• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pet Peeve thread

190 posts in this topic

My number one pet peeve is when I dont get enough players for my fantasy football league

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=9&Number=3357147&Searchpage=1&Main=167429&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post3357147

My number two pet peeve (or number one during the offseason) is peeing on someones grave

Holier than thou know it alls that spend most of their time correcting others, and who wonder why they are not liked. :(

Mental illnesses....

Here's an example from Craigslist:

looney tunes

One of a kind comic book? - $9999

In my possession I have Daredevil Vol. 1 Jan 1973, #95 authentic comic book. This comic book has three covers(3) not one or two but THREE front page..each page the comic book increase in comic grade.

I have taken it to several comic book shops and most owners and employees have never seen one like it!

The salivating and ecstatic look on the profound faces make this gem truly a one in a Billion comic books! Why not? he who has custody can name or quote any prices because it's like a magic wand. Throughout history, inverted stamps immensely increase in value, coins double-struck also +increases. The severe scarcity of said item is truly for the connoisseur's who can appreciate one of a kind....Ithank you both now and today for reading this advertisement... serious inquiries will receive a respond with photos by request. ++ No scammers, hustlers, con artist need apply. *** I will only accept cash or postal money order.

The words "stylee", "chillax", and "soccer".

Next you'll probably complain about great new words like ginormous or kerfuffle. :grin:

Holier than thou know it alls that spend most of their time correcting others, and who wonder why they are not liked. :(

I think you need to hyphenate 'know-it-all'.

:baiting:

I hate the expression out of the box as in: He thinks out of the box.

I hate the word proactive as in: He is proactive in his approach to junk.

OT:

I liked it when goldust40 defined solipsist as one who doesn't see beyond the garden fence.

I had mixed feelings when goldust40 said to kimik that Canadians have been the most loyal of all of Great Britain's former colonies.

I respected goldust40 when after I said that the Brits we a little too fey he asserted: If you ever were to meet FT you'd realize how inaccurate that is.

I think he needs to use the word who & not that. :baiting::baiting:

And hyphenate holier-than-thou while you're at it. :baiting: :baiting: :baiting:

And hyphenate holier-than-thou while you're at it. :baiting: :baiting: :baiting:

I could be wrong, but I would prefer for the use of who (bolded above) be replaced with yet, but please don't correct me if I'm wrong, especially if you're a holy know-it-all, as I wouldn't like that.