• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicconnect September auction starts next week!

127 posts in this topic

The Captain America #18 is quite amazing. Guide is $4271, but I am thinking a final price between 8-10K. Maybe that's too low a guess. I'd love to own a copy, I just don't think it's going to be that one.

cap 20 almost never seen in grade. what a book.

Beaudreau bring it!!!

The restored Action #1 and unrestored Batman #1 ain't bad either.

those 2 are on my radar, and a 3rd book (thumbs u

I alreay put my Billionnnnnnnnnnnnnn dollare bid in, so pack it up go home, you ain't going to get poop.

Your buddy BunkyGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATOR

lol

How can you start an auction when you dont even have images for all the books available yet?

Might not be CC's fault. When Comiclink does a focused auction, the seller sends the books in prior to the auction and CL scans and posts pics when they create the listings. With Comicconnect, the seller posts the listings. If the seller decides not to post a scan, there's not much CC can do about it.

I think that the important thing is as long as the seller has the book up for sale, then it's fair. I'd hate to see a book pulled off if there was a mistake in putting the book up for auction or if the seller does not like the way the auction is running on his/her book. I doubt that any book can just be pulled off the auction once its up anyways

How can you start an auction when you dont even have images for all the books available yet?

Might not be CC's fault. When Comiclink does a focused auction, the seller sends the books in prior to the auction and CL scans and posts pics when they create the listings. With Comicconnect, the seller posts the listings. If the seller decides not to post a scan, there's not much CC can do about it.

for a regular listing, I can see that...but on an auction, I would hope that a picture would be required to list (just my opinion)

for a regular listing, I can see that...but on an auction, I would hope that a picture would be required to list (just my opinion)

Exactly

Exactly

I'd prefer that a scan be required for both types of listings, but I don't think that's the case.

Exactly

I'd prefer that a scan be required for both types of listings, but I don't think that's the case.

of course that makes sense, but I suspect the quantity of "sales" that take place on a listing with no picture (not just Comicconnect, but clink, pedigree, etc, etc) is as close to zero as imaginable... why waste time?

Exactly

of course that makes sense, but I suspect the quantity of "sales" that take place on a listing with no picture (not just Comicconnect, but clink, pedigree, etc, etc) is as close to zero as imaginable... why waste time?

I see what you're saying from the sellers point of view, but from a buyer's POV, there are potential bargains to be had there.

Exactly

I guess...however, I am not one to buy a book sight unseen (shrug)

I see what you're saying from the sellers point of view, but from a buyer's POV, there are potential bargains to be had there.

Exactly

I guess...however, I am not one to buy a book sight unseen (shrug)

I normally wouldn't buy a book unseen, either, even though I spent the first decade of collecting GA doing exactly that. Still, if someone listed a slabbed Action or Supes that I needed without a scan, and the listing wasn't getting decent bids, I'd be awful tempted to go for it.

Exactly

(thumbs u

Put up a pic or don't run the auction.

What's next...a "Make An Offer" button right next to the "Bid Now" button?

Exactly

(thumbs u

Put up a pic or don't run the auction.

What's next...a "Make An Offer" button right next to the "Bid Now" button?

Kinda the same thing, ain't it?