• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Which one is missing?

5koart.jpg

Issue 12

"One Man's Treasure......is Also Another Man's Treasure"

Released May 1993

Ben Edlund, Writer & Penciller; Jeff Whiting, Inker; Bob Polio, Letterer; Richard Edlund, Cover Colorist; George Suarez, Editor

Barry returns to his castle, upset that the Tick has usurped his name. Meanwhile, the Tri-State Superhero Congress has decreed that since the Tick defeated Barry, he stands to inherit all of Barry's superhero paraphernalia. Barry accedes to the Congress's wishes, allowing the Tick and Arthur to move into his castle, but the loss drives him over the edge and he refuses to wear clothes. Barry devises a plan to get his stuff back by contacting his arch-enemies, the Evileers, led by the Terror and goads them to attack the Tick.

This is the last issue that Ben Edlund was directly involved in. After this, he left to oversee the animated version of the Tick.

Four different variant covers were released with this issue. Each came with a no-logo front cover with a gold foil Tick emblem. The back covers came with four limited variations: Rockets On (1000 copies), released at Capital City Sales Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Dinnertime (1000 copies), released at the Diamond Tenth Seminar in Atlanta, Georgia; Frrd! (1000 copies), released Summer, 1993; Tick Society Coat of Arms (2000 copies).

Second edition released September 1995. Third, 10th anniversary edition released August 1996. Fourth edition released January 1998.

:grin:

YUPPERS! I've passed on buying that one multiple times, figuring I'd get it later...haven't seen one lately so it sure is nice to know that it exists and not a figment of my imagination. I'm sure someone will put one up on ebay one day! :whee:

On the lighter side...holly smokes...I won another box of filled 30 year old cereal! Heading out on vacation and hope it doesn't end up sitting on my front porch. I can imagine if someone picks it up while I'm gone and looks inside...that's some really old cereal!

THE TICK ANIMATED SERIES CHARACTER ENEMY DYNA-MOLE EXPLOSION 1994 A mole who talks like Peter Lorre and is continually ensconced in sticks of dynamite

121ps74.jpg

THE TICK ANIMATED SERIES CHARACTER ENEMY DYNAMOLE EXPLOSION 1994 During its original run, The Tick was nominated for several Annie Awards as well as Emmys and, in 1995, won two of the former. In March 2008, Wizard magazine ranked The Tick #16 on its Top 100 Greatest Cartoons. In January 2009, IGN ranked The Tick #6 on its Top 100 Animated Series list. IGN went on to regard it "the first great lampooning of the superhero genre" and compared the series to Mel Brooks and Monty Python. Pat Fraley Dyna-Mole: Dyna-Mole attended the birthday party of Chairface Chippendale and was also on the decorating committee, though he felt his partner, The Crease, used too much green ("It's a motif!" the other explained). He is very mole-like, short, round, and whiskery, and nearsighted. His voice is very squeaky and he has sticks of dynamite strapped to his waist set on a timer.

THE TICK ANIMATED SERIES CHARACTER ENEMY DYNA-MOLE EXPLOSION 1994 A mole who talks like Peter Lorre and is continually ensconced in sticks of dynamite

121ps74.jpg

THE TICK ANIMATED SERIES CHARACTER ENEMY DYNAMOLE EXPLOSION 1994 During its original run, The Tick was nominated for several Annie Awards as well as Emmys and, in 1995, won two of the former. In March 2008, Wizard magazine ranked The Tick #16 on its Top 100 Greatest Cartoons. In January 2009, IGN ranked The Tick #6 on its Top 100 Animated Series list. IGN went on to regard it "the first great lampooning of the superhero genre" and compared the series to Mel Brooks and Monty Python. Pat Fraley Dyna-Mole: Dyna-Mole attended the birthday party of Chairface Chippendale and was also on the decorating committee, though he felt his partner, The Crease, used too much green ("It's a motif!" the other explained). He is very mole-like, short, round, and whiskery, and nearsighted. His voice is very squeaky and he has sticks of dynamite strapped to his waist set on a timer.

That image is so awesome looking.

Thanks IntoAnother! I actually spent some time creating it in photoshop! And it was pretty fun to do as well! I got my box of Cinnamon cereal today! That Bill really took good care of his stuff! It looks like it was just taken off of the grocery shelf today! Do you know if there were any other cereals that The Tick was on?

Oh you are very welcome, it's even more impressive to hear that you created it in Photoshop!

You are right about Bill, I am extremely happy with the Newsletter I picked up from him. :whee:

I'm not sure if The Tick was on any other cereal boxes. The only ones I'm familiar with are the regular and cinnamon flavors of Life cereal.

As far as I know, The Tick only came in two cereal boxes. This is one of them. The Cinnamon Box of Quaker Oat Life.

10i777o.jpg

Thanks goes out to Bill Devine for this one. It completes my collection of actual boxes of The Tick appearance on cereal boxes that have never been open! If CGC could grade these...I'm pretty sure it would receive a 9.8! (Where is Mr. 9.8 recently?)

Mr. 9.8 has been off the boards for a few months, it happens. I know all is well with him and hope he returns.

I'll try to find something in my archives to post up that would inspire a comment from him! ...hmmmm.... any suggestions?

Mr. 9.8 has been off the boards for a few months, it happens. I know all is well with him and hope he returns.

I'll try to find something in my archives to post up that would inspire a comment from him! ...hmmmm.... any suggestions?

Here's a thought. I just received my Tick Catalog from 1996 with pages of stuff way back when. I know I'll break its spine by scanning it from cover to cover...and then post it here...only the coolest Tick place ever!

A 1996 Tick catalog!

:popcorn:

A 1996 Tick catalog!

I'M SCANNING NOW! TOOK THE PLUNGE...I'M ON PAGE 26...IT'S SCREAMING IN PROTEST...OR MAYBE THAT'S JUST MY OCD! HEHEHE

A 1996 Tick catalog!

I'M SCANNING NOW! TOOK THE PLUNGE...I'M ON PAGE 26...IT'S SCREAMING IN PROTEST...OR MAYBE THAT'S JUST MY OCD! HEHEHE

Oh man...on page 42 and I still haven't 'saved'...sure hope my puter doesn't crash...I would be royally bummed! okay...back at it... Do Tick fans ever sleep?

A 1996 Tick catalog!

Oh man...on page 42 and I still haven't 'saved'...sure hope my puter doesn't crash...I would be royally bummed! okay...back at it... Do Tick fans ever sleep?

Wo..photoshop crashed but I only lost two shots...rescanned them...they were on pages 8 and 9 where it appears there is a missing page in the real...now that is bizarre!