• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

did he say what the cover sold for? that the cover of the year for me so far

I like the variants they are doing, mainly because they aren't incentives. You can order either. I have my LCS order me variants only, because the regular covers are just typical Archie (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the variants are a lot more adventurous.

I love this new variant cover, for Archie #646:

archie-646-variant1.jpg

Love this cover!

I talked to Andrew Pepoy, the cover artist at Heroes Con and he said he was surprised at the response to this cover. He told me that he'd sold the cover almost immediately for much cheaper than he should have, and had been fielding e-mail inquiries about it since (mine was one).

I did see the original there for his Afterlife with Archie #1 variant which is cool, though much nicer before Archie Comics decided to censor Betty's butt cheek outline... He wouldn't let me take a picture!

image_zps39c71637.jpg

did he say what the cover sold for? that the cover of the year for me so far

I like the variants they are doing, mainly because they aren't incentives. You can order either. I have my LCS order me variants only, because the regular covers are just typical Archie (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the variants are a lot more adventurous.

archie-646-variant1.jpg

Love this cover!

I talked to Andrew Pepoy, the cover artist at Heroes Con and he said he was surprised at the response to this cover. He told me that he'd sold the cover almost immediately for much cheaper than he should have, and had been fielding e-mail inquiries about it since (mine was one).

I did see the original there for his Afterlife with Archie #1 variant which is cool, though much nicer before Archie Comics decided to censor Betty's butt cheek outline... He wouldn't let me take a picture!

image_zps39c71637.jpg

No, but I suspect it was for less than $1000.

archie-646-variant1.jpg

Love this cover!

I did see the original there for his Afterlife with Archie #1 variant which is cool, though much nicer before Archie Comics decided to censor Betty's butt cheek outline... He wouldn't let me take a picture![/url]

Let's put it this way...

I have never purchased an Archie in my entire life. The most I ever read were the digests while waiting on the supermarket line with my parents when I was a little kid. As soon as you posted this I went over to eBay and picked up a copy for about $8 shipped I think. I was captivated by the cover of this book. Then I text messaged a picture of it to two of my comic collecting friends and one of them immediately headed to eBay to pick one up.

He definitely sold the original cover art for probably far less than what he got for it.

archie-646-variant1.jpg

Love this cover!

I did see the original there for his Afterlife with Archie #1 variant which is cool, though much nicer before Archie Comics decided to censor Betty's butt cheek outline... He wouldn't let me take a picture![/url]

Let's put it this way...

I have never purchased an Archie in my entire life. The most I ever read were the digests while waiting on the supermarket line with my parents when I was a little kid. As soon as you posted this I went over to eBay and picked up a copy for about $8 shipped I think. I was captivated by the cover of this book. Then I text messaged a picture of it to two of my comic collecting friends and one of them immediately headed to eBay to pick one up.

He definitely sold the original cover art for probably far less than what he got for it.

I pull Archie for my daughter. I've never read it but she enjoys the book (I think...). This cover caught my eye.

[font:Book Antiqua]

Anyone excited with the new and upcoming:

"Afterlife with Archie"

Zombie apocalypse in Riverdale

Plus: writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's & artist Francesco Francavilla

The previews looks fantastic...

[/font]

:luhv:

afterlife_with_archie_cover_francavilla_low_zps16752139.jpg

Edited by MagnusX

Just picked this puppy up on ebay the other day (6.0-6.5). Page edges are tanning, but for the most part the pages are nice and creamy inside. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the Metro copy here for $320, but got this one at a great price.

Pep54_zps77f6b671.jpg

Aside for the name on the cover, I do think this one presents a bit better, but you be the judge I am clearly bias. I know metro claims off-white pages, but for nearly $200 less, I'm pumped.

archie-646-variant1.jpg

Love this cover!

Let's put it this way...

I pull Archie for my daughter. I've never read it but she enjoys the book (I think...). This cover caught my eye.

I put a post in the wtb thread to see if anyone has slabbed this. I rarely buy slabs but I want this one. ebay had nothing, it could be because its so new but I think its more no market for modern archie slabs. virtually non existant on ebay