• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,135 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]Another recent yeller cover acquisition (arrived this morning)... smiley-happy057.gif

33aa41d0-a088-4cc9-b6c9-d79024fc8054_zps9c838b96.jpg

Note: There is a very small bindery chip, no other visible imperfections aside from scan glare & a couple of scuff marks on the surface of the slab.

As with my under-copy, this one apparently came from the ERB estate.[/font] :banana:

Cat, congratulations on acquiring that beauty. It's a gorgeous copy. I really would love to learn more about it's provenance. We've talked about it before and I've looked around but can't seem to find anything. Do you notice many similarities between this one an your other ERB copy?

[font:Times New Roman]Just one noteworthy one, but it's fascinating. Here is my under copy...

15c70abd-9059-4898-8a67-6cd9fb434a0e_zps8eac0982.jpg

Notice the tiny yellow spot directly under the "H" of Hitler that isn't filled in on the black shadow of both copies, then look at other copies of this title. I'm inclined to believe that there was a fleck of ink that failed to cover one specific spot during this part of the run. You can clearly see it on these, but not on most other copies. Maybe there's a logical reason for this phenomenon other than the likelihood that these copies came from the same limited run of books, but if so, I haven't figured it out yet[/font].

What is the story behind the R. Cat Conrad collection? I googled him and see he is an artist, anyone have anymore info?

Johnny

[font:Times New Roman]Another recent yeller cover acquisition (arrived this morning)... smiley-happy057.gif

33aa41d0-a088-4cc9-b6c9-d79024fc8054_zps9c838b96.jpg

Note: There is a very small bindery chip, no other visible imperfections aside from scan glare & a couple of scuff marks on the surface of the slab.

As with my under-copy, this one apparently came from the ERB estate.[/font] :banana:

Cat, congratulations on acquiring that beauty. It's a gorgeous copy. I really would love to learn more about it's provenance. We've talked about it before and I've looked around but can't seem to find anything. Do you notice many similarities between this one an your other ERB copy?

[font:Times New Roman]Just one noteworthy one, but it's fascinating. Here is my under copy...

15c70abd-9059-4898-8a67-6cd9fb434a0e_zps8eac0982.jpg

Notice the tiny yellow spot directly under the "H" of Hitler that isn't filled in on the black shadow of both copies, then look at other copies of this title. I'm inclined to believe that there was a fleck of ink that failed to cover one specific spot during this part of the run. You can clearly see it on these, but not on most other copies. Maybe there's a logical reason for this phenomenon other than the likelihood that these copies came from the same limited run of books, but if so, I haven't figured it out yet[/font].

What is the story behind the R. Cat Conrad collection? I googled him and see he is an artist, anyone have anymore info?

Johnny

Ask David_Merriweather, he knows that Cat pretty well! ;)

A little, almost hidden, Hitler...

americasbestcosmic008.jpg

This one and Marvel Mystery #64 are like early "Where's Waldo" pictures, subbing in Adolf for Waldo. He's also a little hard to spot on Daredevil #18 and Arrow #3.

Oh, and a very nice copy, by the way.

[font:Times New Roman]Haven't won anything in the CC auction yet, but this tough book arrived yesterday...[/font]

771392df-d14a-4b35-8ced-60697b13ae18_zpsd9325a4e.jpg

:whee:

Great cover! He sure looks like Marvel's Dr. Strange on that cover.

[font:Times New Roman]Haven't won anything in the CC auction yet, but this tough book arrived yesterday...[/font]

771392df-d14a-4b35-8ced-60697b13ae18_zpsd9325a4e.jpg

:whee:

Awesome book Cat. The detail on that cover is great. New Order Gestapo. :o