• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2021 at 7:41 PM, Greatwhite said:

Just added to Hulu…all three seasons of The Tick Animated Series😀😀😀

Wow, streaming services abound, but that's so cool! Somehow I only have Netflix haha

Did everyone pick up their copy of The Tick Free Comic Book Day 2021?  The Tick is back for his 12th FREE COMIC BOOK DAY featuring an ALL-NEW story and cover! The Tick has always been one of the most popular FCBD comics. This year's exciting tale is inspired from Ben Edlund's classic "Microbe Adventure!" trading card as The Tick encounters a world where microscopic creatures engage in a never-ending survival of the fittest!
Should The Tick and his friends meddle in this eerie reality?! Don't miss out on an exciting new chapter of one of the longest running indy comic books. SPOOOOOON!

THE TICK FCBD.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 1:36 PM, vsndesigns said:

Did everyone pick up their copy of The Tick Free Comic Book Day 2021?  The Tick is back for his 12th FREE COMIC BOOK DAY featuring an ALL-NEW story and cover! The Tick has always been one of the most popular FCBD comics. This year's exciting tale is inspired from Ben Edlund's classic "Microbe Adventure!" trading card as The Tick encounters a world where microscopic creatures engage in a never-ending survival of the fittest!
Should The Tick and his friends meddle in this eerie reality?! Don't miss out on an exciting new chapter of one of the longest running indy comic books. SPOOOOOON!

THE TICK FCBD.jpg

I didn't participate in FCBD this year, but thanks for the heads up! Sounds like fun

On 9/12/2021 at 11:00 PM, Brian Bollinger said:

NEC didn't create a comic book for FCBD this year :-(  ...Or if they did, it hasn't been released as of yet.  But since someone posted the photo of the would-be comic book... this image might be of interest to some of you.

FCBD 2021?.jpeg

Ah...I see the workings of another Duane Redhead excellence!

On 9/13/2021 at 7:26 AM, spracknetch23 said:

Finally we can watch season 3 again. Hope they included the missing DVD episodes "Alone Together" and "Mole Men". 

Not likely since it was a license issue and will never be renewed

On 9/13/2021 at 10:04 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Not likely since it was a license issue and will never be renewed

I'm kinda hoping something's gotta give next year, or at least between 2022 to 2023 to see if something comes from Hasbro's Allspark/Entertainment One or Disney.  I would love to walk down the aisle of my favorite grocery store to pick up a The Tick Bar Soap!  

I read this side story of The Chainsaw Vigilante in an Archive of Our Own, which is a fan fiction by a Arcanna Ryu, I really dug it and I thought I would share.  https://archiveofourown.org/works/19037149/chapters/45215356  If you have a chance, it's a short read (about 8 chapters) and tell me what you think of it, good or bad.  Thanks!