• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

The Tick Jack in the Box Tick Antennae Darts. Velcro Tick Antenna Darts to throw at villain targets. 1 of 4 toys included in Jack in the Box Kids Meals in 1997. Each was included in a bag which featured The Tick and Speak on the Front and a game on the back. Answers to the game were included on the bottom of the bag.

k3ssd2.jpg

I have never seen that one before. Thanks you posting it...or not, because I feel like my mission expands the more you post! lol

I know the feeling! Thank me when Amazon launches their movie, or it gets picked up as a series on Netflix, or better yet...a major motion summer blockbuster...when everyone slows down from their Infinity Gauntlet high...and need to find something or someone like The Tick...who's just cool...and has a life after all the CGI action. ....yeah, yeah, yeah...could be just wishful thinking, but all the other super heroes on the IGN top 100 comic book heroes have their own movies...why not The Tick? I think it's just timing. On the other hand...I'll probably eat my words when all the really rare Tick stuff dissappears off the face of the planet...hehehe...Touche!

I was thinking about posting something up everyday for the next 12 days of Christmas...but that was giving this way too much thought...

Released by Bandai in 1995, the Wacky Wind-Ups featuring characters from The Tick animated series driving various forms of transportation. One of six of the following characters in this collection.

Hard Drivin' Tick (in sports car)

Wing Fluttering Arthur (on a scooter)

Submarine Sewer Urchin

Cannon Human Bullet

Crop Dusting El Seed (in an airplane)

Time Bomb Dyna-Mole (riding a wheeled bomb)

This is a sensational collectible figure of the good doer and friend of all, the HUMAN BULLET from the now classic FOX TV animated show "The Tick." This noble good guy has a bullet head and a tendency to launch himself out a cannon! Wind him up, he pops up out of the cannon. . . then he zooms away! . . . a weird combination to be sure, but he fights evil and is a great help to "The Tick!" On the back of the package is written, "Wacky Action! Your favorite characters from the Tick cartoon show are here to entertain you! There are six different wacky windups for you to collect, each with an amusing action feature, wind 'em up and watch 'em go!" 12851 E. 106th Street, Cerritos, CA 90703.

108hith.jpg

In a way, it's kind of nice to know that I will probably be able to finish my collection of The Tick items in a couple years. That sense of completion...which I would probably never be able to get if I were collecting something like Star Wars or Transformers...hmmm...haven't started on any of the spinoffs yet though...oh man...

Here's one from Ralph Vincelli Writer of the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms-The Essential Harryhausen.

The Tick 3-D Art Design by Ralph Vincetti 1997

Hand Painted Limited Edition "Tick" and 1997 Fox Children's Network All Rights Reserved, "Tick", "American Maid", "Arthur" and "Speak" characters and 1995 Ben Edlund 3-D Art Design and 1997 Ralph Vincelli

Size: 16.5" x 14" (approx.)

Materials: High gloss arcrylic plexiglass (1/8" thick) with clear plastic hanging tab on back and art desciption on watercolor paper mounted on back. The four black plexiglass mounts on the corners help to keep the levels of art seperated from each other. The pink decorated background is at the farthest rear of the display after the high gloss plexiglass mount. The next level has American Maid and Arthur on it. And the final clear plexiglass sheet has The Tick on it. The piece is autographed by Ralph Vincetti on The Tick Logo Card mounted on the first level of the art piece.

This is number 11 of 500 that Ralph Vincetti created and you can tell is quite crisp and clear in regards to the linework and painting.

2ir2geg.jpg

Here's a model kit of The Tick that I have yet to build. It's a resin kit that I started to build but realized that I better either hire someone else to build and paint it or practice more with other resin models.

33e0m1j.jpg

The Tick Limited Edition By Hypno Kits, LTD. This is a limited edition kit (only 35 made) from a small Minnesota company. The question is, should I build and paint it or should I leave it alone?

That's definitely one I've never seen before and wouldn't anticipate I'd ever see one available. Personally I'd leave it as is. I'd value its purity to much to even consider painting it.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. I really wanted to build it but I just don't think I have the skill to do so. Now if I can convince someone like Rubén Procopio to do the work as a commissioned artist, that might be acceptable.

This is what it's supposed to look like when it's done.

24f04k5.jpg

My wife made this for me for Christmas and I absolutely love it! We had it framed along with another piece that she made for me and now I want a collection of 9 for each holiday! Like an Andy Warhall type of collage...she told me she would have to think about it!

28a6kqb.jpg

That was such a great gift your wife made you!

Ironhide is an excellent choice for the project. I can't wait to see the completed Tickformer.

Happy New Years to you and the rest of The Tick fans! :whee:

Hey Man! My wife says thanks! She had fun putting it together! My wife was questioning whether I should transform my ironhide after all...it's one of those really big transformers that you don't see around much. It's like 15 inches from bumper to bumper when in the GMC Truck mode and they mispelled GMC with EWD! hahaha.

ORIGINAL ART COMIC SKETCH COVER THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2015 SCHERES

The Tick: 2015 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Comic Book (Sketch cover)

The Tick SDCC 2015 Exclusive (Sketch cover) comic is 16 pages with all original material and is in FULL COLOR. Includes a 13-page story & sketches (one by Ben Edlund). This book is LIMITED and is serial numbered. Available only at the NEC Tick booth.

xn8ev9.jpg

Chad Scheres is an accomplished artist in his own right with such illustrations found in How to Draw Monsters!

2rffynt.jpg

Definitely influenced by Big Daddy Ed Roth, I remember him from the late 60's and 70's!

2wgzk9j.jpg

Awesome take on The Tick's Big Yule Log Special 1997 by Eli Stone (another really cool friend that just rocks the art world!)

The Tick - Polystone Statue by Electric Tiki

The Tick - Polystone Statue by Electric Tiki Special Edition: Sideshow Collectibles proudly presents The Tick statue by Electric Tiki! The Tick began in 1986 with his first appearance as the mascot of a comic shop newsletter, which quickly gained notoriety for the superhero-spoof's absurdist antics and earned an independent black and white comic book of its very own. The Tick caught a big break with the animated TV series in 1994, airing as a Saturday morning cartoon that lasted three seasons and has been rerun on Comedy Central, Toon Disney, and ABC Family, as well as release on DVD.

The Tick statue stands approximately 12" tall. Each piece is hand cast in high quality polystone and hand painted to exacting standards. It is packaged in a durable foam interior and a beautiful full color package, and each piece is individually numbered for authenticity. This one is numbered 2 of 50. Which is a little confusing because of the following: Regular Edition limited to 225, Exclusive Sideshow Edition comes with The Tick's "Secret Crime Viewfinder" limited to 100!, 14th in the Classic Heroes Collection. The box is checked as Regular Edition, Officially Licensed, Fully painted, ready to display, Individually numbered! Statue design by Tracy Mark Lee, Sculpted by Ruben Procopio.

2553nf9.jpg