• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

Here, you can have mine. Now, let's see ... VG/FN copy guides for $52 ... now let's account for the other highly-accurate price guide -- eBay ... multiply by 16, carry the 2, add imaginary value for future appreciation (cause you know we're selling a business here), and ... $12,000! Yours if you want it, let me know.

Sorry I'm really having trouble brushing off these eBay vultures. I'll keep an eye out for a copy for you!

I'm confused, is there one on ebay for $12k?

Looks like a G/VG sold for $21 there.

A paird CGCed 37 & 40 sold for $121 so thats like $60 each...

Probably more like $100 for the 40 and $20 for the 37...

I still think ebay is more realistic than overstreet. archie gets zero respect in overstreet

for completed sales yes. (even with some occasional shilling boosting final values)

for listed book prices, no. Just way to many fishing listings (putting a book out there with a BIN price that is 2-3-10x market value) in hopes of getting someone to bite.

Archie gets the same amount of respect from Overstreet that it gets from the comic community as a whole - which I agree is little at best. I walked into a comic store in NH a few weeks ago, a huge shop, and asked if they had any Archie comics. I was told that there maybe a few in the box in the back marked "KIDS COMICS". Then the owner proceeded to tell he was planning to stop carrying them altogether. At the Boston con I could not believe how few Archie books were available. Most dealers either said they didn't have any or didn't bring them to the show because they had to pick and choose and wanted to bring what would 'move'. I realize these are extreme examples but as an Archie collector for 30+ years it pisses me off.

Believe me, I'd like nothing more than to see the value of my collection reach the prices that a select few are asking on eBay, but listing an Archie #282 for $400+ is not helping the cause.

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

and to show how little respect they get...2 years ago at fanexpo, a bigger dealer had stacks, at least 100 pages of archie titles original art and they were selling it at 10 dollars each!! sadly I was down to 50 dollars when I found this so I was only able to pick up 5. but seriously, stan goldburg art for 10 dollars...embarrising