• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

GRASPING EL SEED FROM THE TICK TOYS SERIES I EVIL DOERS 1994

2117viv.jpg

El Seed is a supervillain from the animated cartoon series The Tick. He is "the self-proclaimed liberator of the plant Elseed.

El Seed population". He is voiced by Ed Gilbert. El Seed is a walking humanoid sunflower who speaks with a faint Spanish accent and wears a lime-green bullfighter's suit. He hates all non-plant life-forms, particularly humans whom he usually refers to as "monkeys", and intends to eliminate them all so that plants may rule the world again. He never actually fights but creates various forms of plant monsters using chemical concoctions to do his dirty work. El Seed is served by two women called the Bee Twins; identical twins in bee costumes (with wings that let them fly) who speak in unison. This little guy stands at 6 inches tall. El Seed's name is a parody of the historical figure El Cid who was a Spanish knight in the crusades.

:takeit:

'El Seed'

lol

I love that!

Yup! So do I! I wonder if they'll make him a character in the new series. I certainly hope so.

THE TICK -script 2016 AMAZON PRIME MOVIES

THE%20TICK%20PAPER_zpsktive9us.jpg

I just copied and pasted the description from the ebay sale...cause I'm just a little worn...

ORIG THE TICK NYCC 2016 AMAZON 11x17 PROMO POSTER & ORIGINAL PILOT 2 AUDITION -script

Here are two true rarities for the Tick fan! A great 11x17 promo poster featuring the Amazon live action incarnation of The Tick looking out over the city he is sworn to protect. Poster is in perfect condition on heavy board and was only given out at New York Comic Con 2016 during the Amazon panel. Also included is an original (not a copy) of the five page audition -script used during a casting session for the TICK pilot! The five page -script (Titled “The Tick Superian Sides 2/3/16 Tick Pilot - 2”) was handed out to actors trying out for the part of SUPERIAN, a Superman style hero who is the focal point of the pilot episode (at least according to these -script pages – which may have changed at any point in the production). This would be the second live action series featuring the off beat “Spoon” shouting blue hero and is a somewhat darker take than the sitcom style show that appeared on Fox back in 2001. Lucky winner can see how closely the final product matches this draft. Two great prizes for the TICK fan and super hero TV ephemera collector!

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 San Diego Comic Con Limited Edition Print of Issue Number 4 of a series of 12. This one is number 24 of ONLY 50. Big Thanks goes out to Big Richie for getting me this all the way from San Diego California!

5fhk3s.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON NOVEMBER 1, 2016.

Just helping Vic pull together the current giveaway participants.

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 San Diego Comic Con Limited Edition Print of Issue Number 4 of a series of 12. This one is number 24 of ONLY 50. Big Thanks goes out to Big Richie for getting me this all the way from San Diego California!

5fhk3s.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

- Bosco685: 48

- srezvan: 24

- SkunkApe: 27

- porcupine48: 4

- kpaqu1: 40

- comicdey: 33

- MetalPSI: 39

- PeasOfCrap: 88

- wipple: 85

- mccollect: 67

- Azkaban: 7

- Bills Comics: 53

- fatlab123: 98

- toro: 66

- 01TheDude: 12

- Foley: 77

- W16227: 57

- DTM700: 68

- Player-1: 69

- JBrown: 45

5fhk3s.jpg

Thanks Bosco685! I compared my list with yours and they are identical. I have it in an excel spreadsheet that actually calculates which one is closest to the given number. Modern technology, gotta love it! Only 10 more days to the end of the contest!

1994 THE TICK SEWER URCHIN WITH SEWER SPRAY BACKPACK

33atrwn.jpg

Evil Doers Beware! The Tick has arrived to save The City. With the help of his sidekick Arthur and a host of other unique superheroes such as Sewer Urchin as shown above, The Tick is ready to vanquish fiendish villains and fight master criminals wherever evil rears its ugly head. Just fill up Sewer Urchin's backpack with water and put back onto his back and when ready, press the back pack to get a nice double blast stream to put out any Evil Doers! 1994 Bandai America Incorporated 12851 E. 166th Street, Cerritos, CA 90703.

5fhk3s.jpg

Thanks Bosco685! I compared my list with yours and they are identical. I have it in an excel spreadsheet that actually calculates which one is closest to the given number. Modern technology, gotta love it! Only 10 more days to the end of the contest!

GoTcuPv.gif

Steve Dillon, the British co-creator of the comic-book that inspired the AMC drama series “Preacher,” has died.

Dillon was 54 and died in New York City, according to a tweet posted Saturday by his brother, Glyn Dillon. No further details were immediately available.

Sad to confirm the death of Steve, my big brother and my hero. He passed away in the city he loved Dillon was a prolific comic-book artist who got his start as a teenager working for Marvel’s U.K.-based operation on “Hulk” and “Fury” comics. He co-created the “Preacher” series with Garth Ennis in 1995 for Vertigo. The comic series ended in October 2000 after 66 issues.

The comic was adapted by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg for a drama series that premiered earlier this year on AMC and has been renewed for a second season. Dillon was a co-exec producer with Ennis on the series.

“Steve Dillon was an enormously talented illustrator who, with Garth Ennis, created a cult classic comic we were so proud to bring to television with Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Sam Catlin and our partners at Sony. He will be missed,” AMC said in a statement on Saturday.

In addition to “Preacher,” Dillon was known for his work on such titles as “2000AD,” “Hellblazer,” and “Punisher.”

In the 1980s, Dillon got his start in Britain drawing for magazines including Warrior and Doctor Who Magazine, according to ComicBook.com. He also launched comic magazine Deadline with Brett Ewins in 1988, which continued for another seven years.

I bought this today at a yard sale for 10 bucks. It's 24" x 36" framed print of Nighthawks. The original painting by Edward Hopper was sold to the Art Institute of Chicago back in 1942 for $3,000.00 of which he received about $1971.00, where it still resides. I'm thinking about painting in The Tick as seen in Issue 1 of the Original Ben Edlund series, in realist style if I am capable of doing so in Giclee style...and if I ruin it...I'm just out of ten bucks...Wish me luck!

2uqn69v.jpg

Steve Dillon, the British co-creator of the comic-book that inspired the AMC drama series “Preacher,” has died.

Dillon was 54 and died in New York City, according to a tweet posted Saturday by his brother, Glyn Dillon. No further details were immediately available.

Sad to confirm the death of Steve, my big brother and my hero. He passed away in the city he loved Dillon was a prolific comic-book artist who got his start as a teenager working for Marvel’s U.K.-based operation on “Hulk” and “Fury” comics. He co-created the “Preacher” series with Garth Ennis in 1995 for Vertigo. The comic series ended in October 2000 after 66 issues.

The comic was adapted by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg for a drama series that premiered earlier this year on AMC and has been renewed for a second season. Dillon was a co-exec producer with Ennis on the series.

“Steve Dillon was an enormously talented illustrator who, with Garth Ennis, created a cult classic comic we were so proud to bring to television with Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Sam Catlin and our partners at Sony. He will be missed,” AMC said in a statement on Saturday.

In addition to “Preacher,” Dillon was known for his work on such titles as “2000AD,” “Hellblazer,” and “Punisher.”

In the 1980s, Dillon got his start in Britain drawing for magazines including Warrior and Doctor Who Magazine, according to ComicBook.com. He also launched comic magazine Deadline with Brett Ewins in 1988, which continued for another seven years.

54??!! Holy! That is so sad.

R.I.P.

:(

I'm thinking about making it look like this but more realistic...

5koa4w.jpg

You need Arthuer, Die Fladermaus and Sewer Urchin to make it really epic.

I'd LOVE to have a print like that

1995 THE TICK SERIES II SKIPPY THE PROPELLERIZED ROBOT DOG

smq5xu.jpg

SPINNING BLADE COLLAR ACTION. NICE BRAIN IN A BUBBLE DETAIL. OPENING AND CLOSING JAWS. SERIES II EVIL DOER. Spoon! The weird blue avenger, known only as the Tick, has arrived to save the City! With the help of his sidekick Arthur and a host of other superheroes, the Tick is ready to vanquish villains and fight master criminals wherever evil rears its ugly head! Bandai produced this line of 6 inch scale action figures based off Ben Edlunds comic and the hit Fox Network cartoon, the Tick! Collect them all, each sold separately.

Edited by vsndesigns

1997 AMERICAN MAID FROM THE ANIMATED TICK SERIES 2

242c3uv.jpg

1997 Bandai Series 2 The Tick Twist And Chop American Maid 6" action figure new in package. The Tick: The Animated Series introduced the mainstream world to a wonderfully wacky world filled with puns and absurd heroes. In reading the wikipedia page right now, I learned that The Tick was created as a comic store newsletter mascot in 1986. New England Comics, the store chain he was created for, soon began publishing The Tick in his own comics and a legend was born. A lot of the characters were parodies of popular Marvel and DC characters. American Maid was no exception and is considered a blended parody of Captain America and Wonder Woman. She was a reluctant ally of The Tick and initially preferred to fight crime alone -- with her weaponized high heels and tiara! Plus she loved disguising herself to infiltrate the bad guys. All-in-All, she was an amazing heroine. Bandai's representation of her is pretty much perfect, too. American Maid has a "Twist and Chop" action feature. Similar to a feature I've seen on old Super Powers figures, when you twist her at the waist, her right arm raises and lowers in a chopping motion.