• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicconnect September auction starts next week!

127 posts in this topic

What do you all think the major keys will go for?

Action 1 (about 70-75k?)

Batman 1 (about 28-30k?)

Tec 1, 31 (about 20-23 & 12-15k?)

Superman 1 (about 16-18k?)

Cap America 1 (about 6-7k?)

Flash 1 (about surprisingly 5.5k?)

What do you think?

Action 1 (about 70-75k?)

Batman 1 (about 28-30k?)

What do you think?

Don't think the Sup 1 will go that high. It has got a lot of work.

May throw a bid on a few of these. Which ones? Which ones? Would love the Batman 1 but it may be a bit out of range for me.

I don't think the Tec 31 will reach reserve

I think it will because really there aren't too many options out there. The 5.5 Crippen will cost twice as much and chances of prying another unrestored copy from someone will be slim and none. Only way another copy surfaces is if this hits reserve but chances are its going to be a higher grade and higher price tag. I'm sure the guys who are still in this bidding race are probably unloading non core books from their collection as we speak to make up the difference [or arranging time payments with CC].

Action 1 (about 70-75k?)

Batman 1 (about 28-30k?)

What do you think?

Don't think the Sup 1 will go that high. It has got a lot of work.

May throw a bid on a few of these. Which ones? Which ones? Would love the Batman 1 but it may be a bit out of range for me.

I don't think the Sup 1 will go that high either, even though it is a nice looking Frankenbook. :insane:

FWIW, if I wanted a Tec 31 really bad, I´d rather pay double that money for the Crippen 5.5 copy, than paying half that money for a 2.5. After all, if I pay that much money, I sure as hell won´t want a low grade. I´d take an Action 1 in nearly any condition though :grin:

As for the Superman 1, I wouldn´t say a married cf makes it a Frankenbook and watching what prices Superman 1 has sold for since last year, I think it´s the cheapest choice some might have. Remember those taped pieces that formed a Superman 1, that sold on CC for 12k about 8 or so months ago? Same counts for the Action 1, though someone would have to dig a loooot deeper into his pocket.

I´d also rather take one of the low grade Action 1´s that sold on CC over the last few months, than pay nearly the same money for an extensive restored vg copy.

FWIW, if I wanted a Tec 31 really bad, I´d rather pay double that money for the Crippen 5.5 copy, than paying half that money for a 2.5. After all, if I pay that much money, I sure as hell won´t want a low grade. I´d take an Action 1 in nearly any condition though :grin:

As for the Superman 1, I wouldn´t say a married cf makes it a Frankenbook and watching what prices Superman 1 has sold for since last year, I think it´s the cheapest choice some might have. Remember those taped pieces that formed a Superman 1, that sold on CC for 12k about 8 or so months ago? Same counts for the Action 1, though someone would have to dig a loooot deeper into his pocket.

I´d also rather take one of the low grade Action 1´s that sold on CC over the last few months, than pay nearly the same money for an extensive restored vg copy.

Yeah. But if you have to stretch in order to buy the 2.5, the 5.5 just ain't gonna happen.

cap1.1009a.jpg

This is a super tough copy to find in higher grade. I have a 4.5, I know where the 9.2 is but it is almost 10 g . I cant do it because I guarantee there are higher grades that will come out . I like this 9.0 comic.

I agree wholeheartedly George (thumbs u

cap1.1009a.jpg

This is a super tough copy to find in higher grade. I have a 4.5, I know where the 9.2 is but it is almost 10 g . I cant do it because I guarantee there are higher grades that will come out . I like this 9.0 comic.

That's a great Cap cover. I've actually never seen this one before.

The Batman #1 is at $26,600. Pretty darn good for a 3.5.

Over $28,000 now. :o Isn't it normally a $15,000ish book?

I was thinking 22ish.

same here..

I was thinking 27,500 (which is when I was outbid :frustrated: )