• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

I wish Patrick Warburton would reprise his role as The Tick...that being said...any nominations for the big blue guy?

2i8caow.jpg

The guy who plays Hero man in this action heroes who live on a book shelf is named Travis Willingham, born 1981 and is 6'4 which is 2 inches taller than anyone else I can think of so far. I'm watching some of these episodes on youtube and pretty hilarious but a little bit on the adult side humor so kids beware.

More on Travis Willingham IMDB

He does the voices of (

) GROG, THOR, ONEIL, DAN MARSHALL, RELIUS CLOVER, JOHNNY, STROUD, CELL, ZHOU TAI, ISAAC FROST, VOLG, LON'QU & BRADY, ROY MUSTANG, JUL MDAMA, PAUL DEMARCO, REGGIE ROWE, HAMADA-YAMA, RYDER, TALON, LEGO, ETC. ETC.

xqi740.jpg

It looks like Partrick Warburton being left out was his choice due to a comedy he is already dedicated to. Amazon probably took too long to commit.

‘The Tick’ Gets Revived at Amazon, But There’s a Catch

In 2014, the word was that Amazon planned to resurrect The Tick with Edlund writing and producing (as he did on the original live-action show) and Warburton once again playing the Tick. The part involving Edlund is still true, and in fact he’ll be joined by executive producer Barry Josephson, who also worked on the earlier The Tick series. But Warburton is now tied up with his NBC comedy Crowded, and so his role will be recast. He will, however, serve as an executive producer on the Amazon pilot.

The Tick revival will still center on the Tick and Arthur, but surround them with a new set of characters. Here’s how Deadline describes the premise of the new series:

'In the new incarnation, the blue suit-wearing Tick is recovering from a memory loss. He ends up re-teaming with Arthur to fight evil. Newman’s Arthur, played in the Fox series by David Burke, had been labeled as a schizophrenic because of his statements that evil plans to rule the city, and no one believes him until he runs into Tick. Curry’s Dot Everest is a nurse who loves her brother Arthur to death and worries about him.'

I hope they can find someone just as funny, but also just as large to make the character that imposing yet goofy.

I've been reading a few of the small screen reporting sites covering the Tick reboot. Many are realizing Patrick Warburton being excluded only because of timing. But the biggest challenge is he has so ingrained himself in the role, anyone selected is going to be compared to Warburton.

That's a tough act to follow.

It looks like Partrick Warburton being left out was his choice due to a comedy he is already dedicated to. Amazon probably took too long to commit.

‘The Tick’ Gets Revived at Amazon, But There’s a Catch

In 2014, the word was that Amazon planned to resurrect The Tick with Edlund writing and producing (as he did on the original live-action show) and Warburton once again playing the Tick. The part involving Edlund is still true, and in fact he’ll be joined by executive producer Barry Josephson, who also worked on the earlier The Tick series. But Warburton is now tied up with his NBC comedy Crowded, and so his role will be recast. He will, however, serve as an executive producer on the Amazon pilot.

The Tick revival will still center on the Tick and Arthur, but surround them with a new set of characters. Here’s how Deadline describes the premise of the new series:

'In the new incarnation, the blue suit-wearing Tick is recovering from a memory loss. He ends up re-teaming with Arthur to fight evil. Newman’s Arthur, played in the Fox series by David Burke, had been labeled as a schizophrenic because of his statements that evil plans to rule the city, and no one believes him until he runs into Tick. Curry’s Dot Everest is a nurse who loves her brother Arthur to death and worries about him.'

I hope they can find someone just as funny, but also just as large to make the character that imposing yet goofy.

I've been reading a few of the small screen reporting sites covering the Tick reboot. Many are realizing Patrick Warburton being excluded only because of timing. But the biggest challenge is he has so ingrained himself in the role, anyone selected is going to be compared to Warburton.

That's a touch act to follow.

AGREED! How about that guy who was in the movie Guardians of the Galaxy?

You mean Dave Bautista?

Height-wise, he definitely would stand out (WWE says 6'5" tall), along with size (287 pounds). He's much bigger than Warburton.

Comedy-wise, he was funny in Guardians of the Galaxy as the straight man not picking up on everyone's jabs. And since they are going for a darker Tick story this time around, who knows. It could work.

You mean Dave Bautista?

Height-wise, he definitely would stand out (WWE says 6'5" tall), along with size (287 pounds). He's much bigger than Warburton.

Comedy-wise, he was funny in Guardians of the Galaxy as the straight man not picking up on everyone's jabs. And since they are going for a darker Tick story this time around, who knows. It could work.

Okay...now...does he have a square enough jaw to complete the roll?

I'm kind of hoping for an unknown actor to get the part now. Someone who can truly make it his own with little to no history in my mind of his other roles. I even feel that's more plausible than a "star" making an attempt to outdo Patrick. That can easily come off as forced when these situations occur with replacements.

I'm kind of hoping for an unknown actor to get the part now. Someone who can truly make it his own with little to no history in my mind of his other roles. I even feel that's more plausible than a "star" making an attempt to outdo Patrick. That can easily come off as forced when these situations occur with replacements.

Okay...How about Travis Willingham then? 6'4" 35 years old. Youngest of the bunch and he already does a bunch of voice overs for cartoon characters like Thor...and he looks like he can relate to the Comic Con crowds as well?

ajuw5j.jpg

Okay...How about Travis Willingham then? 6'4" 35 years old. Youngest of the bunch and he already does a bunch of voice overs for cartoon characters like Thor...and he looks like he can relate to the Comic Con crowds as well?

ajuw5j.jpg

hm