• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink September Focused Auction starts today...

287 posts in this topic

Wow!! Picked up this for $1400 less than another 9.4 sold last month.

I think the 15 stamp may have turned off a few prospective buyers. I usually dont mind storestamps, cest la vie, but thats a big lougie there and Id be leery that other more picky collectors might not want the book when I got around to selling it.

That is most likely the reason. I wasn't expecting to win it since the previous sold for $4k and that book had OW pages. I put in what I consider a very conservative bid for that book. It has nice QP, sharp corners, white pages and is a White Mountain. The "15" is the only defect in my eyes and I can live with it.

Am I missing something? It looks like a 65 to me.

(shrug)

Look again :baiting:

I think the 15 stamp may have turned off a few prospective buyers. I usually dont mind storestamps, cest la vie, but thats a big lougie there and Id be leery that other more picky collectors might not want the book when I got around to selling it.

That is most likely the reason. I wasn't expecting to win it since the previous sold for $4k and that book had OW pages. I put in what I consider a very conservative bid for that book. It has nice QP, sharp corners, white pages and is a White Mountain. The "15" is the only defect in my eyes and I can live with it.

(shrug)

It looks like a faint 1 by Angels right wing trail , a 5 under his left wing trail and a smudge by Ka-zar's thumb.

86562.jpg.b92532a223c85e8de6cc0722621d14ac.jpg

Personally I'm skeptical of this two crazy bidders stuff.

Show me these insane prices being widely repeated and I'll agree with you.

Show me one guy here who has even has a clue who these bidders might be and I might feel differently. I won't hold my breath.

I forgot what thread it was in, but Cheetah mentioned by name that one of the big players in the Avengers market, one of the guys paying those crazy prices for top census copies, sold off his collection. The guy's a boardie, but for the life of me I can't remember his handle. Lost money on some/many of those top census copies he had just recently bought.

Was it UrbanBooks from this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3465829#Post3465829

Bingo! That's the guy (thumbs u Well done, thank you :applause:

The Avengers are pretty easy to track since many of the folks paying high prices have registry sets. All you need are CLink archives, GPA and the registry and you can figure out a lot of them.

(shrug)

Lay off the sauce, will ya. Drunken posting is Tropper & Boozad's domain

(shrug)

It looks like a faint 1 by Angels right wing trail , a 5 under his left wing trail and a smudge by Ka-zar's thumb.

Got it! Missed it as I was wowed by the artwork.

(thumbs u

(shrug)

Lay off the sauce, will ya. Drunken posting is Tropper & Boozad's domain

Who's Tropper?

(shrug)

Got it! Missed it as I was wowed by the artwork.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

I added two more Bats 9.8's to the collection:

Got this one for $119:

RAD58FDB2009831_113411.jpg

Got this one for $113:

RAD7C9902009831_113542.jpg

I lost out on Worlds Finest #219 and #221 in CGC 9.8, they both went for $177 ($10 more than my max bid) but they had white pages and perfectly centered covers, so I guess that is why they sold for more. More and more people are paying premiums these days for page quality and perfectly centered covers it seems.

And then I won this for only $225, the 12 month GPA is $438, and 90 day average is $354. I plan to flip it and make a few bucks on it to fund my Worlds Finest purchases.

RAD84652200993_171634.jpg

It came down to two books for me.

The X-Men 111 or the 128.

In the end I only bid on the 128 and got it for $178. :banana: 12 Mo. average $325.

Congrats on the 111. Glad I did not bid it up for you.

X-Men128cgc98.jpg