• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hitler And Axis Covers Comics Do You Have?
11 11

1,135 posts in this topic

This one published by Columbia is pretty hard to find. This is the Highest Graded Copy.

JoePalooka2_zpsd20e0f78.jpg

Congrats, West. Almost bid on that (even though I've got one of the 8.0 copies) just because it was going cheap and then in the last few seconds, it wasn't so cheap. I thought Sparkle City got some pretty strong results last night. Also noticed that shipping is no longer free (although still a very reasonable $5 charge).

This one published by Columbia is pretty hard to find. This is the Highest Graded Copy.

JoePalooka2_zpsd20e0f78.jpg

Congrats, West. Almost bid on that (even though I've got one of the 8.0 copies) just because it was going cheap and then in the last few seconds, it wasn't so cheap. I thought Sparkle City got some pretty strong results last night. Also noticed that shipping is no longer free (although still a very reasonable $5 charge).

Yeah, I bid on it too but wasn't quite willing to go high enough because I had my eye on a couple of other books.

I was also surprised this morning when I paid my SC bill to find the $5 shipping charge -- and no combined shipping! Still love their quick shipments, though.

Does anyone know of any Mussolini covers?

Or any covers with any 3rd Reich hierarchy other than Hitler?

Johnny

Lots of Mussolini covers. Usually with Hitler and Tojo or Hirohito, but occasionally with just Hitler (and once, in the case of Cat-man #3, with Hitler and Stalin).

Boy5a.jpg

Other Nazi leaders appeared with Hitler on a few covers

SparkyWatts1CGC7.jpg

capmarv21.jpg

Here's one where Goering and Goebbels are seen without the boss:

master42.jpg

Does anyone know of any Mussolini covers?

Or any covers with any 3rd Reich hierarchy other than Hitler?

Johnny

Lots of Mussolini covers. Usually with Hitler and Tojo or Hirohito, but occasionally with just Hitler (and once, in the case of Cat-man #3, with Hitler and Stalin).

Boy5a.jpg

Other Nazi leaders appeared with Hitler on a few covers

SparkyWatts1CGC7.jpg

capmarv21.jpg

Here's one where Goering and Goebbels are seen without the boss:

master42.jpg

Awesome, thanks for posting these.

Is there a good way to tell whether the oriental baddie pictured on a given axis cover is Hirohito or Tojo? I don't know how to tell them apart, and I'm not sure the CGC labels always get it right.

Is there a good way to tell whether the oriental baddie pictured on a given axis cover is Hirohito or Tojo? I don't know how to tell them apart, and I'm not sure the CGC labels always get it right.

It's not an absolute, but Hirohito is usually depicted wearing glasses. Tojo was in glasses sometimes, but not always. Truthfully, probably just a guess.

It's not an absolute, but Hirohito is usually depicted wearing glasses. Tojo was in glasses sometimes, but not always. Truthfully, probably just a guess.

They usually put Tojo on the comics as he was the real ruler of Japan with all the political and military power. Hirohito was the emperor, so he is not often drawn wearing a military uniform.