• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Tick Karma Tornado #6: Mr. Tick Goes to Washington

9k2fif.jpg

First published: October 1, 1994 Concept: Ben Edlund; -script: Clay Griffith; Artist: Alan Hopkins; Publisher: George Saurez; Editor: Bill Devine; Art Director: Bob Polio; Usual Gang: Staff. Tick and Arthur get political. The Tick finds himself in Washington DC and becomes the target of the politics of personal destruction.

Tick Karma Tornado #7: Night of the Living Tick

21m6880.jpg

Tick Karma Tornado#7: Night of the Living Tick Concept: Ben Edlund; -script: Terry Collins; Artist: Alan Hopkins; Publisher: George Saurez; Art Director: Bob Polio; Systems: Dave Snyder. The plot is Tick and Arthur investigate a ghost town, Tick and Arthur are summon by a mysterious phone call to go to the small town of Blood Creek where they are challanged to a marathon game of Monopoly by the creepy Count Reggie!

Tick Karma Tornado #8: C-SPANDEX

34qtr83.jpg

Concept: Ben Edlund; -script: Terry Collins; Penciller: Dave Garcia; Inker: Rick Ketcham; Publisher: George Saurez; Art Director: Bob Polio; Systems: Dave Snyder; Inker: Dave Garcia I notice that the publishing date for this one is actually before issue 7, which I find immensely confusing. Oh, well... The plot is Tick becomes a TV star. The Tick is contacted by C-Spandex (a superhero cable TV network) and tries convince him to think that he will be the most marketable property ever! Appearance from El Flamingo.

Tick Karma Tornado #9: The Tick's Life in a Day

2ltgj92.jpg

Concept: Ben Edlund; -script: L. C. Cheverett; Artist: Alan Hopkins; Publisher: George Saurez; Art Director: Bob Polio; Systems: Dave Snyder Tick Karma Tornado#8: The Tick's Life in a Day

I notice that the publishing date for this one is actually before issue 7, which I find immensely confusing. Oh, well... There doesnt seem to be a great amount of info on the plot of this one; though the Tick has to fight boredom.

Edited by vsndesigns

2010 PUBLISHED MAY 2010 BY NEW ENGLAND COMICS. THE TICK FREE COMIC BOOK DAY

4kivjb.jpg

NEW ENGLAND COMICS FIRST FREE COMIC BOOK DAY EDITION FROM 2010 REPRINTS THE TICK’S FIRST COMIC BOOK, AND TO COMMEMORATE THE FIRST APPEARANCE OF THE TICK 24 YEARS AGO, NEC PRESS OFFERS THIS SPECIAL RE-PRESENTATION OF BEN EDLUND'S LEGENDARY FIRST ISSUE OF THE TICK, IN A SPECIAL FREE COMIC BOOK DAY SPECIAL EDITION! HOWEVER, THE BOTTOM OF THIS COMIC SAYS “SMASH FIRST ISSUE” WHICH WAS ON THE BLACK ORIGINAL EDITION, WHILE THE WHITE EDITION SAID SPECIAL EDITION. THIS BOOK DEPICTS THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL FIRST COMIC BOOK APPEARANCE OF THE TICK, AS IT ORIGINALLY HIT THE STANDS IN 1986! BW 32PGS

THE TICK SDCC 2016 NEW HAT

2rhrxw6.jpg

BRAND NEW THE TICK HAT STRAIGHT FROM THE SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2016 MADE BY OTTO 19-557 ONE SIZE FITS MOST.  MADE IN CHINA.  JUST THE TICK LOGO IN FRONT OF THE CAP. DECENT ENOUGH BUT I LIKED THE ORIGINAL ONE BETTER, SIGN OF THE TIMES. I THINK THE 4 KIDS WALK INTO A BANK WATER PISTOL BY BLACK MASK JUST KICKS . NOT THAT ANYONE'S REALLY READING ANY OF THIS STUFF, HEHEHE STYLE HAT 19-557 REFERS TO COTTON TWILL LOW PROFILE PRO STYLE CAPS. 100% COTTON. STRUCTURED FIRM FRONT PANEL LOW-FITTING. 6-PANEL CAP. SEAMED FRONT PANEL WITH FULL BUCKRAM. Pro Stitch on Crown Matching Fabric Undervisor Matching Color Sweatband Matching Fabric Adjustable Hook and Loop Closure

Edited by vsndesigns

THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2016 POWDER BLUE AND WHITE CERAMIC COFFEE CUP WITH STIRRING SPOON

2ikemx.jpg

THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2016 WHITE AND BLUE CERAMIC COFFEE CUP WITH STIRRING SPOOOON! THE MATCHING CERAMIC SPOON EASILY SLIDES IN AND OUT OF ITS HOLE IN THE HANDLE. THE INSIDE OF THE MUG IS ALSO CERAMIC LIKE THE SPOON.

THE TICK REFRIGERATOR MAGNETS FROM THE SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2016

2gv0hlz.jpg

THE TICK REFRIGERATOR MAGNETS FROM THE SDCC 2016. WITH WORDS LIKE VILLAIN SPOON! KEEN! EVIL-DOERS BEWARE WICKED HARSH ARTHUR WICKED OH! SHINY! MIGHTY TAKE THAT I AM

BOSTON COMIC CON 2016 AUTOGRAPHED NUMBER 42 BY IAN NICHOLS AND TONY SEDANI ON AUGUST 12, 2016

igc0es.jpg

CCG SIGNATURE SERIES, THE TICK: 2016 EXCLUSIVE BOSTON COMIC CON EDITION NO.1 NEW ENGLAND COMICS, 9/16, SIGNED AND SKETCH BY IAN NICHOLS ON 8/12/16 & SIGNED BY TONY SEDANI ON 8/14/16. JEFF MCCLELLAND STORY, DUANE REDHEAD COVER & ART. CGC NUMBER 1368303001. 9.8 WHITES PAGES. THANKS TO EDWARD RODRIGUEZ FOR GETTING TO ME IN RECORD TIME! THIS IS NUMBER 42 OF THE LIMITED EDITION OF 260.

Great to see some graded ticks! Welcome to the addiction!
I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up to you guys but I'm gonna give it my boyscout try! :) ...funny...I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night and it was just as fun to watch the second or third time around!

p.s.

Go Dodgers!

Edited by vsndesigns

SDCC 2016 9.6 CGC SS AUTOGRAPH AND SKETCHES FROM BEN EDLUND AND GRIFFIN NEWMAN

oqlke1.jpg

THE TICK: SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE EDITION #NN NEW ENGLAND COMICS, 8/15, SIGNED & SKETCHED BY BEN EDLUND & GRIFFIN NEWMAN ON JULY 22, 2016. MANUFACTURED WITH "200" PRINTED ON COVER. CGC NUMBER 1405109016. JEFF MCCLELLAND STORY, DUANE REDHEAD ART & COVER, WHITE PAGES, THANKS KELLY FOR GETTING THIS FOR ME. DIG IT! NECPRESS.COM ON THE BACK COVER.

SDCC 2016 NO SERIAL NUMBER front and back

3538sb8.jpg

THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE SKETCH VARIANT MAGAZINE THIS IS NUMBER (LEFT BLANK) OF A LIMITED EDITION OF 260. NEW ENGLAND COMIC PRESS. DIG IT! NECPRESS.COM ON THE BACK COVER.

THE TICK SDCC SKETCH COVER NUMBER 83 AUTOGRAPHED BEN EDLUND

i43b78.jpg

2016 THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON COMIC MAGAZINE THIS IS NUMBER 083 OF A LIMITED EDITION OF 260. SKETCH WAS DONE BY BEN EDLUND FOR MY GOOD FRIEND BIG RICHIE WHO HAS A HEART OF PURE GOLD! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE WAIT!