• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,134 posts in this topic

Droids? lol

They are pretty expensive for me but I would like to have a #10-13 sequence of Zip some day. I need the Inferno storyline as I was dreaming of publishing some Biro stuff here in Italy.

I take the opportunity to ask: is the National Comics #18 you have incomplete? I saw you posted a group pic in the "missing parts" thread.

5558823991_9fe00be546_z.jpg

The National 18 is incomplete. All the comics in the picture are incomplete and are mostly bits and pieces.

I was very excited to get these in hand today. The DDBH is a book I've wanted since I was a very young collector. Thanks to a boardie for both.

FF102cgc7_0crmowA_zpsb8349086.jpg

DDBHcgc6_5owwA_zpsd1918cc6.jpg

Congratulations, 2 great books!

I was very excited to get these in hand today. The DDBH is a book I've wanted since I was a very young collector. Thanks to a boardie for both.

All-time classic. Crack that sucker out & read it!

All-time classic. Crack that sucker out & read it!

Hey Dan, I'd love to but fortunately there's Digital comic Museum so I don't have to. ;) ( :gossip: I know it's not quite the same though)

Daredevil Battle Hitler

Hey Twissty, what a nice #1. I don’t know if I’ll ever buy one, it’s a little too expensive and I prefer to give precedence to #10 and #4, which I still miss.

And yes, it’s not definitely the same thing to read the scans. I am thinking to replace my #2 (which is CGC) with a raw copy to have it handy to read. :)

FF102cgc7_0crmowA_zpsb8349086.jpg

Great books. Congrats!

Droids? lol

They are pretty expensive for me but I would like to have a #10-13 sequence of Zip some day. I need the Inferno storyline as I was dreaming of publishing some Biro stuff here in Italy.

I take the opportunity to ask: is the National Comics #18 you have incomplete? I saw you posted a group pic in the "missing parts" thread.

5558823991_9fe00be546_z.jpg

The National 18 is incomplete. All the comics in the picture are incomplete and are mostly bits and pieces.

Here is one of the scans that I made of the National 18 splash.

8560954744_0cb2c8c38f_b.jpg

Most likely, #18 was chiefly Fine, although I am sure it’s Fine/Eisner and/or a combination of the studio talents for many other National issues… :)

Oh, I was just looking at the top of the page BB scanned and it said Eisner... But you're right though the pencils and inks were done by Fine.

Edited by Twistty1

Yes, all Uncle Sam stories are signed by Eisner, but very little show only his hand. Very likely, they were quite a teamwork at the studio, but this is so inequivocably Fine. :)

After Fine, many are by the great Reed Crandall, different style, equally awesome!

The Ray, on the other hand, was signed "E. Lektron", but still Fine.

Really nice Superman 17 in the HA auction. I love this book for Hitler/Axis covers, and still somewhat undervalued imo. I think with the movie coming out this book should be due for a spike, especially with how Hitler covers are selling lately. White pages to boot. hm

Superman 17

Edited by Twistty1

Thanks Vaillant! I half-jokingly say morbid as essentially, these wartime caricatures depict my family background. But I do find these WWII covers fascinating and humorous!

I was also looking for non-satiric books on the Japanese-American experience during the war and found one, EC's Frontline Combat 5, which featured a lead story on the 442nd (the famed Japanese-American combat unit). Anyone know of others?

Another of my favorite covers. Too bad about the tape, though...

usa8front1400.jpg

i love the colors