• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh, a rant about an eBay seller. How trite.

373 posts in this topic

I think nuffsaid's name address telephone number should be listed in this thread.

Nuffsaid Collectibles‎ - more info »

Boca Raton, FL‎ - (561) 451-9800‎

Write a review

"NUFFSAID COLLECTIBLES, 561-451-9800. Boca Raton, FL 33434." magicyellow.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=561-451-9800

hm

I'll be in Boca next week...I will actually be on Yamato rd... :insane:

As you and your dad probably know...I consider this bizarre behavior almost the rule and not the exception....in the masses in this hobby (eBay a massive example). I think I've tried to limit my risk in this hobby yet I've seen all sorts of crazy behavior like this. I'm a glass half-empty guy and some of my early experiences with some nutso sellers do tend to stick with you for a while.

That's why the list of people I buy from is roughly a dirty dozen or so.

sure, i haven't been doing too much ebaying the last couple of years (from the buying side), but this is a bit of an overstatement. wackadoodles and scammers are the exception (if you do some pre-screening of who you buy from and stay away from fishy scenarios), but if it's 1 in 40 or 50 it's still a big PITA. as an ebay seller (albeit low volume), it saddens me to read about people swearing off ebay.

heck, the other week I shipped out a $40 comic sale on ebay and tossed in some extra comics free. my item descriptions all say i may do this. the guy writes back and asks whether he should ship back the accidental shipment thinking i just mispacked them! (the comics were pretty much worthless, just reading/birdcage fodder...the guy paid for a flat rate envelope, so i just stuff it extra). it's nice of him to be so honest, but a little weird that he's so unaccustomed to sellers doing a little "extra'"! i just felt bad that i had nothing to give away to fit his collecting genre (GA crime), so instead I gave him some more modern crime/gangster comics.

As you and your dad probably know...I consider this bizarre behavior almost the rule and not the exception....in the masses in this hobby (eBay a massive example). I think I've tried to limit my risk in this hobby yet I've seen all sorts of crazy behavior like this. I'm a glass half-empty guy and some of my early experiences with some nutso sellers do tend to stick with you for a while.

That's why the list of people I buy from is roughly a dirty dozen or so.

sure, i haven't been doing too much ebaying the last couple of years (from the buying side), but this is a bit of an overstatement. wackadoodles and scammers are the exception (if you do some pre-screening of who you buy from and stay away from fishy scenarios), but if it's 1 in 40 or 50 it's still a big PITA. as an ebay seller (albeit low volume), it saddens me to read about people swearing off ebay.

heck, the other week I shipped out a $40 comic sale on ebay and tossed in some extra comics free. my item descriptions all say i may do this. the guy writes back and asks whether he should ship back the accidental shipment thinking i just mispacked them! (the comics were pretty much worthless, just reading/birdcage fodder...the guy paid for a flat rate envelope, so i just stuff it extra). it's nice of him to be so honest, but a little weird that he's so unaccustomed to sellers doing a little "extra'"! i just felt bad that i had nothing to give away to fit his collecting genre (GA crime), so instead I gave him some more modern crime/gangster comics.

I also like to throw in freebies...check my feedback :-)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=comicalgems&ftab=AllFeedback

Edited by comicalgems

300th Post has the word Yamamoto!

Comicalgems,

You fascinate, intrigue, and amuse me. Please, keep being yourself. :applause:

I'll do what I can, but it's a 24 hour a day job and y'know...that's a lot of time invested when I could be reading up on latest comic plots on wikipedia instead of buying a book that costs $3.95.

I almost bought the ASM One More Day Back Issues but didn't know what other books I needed to complete the arc.

Comicalgems,

I'll do what I can, but it's a 24 hour a day job and y'know...that's a lot of time invested when I could be reading up on latest comic plots on wikipedia instead of buying a book that costs $3.95.

I almost bought the ASM One More Day Back Issues but didn't know what other books I needed to complete the arc.

I'm really hoping you can come up with something new that's as annoying as the "force kick". :shy:

lol

Someone has desperately wanted Daddy's attention for weeks, and clearly cannot handle being ignored...and that's just pathetic.

So I shall throw the poor child a bone:

"wont"

Mmmm...tastes like blowhard.

2474527734_09ebef91ba.jpg

Most be lonely on top of that mountain of yours, Rocko.

P.S. I always thought Zephyr was hot, too. :wink:

lol

Who...really...is the "butthurt" party, here...? The one ignoring two months worth of attempts to get the other's attention....or the one making the attempts to get someone's attention who clearly isn't interested in interacting?

And really? Calling me a blowhard is like calling Bill Gates "rich." Well done, Captain Obvious!

lol

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. (thumbs u

I like both of your internet personas, having met neither of you. I do, however, enjoy this ridiculous Hatfield/McCoy Butthurt Feud more. Carry on.

PS to DrWatson: Sorry about mentioning the Hatfields and McCoy's, Arex told me that your family has lost several chickens as collateral damage in that feud.

lol

Someone has desperately wanted Daddy's attention for weeks, and clearly cannot handle being ignored...and that's just pathetic.

So I shall throw the poor child a bone:

"wont"

Mmmm...tastes like blowhard.

2474527734_09ebef91ba.jpg

Most be lonely on top of that mountain of yours, Rocko.

P.S. I always thought Zephyr was hot, too. :wink:

lol

Who...really...is the "butthurt" party, here...? The one ignoring two months worth of attempts to get the other's attention....or the one making the attempts to get someone's attention who clearly isn't interested in interacting?

And really? Calling me a blowhard is like calling Bill Gates "rich." Well done, Captain Obvious!

lol

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. (thumbs u

I love it when Daddy pays attention to me. :cloud9:

I like both of your internet personas, having met neither of you. I do, however, enjoy this ridiculous Hatfield/McCoy Butthurt Feud more. Carry on.

And do I get to be the Hatfields or the McCoys? And what are the merits of each choice? hm

Sounds like I may need another of RMA's walls'o'text to decide on this one. Oh, and if he could throw in yet another comment on other people's moral ambivalence, that'd be great, too.

And do I get to be the Hatfields or the McCoys? And what are the merits of each choice? hm

Sounds like I may need another of RMA's walls'o'text to decide on this one. Oh, and if he could throw in yet another comment on other people's moral ambivalence, that'd be great, too.

I know this about moral ambivalence. If the devil himself had a super sweet Avatar Goon #1 in Yellow label 9.9 with a sweet Buzzard head sketch for $300, you might not buy it on moral grounds, but then again you might.

PS to DrWatson: Sorry about mentioning the Hatfields and McCoy's, Arex told me that your family has lost several chickens as collateral damage in that feud.

Triple slap !!! Scoreboard !! :golfclap:

Comicalgems,

I'm really hoping you can come up with something new that's as annoying as the "force kick". :shy:

Elmo not doing the job?

Comicalgems,

Elmo not doing the job?

No. That's just gay. Not so much annoying. hm

There are hundreds of collectors on these boards. Do you really think any of us will do business with you after a post like that?

Honestly?

If he has what they want, and the price is what they'll pay, then yes.

Sad but true.

Not all of us share your muddied moral ambiguity, Rocky.

So speak for yourself next time and not for the "collective," as you are want to do.

But you'll never read this because of your dire chronic case of butthurt. Ho hum.

Fix'd.

Comicalgems,

Elmo not doing the job?

No. That's just gay. Not so much annoying. hm

Gay as in HAPPY! :D