the left lane, when there is a perfectly good turn lane right next to them. :frustrated:

Also people who do not pull up far enough to trigger the sensored left turn light. And even after the line has been skipped two or three times, still don't know what they are doing. :frustrated: