• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

I don't have much in the Archie series, but this was part of a group I recently purchased, so I thought I'd add something to this awesome thread

Archiesxmasstock25_zpsac3cb036.jpg

So, I posted this in another thread already, but since this is where the Archie experts hang out I thought this might be a more productive place to post it.

I received today a shipment of Archie back issues I ordered off ebay. Among these was a copy of Archie #401, which as you can see is not the normal version, but rather a free Club Med variant:

SAM_0932.jpg

As the cover story is set at Club Med, my assumption is that this was a one-off deal between Archie and Club Med. But I am am curious if there were any other free Club Med giveaways. Or if Archie did something like this with any other companies. Or if maybe Club Med had variants of comics from other publishers?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. Thanks.

So, I posted this in another thread already, but since this is where the Archie experts hang out I thought this might be a more productive place to post it.

I received today a shipment of Archie back issues I ordered off ebay. Among these was a copy of Archie #401, which as you can see is not the normal version, but rather a free Club Med variant:

SAM_0932.jpg

As the cover story is set at Club Med, my assumption is that this was a one-off deal between Archie and Club Med. But I am am curious if there were any other free Club Med giveaways. Or if Archie did something like this with any other companies. Or if maybe Club Med had variants of comics from other publishers?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. Thanks.

Club Med appears to be about a vacation offering. Here is an ad for Club Med I noticed on line.

1_zps2d771e0c.jpg

This is my favorite of the few that I have:

image-10.jpg

So many stories with Mr. Lodge, so few with Mrs. Lodge. There is a long history of minor characters in the Archie Universe who never really get their time.

I like the word play, but it's really made by the sound effect drawing attention to the time. Then again, the time isn't really indicated correctly, but we get the point anyway. :)