• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City Collection One of the Greatest Silver Age Finds of the Century

2,756 posts in this topic

So Foolkiller, r1970d and MrBedrock...'they all talk *spoon* and then high five each other in alot of threads'?

You think?

Really?

Actually, if I remember correctly, c-mack and I high-fived in the shop just the other day (thumbs u

And three types of people that folks always hate -

Lawyers, car salesman, and comic book dealers.

Oh.... wait a minute....

Hi Rick

So Foolkiller, r1970d and MrBedrock...'they all talk *spoon* and then high five each other in alot of threads'?

You think?

Really?

Actually, if I remember correctly, c-mack and I high-fived in the shop just the other day (thumbs u

did he get on a ladder? i don't think Kareem could high-five you all that easily

lol c-mack is about 6'4"...don't think he needs a ladder...

I think everyone needs to take two of these and call me in the morning...

chillpill2.jpg

You think?

Really?

what?

You think?

Really?

did he get on a ladder? i don't think Kareem could high-five you all that easily

lol c-mack is about 6'4"...don't think he needs a ladder...

I think everyone needs to take two of these and call me in the morning...

chillpill2.jpg

agreed....i thought we were just talking and some how i get blamed for calling people out lol

did i say it was populated by a bunch of ?

OR did i say a few people like to talk mess ? ( am i wrong?)

You think?

Really?

Here you have three of the most respected, knowledgeable posters on these boards, and you want to call them out in this way?

Fine. Carry on digging, mate. (thumbs u

when did i say those names dude?

all i said was people like in here and im right, you cant say im wrong but instead you rather throw three people names out and make it seem like im calling everyone out

but hey what ever makes you sleep alittle better at night...go head pat yourself on the back ya did good day kid!

CGC forum is proud of you lol

You think?

Really?

Here you have three of the most respected, knowledgeable posters on these boards, and you want to call them out in this way?

Let me just say that I understand how if you took our posts just on their face, I would admit that they are a touch harsh (I'll just say mine). But, that being said, look at the track record with this sort of thing -- newbies coming on and hyping a given collection or their own wares with little information. How has that turned out in the past?

I have no doubt this is a legit collection, but nothing anyone said in my opinion was ripping this guy other than for using "best collection of the century" term and not posting any details.

With that in mind, I think what information is out there is out there on the collection, but there really isn't a need for us to now have a secondary debate about the civility or lack thereof.

You bring up some good points. Although I don't know that past track record should be held over every newbie's head. Seems unfair to me.

And as for being skeptical, one can be skeptical and still be an adult. Not pointing fingers at anybody but this place is pretty brutal to any newbie who commits even the slightest misstep.

That said, who was the scumbag who posted that x-rated pic. Isn't there a way to trace these people. There's a newbie who needs a little frontier justice doled out on him.

You think?

Really?

Let me just say that I understand how if you took our posts just on their face, I would admit that they are a touch harsh (I'll just say mine). But, that being said, look at the track record with this sort of thing -- newbies coming on and hyping a given collection or their own wares with little information. How has that turned out in the past?

I have no doubt this is a legit collection, but nothing anyone said in my opinion was ripping this guy other than for using "best collection of the century" term and not posting any details.

With that in mind, I think what information is out there is out there on the collection, but there really isn't a need for us to now have a secondary debate about the civility or lack thereof.

You bring up some good points. Although I don't know that past track record should be held over every newbie's head. Seems unfair to me.

And as for being skeptical, one can be skeptical and still be an adult. Not pointing fingers at anybody but this place is pretty brutal to any newbie who commits even the slightest misstep.

That said, who was the scumbag who posted that x-rated pic. Isn't there a way to trace these people. There's a newbie who needs a little frontier justice doled out on him.

i think we're all in agreement on your last statement.

K.E. Runkle,

Wecome to the boards.

I'm not crazy about the hostility in this thread. I'm not sure I would want to socialize with some of the posters? (shrug)

yeah, it does seem a little out of hand.

i dont know.. its always the same people , they all talk and then high five each other in alot of threads....it reminds me of the old AOL chat room days back in 97 :cloud9:

In the first handful of pages in this thread, the posters who take a pop at the OP are Foolkiller, r1970d and MrBedrock.

So how else are we supposed to interpret your comments? (shrug)

Or were you simply babbling? (shrug)

Shouldn't we all just get along? :)

How about getting all the facts from the original poster and we can go from there?

I know for fact that its an original owner collection, it will probably be sold through Proxibid and middle of November...there you have it! :grin:

Of course the last collection that sold via Proxibid was an OO of over 5k books and should have been called a pedigree as anyone that might have bid in and won these books was amazed at how high grade many of them were and how many titles were covered....of course this is just my 2c worth.

Matter of fact, I would suggest all of you guys just pass on bidding when they come up for sale :devil:

Steve

Shouldn't we all just get along? :)

How about getting all the facts from the original poster and we can go from there?

I know for fact that its an original owner collection, it will probably be sold through Proxibid and middle of November...there you have it! :grin:

Of course the last collection that sold via Proxibid was an OO of over 5k books and should have been called a pedigree as anyone that might have bid in and won these books was amazed at how high grade many of them were and how many titles were covered....of course this is just my 2c worth.

Matter of fact, I would suggest all of you guys just pass on bidding when they come up for sale :devil:

Steve

Steve -- you've just come on with more facts than the original poster did.

I think he had good intentions, just not familiar with how to present the facts. I am pretty sure he doesn't "hang" around boards like this and found out about them somehow. He just wanted to get a "buzz" going. I know from past experiences with other DUDS, it sounded like just another b.s. artist but occasionally something real comes along.

I guess in life sometimes you gotta take a step back and see all before we start posting or making comments. This I think is one of those times.

And let me emphasize again, I would suggest not paying attention to this collection and not bother bidding when it comes up for sale. Matter of fact I am pretty sure all the books have not been listed or scanned yet

:grin::devil:

K.E. Runkle,

Wecome to the boards.

I'm not crazy about the hostility in this thread. I'm not sure I would want to socialize with some of the posters? (shrug)

yeah, it does seem a little out of hand.

i dont know.. its always the same people , they all talk and then high five each other in alot of threads....it reminds me of the old AOL chat room days back in 97 :cloud9:

In the first handful of pages in this thread, the posters who take a pop at the OP are Foolkiller, r1970d and MrBedrock.

So how else are we supposed to interpret your comments? (shrug)

Or were you simply babbling? (shrug)

1st off i was just commenting on how people just like to talk s**t on here, am i wrong again? NOPE.. did i go out and quote any of them? no! did i say they were wrong for it? no! and if they did think i was calling them out are you trying to say none of them know how to handle it with out your help? or do you just feel the need to speak for people?

funny that none of them PM me cause im pretty sure they know its just the internet and im pretty sure they know i didnt mean any harm by my comments the same they didnt think anyone would be harmed by theirs or is it you think i should have the right to say anything about it at all?

but here's a idea!!! why don't you let people speak for themselves and not try to make it look like i have beef with anyone on here!!!

I think he had good intentions, just not familiar with how to present the facts. I am pretty sure he doesn't "hang" around boards like this and found out about them somehow. He just wanted to get a "buzz" going. I know from past experiences with other DUDS, it sounded like just another b.s. artist but occasionally something real comes along.

I guess in life sometimes you gotta take a step back and see all before we start posting or making comments. This I think is one of those times.

And let me emphasize again, I would suggest not paying attention to this collection and not bother bidding when it comes up for sale. Matter of fact I am pretty sure all the books have not been listed or scanned yet

:grin::devil:

Well Steve, I understand that. Nevertheless, just go back and read exactly what he wrote... then read the responses. Nobody questioned whether it was "legit" but rather as good as advertised. As I've said several times though, we still have no idea who the poster was, what his connection to the collection was etc. Either way, as I said to Joseph, you are raising fair points.

Frankly, I will be passing on this collection. So have at it. There's just too much heat around it -- and while I'd love that Showcase 22, I'll be looking elsewhere.