• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

add corgipeter to the list... ASM 6 VERY HIGH GRADE... I dont know if its restored or not but he bought it from cdpaoli on July 10 then was selling it Aug 15th... hmm maybe he found out it was restored, and is legit himself?

I've seen this book and know Peter.

This book does have a few hits of color touch on it that I could see when I saw the book in hand...as did the black cover Wow Comics that pops up from time to time.

The Blond Phantom he had was pretty spectacular and looked unrestored but IMO was asking a bit too much for it.

I can't speak to whether he is purposefully not disclosing restoration or not. It is possible that he just might be unable to catch resto himself.

In any case, bid accordingly.

As far as my case with fluffy062, I did hear back from them and they are going to check the local USPS lost and found to see if my book is there as he told me that in once other instance a book that they had mailed to them was stuck there. So far I'm just going to say that the book is still lost.

:wishluck:

Well, Peter is a straight up LIAR then...here is his last message to me via Ebay this morning regarding the book...

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

For one thing this book has an over hang that's way it;s not trimmed, also no colour touch that a comic book dealer knows how to look for coulor touch with a black light you would see it nothing. I googled this cpaoli his grading isn't any good from his feedback, i don't see anthing from cgc saying any comics were restored get your facts stright pal.

He also has a recent win from robojo, a "NM-" IM 1, so be wary of that gem being up for auction once he discovers it's restored and an 8.0

You mean this book he has listed now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAN-COMIC-1-1967-NM-9-2-/200521601618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb004d252

Roy,if you know this guy,you really should have a "chat" with him...passing on all these books purchased from known scammers to unsuspecting others is no bueno.

I'm sure that's the one doh! He's picked quite the seller to model himself after meh

This is too much fun!

I messaged him via Ebay regarding the IM#1,and a link to this thread...

Here is the nice reply Peter sent me:

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

Hey individual_without_enough_empathy I will be coming to the states to find you when I do your one dead mother trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- On

:o

Roy,if you know this guy,you really should have a "chat" with him...passing on all these books purchased from known scammers to unsuspecting others is no bueno.

I don't "know" him. I met him only once cause he was local (after seeing his eBay auctions this past weekend). I just got an email from him and he's pretty upset....at me. doh!

Do me a favor, someone is messaging him swinging my name around. Can you guys use a little discretion than just go railing at some guy on the internet?

Actually, I had sent him a link to this thread so he could see how much of an he is making of himself ..but you outed yourself in the thread...

:sorry:

add corgipeter to the list... ASM 6 VERY HIGH GRADE... I dont know if its restored or not but he bought it from cdpaoli on July 10 then was selling it Aug 15th... hmm maybe he found out it was restored, and is legit himself?

This book does have a few hits of color touch on it that I could see when I saw the book in hand...as did the black cover Wow Comics that pops up from time to time.

The Blond Phantom he had was pretty spectacular and looked unrestored but IMO was asking a bit too much for it.

I can't speak to whether he is purposefully not disclosing restoration or not. It is possible that he just might be unable to catch resto himself.

As far as my case with fluffy062, I did hear back from them and they are going to check the local USPS lost and found to see if my book is there as he told me that in once other instance a book that they had mailed to them was stuck there. So far I'm just going to say that the book is still lost.

Well, Peter is a straight up LIAR then...here is his last message to me via Ebay this morning regarding the book...

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

For one thing this book has an over hang that's way it;s not trimmed, also no colour touch that a comic book dealer knows how to look for coulor touch with a black light you would see it nothing. I googled this cpaoli his grading isn't any good from his feedback, i don't see anthing from cgc saying any comics were restored get your facts stright pal.

He also has a recent win from robojo, a "NM-" IM 1, so be wary of that gem being up for auction once he discovers it's restored and an 8.0

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAN-COMIC-1-1967-NM-9-2-/200521601618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb004d252

I'm sure that's the one doh! He's picked quite the seller to model himself after meh

This is too much fun!

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

Hey individual_without_enough_empathy I will be coming to the states to find you when I do your one dead mother trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- On

:roflmao:

Apparently he knows where you live and all of your personal details. As well as the fact that you have laid with someone's mother.

I don't "know" him. I met him only once cause he was local (after seeing his eBay auctions this past weekend). I just got an email from him and he's pretty upset....at me. doh!

Do me a favor, someone is messaging him swinging my name around. Can you guys use a little discretion than just go railing at some guy on the internet?

Actually sent him a link to this thread..so you outed yourself. :baiting:

He said that he got an email from someone telling him that I know for a fact that the book is restored, so it sounds like someone sent him an email through eBay quoting me.

Regardless, if the book was previously bought from a known scammer then that's probably enough to raise suspicion. I didn't realize it was purchased from one of the other guys in the thread.

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

This is too much fun!

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

Seems to be making a pretty good case for getting himself thrown in jail if he ever actually did cross the border. Threats made on the Internet are no different from those made in person, and the police really, really, really don't look kindly to that sort of thing. I mean, the guy isn't even smart enough to bust out a euphemism, he just goes and says what he intends to do. Surprised he didn't mention a method.

I'd go ahead and send that over to your local PD and see what happens

Ok..going to try this again..

I went and ate dinner,and came back to another message from him:

Dear goldenrecordbuyer,

Give me your full address, head after I you gone in the ground mother

What the hell is "gone in the ground?"

Dead...buried

I'm still not convinced that he realized that the book was color touched. Maybe, maybe not.

He could just be getting frustrated that this conversation is going on with him only half clued in and only getting bits and pieces of what is going on.

(shrug)

edit: also couldn't comment on trimming. The book didn't strike me as trimmed but then I didn't really look for trimming after I saw the CT.

I'm still not convinced that he realized that the book was color touched. Maybe, maybe not.

He could just be getting frustrated that this conversation is going on with him only half clued in and only getting bits and pieces of what is going on.

(shrug)

edit: also couldn't comment on trimming. The book didn't strike me as trimmed but then I didn't really look for trimming after I saw the CT.

still he's going off the deep end. Clearly would best be avoided. If he was honorable he would have no problem listening to a concern about the book and verifying it's integrity. I don't think it would be wise to rile him up any further though.

(shrug)

still he's going off the deep end. Clearly would best be avoided. If he was honorable he would have no problem listening to a concern about the book and verifying it's integrity. I don't think it would be wise to rile him up any further though.

He's a little older than me and my experience is that some older gentleman don't react well to some anonymous person calling them out as a thief and a liar through the internet.

He might be over reacting but I've gotten some pretty nasty emails through eBay for doing nothing more than listing a CGC graded book for sale, so I can only imagine what he's been getting in his "inbox" today from whomever is reading this thread.

I'm not defending him or his actions, I'm just saying that right now he's not guilty of anything more than losing his temper, which under the circumstance might be understandable even if it isn't justified.

We can't act like every seller selling restored books out there is a known crook and knowingly doing it. Some people genuinely don't know. I run into them all the time, and i don't burn them at the stake, I discuss it with them politely, usually get a refund or make a compromise.

We weren't all born with all the knowledge and savvy that we have now so it seems a little unfair and condescending to act like we did, or at least come across that way to him.

(shrug)

I agree..he just keeps sending me Ebay messages at this point,boiling over his outing...he is far from "clueless"...and seems rather "IN THE KNOW" when it comes to comics.

I originally asked him months ago about the book,and where it came from.I asked him/explained about the "known ring of ebay scammers",and asked if he had purchased it from them.His anwser was a definite NO,he didn't know those ID's,but refused to elaborate as to where he got it.

After multiple listings that he "ended early" due to no reserve set,i messaged him again,asking why he didn't just either set a reserve,or list it at a "high start price."

He began losing it back then,and i explained i was a serious buyer,but had concerns,on a nice looking book,that he refused to tell me where he got it.What was his buy it now price?..thats when the $800 started,then all the way up to $2900,which is where he had it listed recently at.Then the last auction,won by a boardie,and feedback left...that started this latest "rant" after it was disclosed here that it was a cdpaoli book,and i called him out on it,refrencing his earlier messages to me claiming he didnt know who those ebayers were....

Total BS on his part,and he's caught...sums it up.

Also wanted to add that the fault was mine for not pointing it out to him when I saw the CT.

I wanted to avoid a conflict and did so at the expense of either educating the guy or calling him out.

Actually I was hung over like a mofo and just wanted to get the meeting over with. :insane:

Likely could have avoided this mess if I did mention it to him. Sorry gang.

:(

Total BS on his part,and he's caught...sums it up.

English is a second language to this guy and your writing is really tough to follow on the best of days, Scott. No offense.

I thought that he just thought that he had lucked out with a cheap purchase and is trying to make a buck.

Fair enough, if you think that he is evading where he got the book from because he knows it's restored. From what you're saying now it's quite convincing.