• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City Collection One of the Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century

2,756 posts in this topic

Geesh FT are you up late/or early..

Just gone midday...and I'm hung-over like a mofo. :cry:

Thank it's not just me, and mine's from Saturday still :(

I think mine is too. I basically hadn't stopped since Saturday. :eek:

:gossip: Guess we better not mess with either one of you today. :baiting:

In the panteon of "Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century" where would you place this one? Would you consider it maybe the 58th "Greatest Silver Age Find of the Century"? Or might it be closer to the 347th "Greatest Silver Age Find of the Century"? I think it is important to put this "Greatest Silver Age Find of the Century" in perspective for historical purposes.

I'm glad that are people like Richard in this hobby.

I did force some hair of the dog down yesterday but instead of the desired effect it screwed me up really bad. :sick:

Yes from my understanding people will not have to be present. On line bidding will be available
What's the date?

To anyone else planning on coming to the auction, you're chances of finding a bed at my place are slim. 2 boardies already. But I might squeeze in another if you and I are close enough to possibly split a hotel room at a con. However, it sounds like maybe we need to have a mini-forum/dealer dinner the night before/of the auction.

@jkrk: You have a spot reserved. No meals included. You share a bathroom. And it's $450/night. But it's homier than a hotel room.

I did force some hair of the dog down yesterday but instead of the desired effect it screwed me up really bad. :sick:

Amateurs and newbs.

I'll need to post a "Party Of The Century" thread to show y'all how it's done.

:shy:

Amateurs and newbs.

:screwy: Pffft.

I'll need to post a "Party Of The Century" thread to show y'all how it's done.

:shy:

You'll need to learn yourself first. Planting your face into an ice machine after two shandys doesn't count.

According to Mound City, the AF15 came in at 8.0 Universal off white pages. I spoke to the lady there who spoke from memory but felt sure about the grade. The book is still at CGC I believe.

If the AF 15 is an 8.0, I think it will be interesting to compare the prices achieved on c-link or any other major auction site to what this one will achieve on a slightly lesser known site.

The one book in here that does have intrigued is that showcase 22.

If the AF 15 is an 8.0, I think it will be interesting to compare the prices achieved on c-link or any other major auction site to what this one will achieve on a slightly lesser known site.

The one book in here that does have intrigued is that showcase 22.

All she could tell me was the SC 22 is > 6.0. Think about it. It has 2 chips BC, several spine creases (some distinct in the green), light crease upper right...but it DOES break color, upper left corner wear, and a small stain spot in one of the letters. I say 7.0 at best. Taking nothing away from it, it's a bright BEAUT !

The GL #1 and X-Men #1 are 9.4 (she is almost positive about it).

The BB 28 is 7.0.

All CGC Blue tops.