• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pet Peeve thread

190 posts in this topic

People who finish everything they say with the word 'standard'. E.g.:

"I was so drunk last night. Standard"

People who say banter all the time. E.g.:

"Such a good night last night, so much banter. Standard"

ARGHHHHHH :sumo: I guess this is mostly a UK thing :(

yep must be a UK thing .Standard.

:baiting: by the way WTTB

Grown men who still go by the names they were called as little kids,Jimmy,Tommy,Jeffy,Joey,Greggy,Timmy, Billy,You get my point...What are we 5 years old? (shrug)

:roflmao:

And their all members here. lol

names that end in Y - hm Jerry

Must be. (shrug)

Grown men who still go by the names they were called as little kids,Jimmy,Tommy,Jeffy,Joey,Greggy,Timmy, Billy,You get my point...What are we 5 years old? (shrug)

names that end in Y - hm Jerry

Must be. (shrug)

you all should GROW UP while you are on this funny book thread!

:sumo:lol lol lol

Pet peeves:

People who stand on 16.

Depends on what the dealer is showing doesnt it?? Why so worried about how I or anyone else plays their cards..If the guy person_without_enough_empathyin is puttin up his money on your hand he can comment..If not shut the f up! Or leave the table..Simple solution to your pet peeve right? :baiting:

Anyone who knows the game knows it depends on what the dealer is showing. That's implicit in the comment.

You're pretty touchy about it. Are you one of them? Do you split face cards? Too scared to double down? I'd guess you've fielded your fair share of contempt at the table. lol

Pet peeves:

People who stand on 16.

Depends on what the dealer is showing doesnt it?? Why so worried about how I or anyone else plays their cards..If the guy person_without_enough_empathyin is puttin up his money on your hand he can comment..If not shut the f up! Or leave the table..Simple solution to your pet peeve right? :baiting:

Anyone who knows the game knows it depends on what the dealer is showing. That's implicit in the comment.

You're pretty touchy about it. Are you one of them? Do you split face cards? Too scared to double down? I'd guess you've fielded your fair share of contempt at the table. lol

Afraid to dbl down?? NOPE!! SCARED?? Its a game , Why would anyone be SCARED? Depending again what the house is showing ill dbl down on all kinds of stuff.As you know the object is to get as much money in a winning hand as possible so dbling down is a must in many situations. Im not "one of them" BUT I cant stand when people jump all over other people for how they play their cards..If the table is full of people taking the cards i need by playing stupid I get up and leave.I will never even say anything to them ,Its their money Let them it away if they want.

People that are "self proclaimed" blackjack pros bother me. Not saying YOU are one of them .Ive never fielded any contempt at the tables TYVM..

Ive won plenty at the B Jack table so I was just making a observation about your peeve thats all.

Pet peeves:

People who stand on 16.

Afraid to dbl down?? NOPE!! SCARED?? Its a game , Why would anyone be SCARED? Depending again what the house is showing ill dbl down on all kinds of stuff.As you know the object is to get as much money in a winning hand as possible so dbling down is a must in many situations. Im not "one of them" BUT I cant stand when people jump all over other people for how they play their cards. .If the table is full of people taking the cards i need by playing stupid I get up and leave. I will never even say anything to them ,Its their money Let them it away if they want.

People that are "self proclaimed" blackjack pros bother me. Not saying YOU are one of them .Ive never fielded any contempt at the tables TYVM..

Ive won plenty at the B Jack table so I was just making a observation about your peeve thats all.

OK, no offense taken, then.

I don't tend to comment on their play, either. I learned early on that it makes no difference. I also don't tend to get up and leave. Maybe I should. hm But it's usually no different at any table.

So it remains a pet peeve... quietly. :grin:

hooksie

Sure nuff Jerome....

Nice try but not my name..jerome? :screwy:

Sure nuff Jerome....

Nice try but not my name..jerome? :screwy:

Sorry bout that Jeremy :insane:

Pressing threads.

People not knowing where the search button is.

Writers who use the phrase "should of" :frustrated: or apostrophed plurals :frustrated:.

Where is the "search button"? Is that the little-man-in-the-boat? :devil:

The words "stylee", "chillax", and "soccer".

The phrases "virtually unimproveable", "CGC ready", "impossible to find", "not yet potentialized". Perpetrators of such verbiage, hang your heads in shame.

CGC ready...who came up with that! :o I realize it is in fact a trick of the title desciption to get the book to come up on CGC search entries but give me a f***ing break...are not ALL un-CGCed books CGC ready... :tonofbricks:

( :gossip: beyond annoying and reminds me when my daughter at a very young age said "I'm just frusterated!"... )

Just a bunch of harrassment is all :baiting: