• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys outed as Danny Dupcak by CBG

541 posts in this topic

If anyone is still interested in hearing Hammer's take on all this...here it is:

Hammer speaks out about this terrible conspiracy against him!

That thread is hysterical. Same old hammer, telling the mods he won't fight and will be a gentleman, and then the next 10 posts are him fighting in his patented misdirection style (I wonder if the person on this forum whom he mentioned, the one who wrote the fantazia ads and did such a poor job of restoration, was methuselah? Or Mr. Nice?).

He does seem to be falling apart, though. He couldn't get his IDs straight, kept giving information about Dupcak that an outsider wouldn't know (like who wrote the fantazia ads, for example), and kept trying to stir up the usual CGC conspiracy stories.

Hammer was always entertaining, but in the end, he's just a con artist. It was fun to read some of his magic act again ("Stop looking at the overwhelming evidence and look at this red herring instead!") but I'm glad it was over there, instead of here. He had many moments of fun, but geez.

-- Joanna

It seems like the CPG Forumites are already chewing him out for who he is (and not what he's posted, at least not yet). From that thread it does look as if the Mods are more hands on than here, but it could simply be Hammer's notoriety.

Funny that he chose the same name as before, and weird seeing him and F.F. being titled as "Rookie" or "Novice".

I prefer the graemlins we have on these boards.

If anyone is still interested in hearing Hammer's take on all this...here it is:

Shame. So many nice books destroyed due to greed.

GERRY YOUR NEXT! tonofbricks.gif

Gerry wanted me to ask you: His next what?

Anyone got a link to these CPG boards so I can go take a peek?

edit:

Never mind I see the link above.

I thought that was a link to an old thread here... foreheadslap.gif

One of the best threads, and developments in the comic hobby, at least since I've been collecting 893applaud-thumb.gif

I guess the only question this development continues to beg: what steps/solutions, if any, will CBG/Krause/CGC-Borock take to prevent Comic-Keys from continuing to sell on eBay?

One suggestion is that the people involved with conducting this investigation should get in touch with the Federal Trade Commission (FTA). It is in my experience in my dealings with certain officials at the FTC that they would very much like to build a solid case against fraudulant eBay sellers, and the impetus to this -- the FTC's unrelenting desire to slap eBay's wrists for their lax attitude in being more vigliant against such activity.

Not to mention that there is an outside possibility that the FTC might already have some claims that had been processed in the past against Comic-Keys.

BTW: sign-offtopic.gif Why is acronym C.K. now filtered as swear-word? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Guys back to the topic at hand...

The outing of Mr Dupcak

Yes? And? Sorry I thought you had something to add! tongue.gif

Anyway, I read some of the posts in the other forum. It was fun to see the name Hammer again but maybe I'm just tired. I got bored about halfway through. Must try again on the morrow.

I see the thread over there keeps growing. He printed the entire email exchange he had with CBG -- interesting.

He's also reading this thread, so howdy hammer!

-- Joanna

hi.gif

great new choice on the music!!!

i was driving to and from chicago when this all went down. can't believe i missed it. am ready to provide real evidence to anyone who is pursuing anything further on this.

they don't call me Burntboy for nothing.................. smile.gif

So the question I would like to see him dodge...er I mean answer is this.

Based on your final email to CBG, what exactly are you asserting. That some one has gone into the public information databases and put Rosemary Dupcak as the owner of the house you live in? That you don't really live or do business at the Floral Park address? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What I want to know is....with all this evidence how can that Brockley guy say he believes him.

I have some genuine 2 carat diamond rings for sale at $10 a pop if he would like to buy some.

It is so ludicrous as to be sad. insane.gif

Shame. So many nice books destroyed due to greed.

GERRY YOUR NEXT! tonofbricks.gif

Gerry wanted me to ask you: His next what?

It's only obvious . His FRIGGIN DOWNFALL the crook.

Oh Please have him pm me> I would LOVE to TALK! makepoint.gif