• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City Collection One of the Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century

2,756 posts in this topic

I took a quick look at the link, what is the big deal with this collection ? It has a couple nice books, none in ultra high grade and personally I think the VF grades assigned to at least the S22 and BB 28 are very debatable. Nice ? yeah. Great ? Don't think so.

Get the books graded.

K.E. Runkle,

Wecome to the boards.

I'm not crazy about the hostility in this thread. I'm not sure I would want to socialize with some of the posters? (shrug)

yeah, it does seem a little out of hand.

i dont know.. its always the same people , they all talk and then high five each other in alot of threads....it reminds me of the old AOL chat room days back in 97 :cloud9:

Hey, if you don't like it here... (shrug)

K.E. Runkle,

Wecome to the boards.

I'm not crazy about the hostility in this thread. I'm not sure I would want to socialize with some of the posters? (shrug)

I agree, some of you really need to calm down. This chatboard is about comics, it is about education & it is supposed to fun. It IS NOT about slamming newbies & other antics. Relax everyone...it's SUNDAY!

West

Please. Save it. I don't think anyone said or did anything out of line.

Ah, the canned response to a simple request for civility. Nice.

K.E. Runkle,

Wecome to the boards.

i dont know.. its always the same people , they all talk and then high five each other in alot of threads....it reminds me of the old AOL chat room days back in 97 :cloud9:

and you are? (shrug)

just kinda agreeing with the other post

K.E. Runkle,

Wecome to the boards.

and you are? (shrug)

just kinda agreeing with the other post

What does it matter who I am? (shrug)

Just wondering what you're doing here if you think it's populated by a bunch of tvvats?

Mark my words, if these do get graded they will be by PGX. :insane: Something about these books screams ''restored'' & PGX won't have a problem passing restored books with the universal label. Plus if the guy didn't get these books graded first that must mean he's either cheap and will go the cheapest route (pgx) or does not know that comics are graded today. 2c

K.E. Runkle,

Wecome to the boards.

I agree, some of you really need to calm down. This chatboard is about comics, it is about education & it is supposed to fun. It IS NOT about slamming newbies & other antics. Relax everyone...it's SUNDAY!

West

Please. Save it. I don't think anyone said or did anything out of line.

Ah, the canned response to a simple request for civility. Nice.

The problem is no one was being uncivil. I'm all for civility, but not self righteousness.

did i say it was populated by a bunch of ?

OR did i say a few people like to talk mess ? ( am i wrong?)

So Foolkiller, r1970d and MrBedrock...'they all talk *spoon* and then high five each other in alot of threads'?

You think?

Really?

Here you have three of the most respected, knowledgeable posters on these boards, and you want to call them out in this way?

Fine. Carry on digging, mate. (thumbs u

did i say it was populated by a bunch of ?

OR did i say a few people like to talk mess ? ( am i wrong?)

So Foolkiller, r1970d and MrBedrock...'they all talk *spoon* and then high five each other in alot of threads'?

You think?

Really?

Here you have three of the most respected, knowledgeable posters on these boards, and you want to call them out in this way?

Fine. Carry on digging, mate. (thumbs u

Let me just say that I understand how if you took our posts just on their face, I would admit that they are a touch harsh (I'll just say mine). But, that being said, look at the track record with this sort of thing -- newbies coming on and hyping a given collection or their own wares with little information. How has that turned out in the past?

I have no doubt this is a legit collection, but nothing anyone said in my opinion was ripping this guy other than for using "best collection of the century" term and not posting any details.

With that in mind, I think what information is out there is out there on the collection, but there really isn't a need for us to now have a secondary debate about the civility or lack thereof.

The OP is "that guy." We all have our own way of saying "Don't Be That Guy" - recommended reading for the OP. And as much as this community loves to tear newbie's a new one for being that guy, I'm with Timely in that there is a way to approach "that guy" without giving them a beat down with their own (allegedly restored) comics. When this happens, mob civility takes an early exit, and "primed for PGX" talk only becomes torch fuel. Just saying... :)

The OP is "that guy." We all have our own way of saying "Don't Be That Guy" - recommended reading for the OP. And as much as this community loves to tear newbie's a new one for being that guy, I'm with Timely in that there is a way to approach "that guy" without giving them a beat down with their own (allegedly restored) comics. When this happens, mob civility takes an early exit, and "primed for PGX" talk only becomes torch fuel. Just saying... :)

Enh, fair enough. I don't think Timely communicated that quite as effectively as you just did, but it's a fair point.

there's a difference between healthy, biting skepticism and outright douchebaggery. one's not willing to give the benefit of the doubt without facts, the other's not interested in the facts one whit.

i think the former was displayed here, and the OP learned a lesson...the particulars of which will undoubtably need to be repeated for the next guy

there's a difference between healthy, biting skepticism and outright douchebaggery. one's not willing to give the benefit of the doubt without facts, the other's not interested in the facts one whit.

i think the former was displayed here, and the OP learned a lesson...the particulars of which will undoubtably need to be repeated for the next guy

You're right -- but I understand that it could have been communicated a little more politely and so I'm more than happy to make that adjustment in the future. On the other hand, I'll say that if this whole thing turns out to be some sort of lackluster collection with a bunch of restored books, then I'm sure we'll all be revisiting the issue from a totally different vantage point.

You think?

Really?

Actually, if I remember correctly, c-mack and I high-fived in the shop just the other day (thumbs u

You think?

Really?

Actually, if I remember correctly, c-mack and I high-fived in the shop just the other day (thumbs u

did he get on a ladder? i don't think Kareem could high-five you all that easily