• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

I just hope this isn't DOA. :sorry:

From the video interview, it sounds like Amazon is waiting for more than the pilot -script to be written by Ben Edlund. When I checked on any updated information, it sounds like Edlund got roped into writing scripts for 'Powers'.

POWERS Season 2 Take Over and a New Retro Girl Rises in First Season 2 Trailer

Powers will return in 2016 to the Sony PlayStation Network, with Falling Skies alum Remi Aubuchon taking up showrunning duties fulltime. Additionally, Ben Edlund (Supernatural, Angel, Firefly and creator of The Tick) will join the writing staff.

We have our own George R.R. Martin getting distracted with other projects.

:(

Great posts! Now when can we start the conversation on the new show? Hurry up Amazon!!!

Patrick Warburton has gone radio silent for a while now on this. Though back in August he had some details to share.

Tick Amazon thread

I just hope this isn't DOA. :sorry:

I read in an article about rebooting The Tick that interest had to be shown by the public in the form of DVD sales, etc. Obviously there is stronger than just a cult following when it comes to The Tick. Try asking a perfect stranger or counter clerk, if he or she has ever heard of either the animated series or the live action series of The Tick. I think you'll be surprised how often you will hear, "I LOVE THE TICK!" I created a flickr page to see what kind of response I would get from posting photos relating to the series, TV, merchandise, as opposed to my myriad of photos from a civil war reenactment that I attended a few years back ago. The results are staggering. My civil war photos range from a few dozen views each, while my Tick photos literally range in the hundreds of thousands! I hope someone out there, in a world not too far far away will have the insight to bring back a character that is so badly needed in a world where things are taken so serious.

103soxi.jpg

THE TICK BY ELI STONE PAGE 13

THE TICK "Tick's Back #0" pg13 - SIGNED ORIGINAL COMIC ART Eli Stone 1997. Original comic artwork for The Tick, 1997's "The Tick's Back" #0 issue, page 13. It is signed off on by Eli Stone, George Suarez, and Bob Polio. Eli Stone and Bob Polio also signed the back of the sheet.

I read in an article about rebooting The Tick that interest had to be shown by the public in the form of DVD sales, etc. Obviously there is stronger than just a cult following when it comes to The Tick. Try asking a perfect stranger or counter clerk, if he or she has ever heard of either the animated series or the live action series of The Tick. I think you'll be surprised how often you will hear, "I LOVE THE TICK!" I created a flickr page to see what kind of response I would get from posting photos relating to the series, TV, merchandise, as opposed to my myriad of photos from a civil war reenactment that I attended a few years back ago. The results are staggering. My civil war photos range from a few dozen views each, while my Tick photos literally range in the hundreds of thousands! I hope someone out there, in a world not too far far away will have the insight to bring back a character that is so badly needed in a world where things are taken so serious.

When I saw a sale on DVD's at a retail store include Tick Season One for $3 (brand new), I couldn't pick that up fast enough. Well worth that, and much more.

When I saw a sale on DVD's at a retail store include Tick Season One for $3 (brand new), I couldn't pick that up fast enough. Well worth that, and much more.

Right On! I bought 5 and mailed them out as presents...my wife just smiled! I remember waiting for Enders Game to become a movie...I hope I don't have to wait too long for The Tick!

And one more...

2016-01-07-0001_zps6bvzcp4a.jpg

2016-01-07-0005_zps5r6zsdwq.jpg

Drooling! The infamous non-die cut No. 2 issue...that I wish I had. Hopefully one day it'll pop up on ebay! Really nice piece! BTW...how the heck do you get your scans to be so clear? When I scan mine in, they come out a tad blurry?

Edited by vsndesigns

vsndesigns, the scanner I am using is an old Microtek i800. i got it used on ebay and its HUGE but it takes great scans of slabs. This was a straight scan with zero photoshop which is good because I am clueless when it comes to that stuff.

There is a scanner thread in Comics General somewhere and they discuss the latest and greatest in scanners. This is one of the dinosaur scanners.

vsndesigns, the scanner I am using is an old Microtek i800. i got it used on ebay and its HUGE but it takes great scans of slabs. This was a straight scan with zero photoshop which is good because I am clueless when it comes to that stuff.

There is a scanner thread in Comics General somewhere and they discuss the latest and greatest in scanners. This is one of the dinosaur scanners.

Oh my gosh! I used to have one of those...and I pitched it for some reason or another...serves me right. Thanks for the lead though!

As a side note, my wife and I went yard selling this weekend and we bought an original piece of comic book artwork for $5.00 and we absolutely love it! Amazing what you can find out there while getting a little bit of exercise!