• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

THE TICK CLASSIC 1998 WALL CLOCK SPINNING INTO SPACE MADE BY CHANEY INSTRUMENT COMPANY IN LAKE GENEVA, WISCONSIN, USA.

2eutxdy.jpg

THE TICK CLASSIC 1998 WALL CLOCK SPINNING INTO SPACE MADE BY CHANEY INSTRUMENT COMPANY IN LAKE GENEVA, WISCONSIN, USA. ONE OF THE NICEST TICK ITEMS YOU'LL EVER SEE! THIS 8-1/2" QUARTZ CLOCK IS ENCASED IN A DURABLE POLYSTYRENE RED CASE WITH CLEAR LENS. THE AMERICAN-MADE MOVEMENTS USE ONE "AA" BATTERY WHICH ORIGINALLY CAME INCLUDED. DURABLE HANDS INCLUDE SWEEP SECOND HAND, WHATEVER THAT MEANS, SINCE THE SECOND HAND ON THIS ONE HAS A FLYING ARTHUR THAT TICKS AROUND THE CLOCK. COMES IN A SPECIAL CORRUGATED BOX THAT HAS LONG BEEN GONE AND RECYCLED INTO MILK CARTONS MANY MANY MOOOOONS AGO! THIS MULTI-COLOR TICK GRAPHICS OCCUPY THE FULL DISPLAY, INCLUDING TISH-ISH NUMERALS. THEY PLANNED ON HAVING A TICK WALL CLOCK IN EVERY OFFICE AT THE GIANT NEC PRESS CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS (ALL TWO OF THEM!). ONE WAS THE ONE THAT SAID "THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR JUSTICE!"...AND THEN THERE IS THIS ONE...WHEREVER IT CAME FROM!

Gadzukes! A Tick Tie...oh well...Time to go to work...whew!...Have a great weekend to y'all and a big shout out to my friends who made it to the Long Beach Comic Con 2016 and a huge thanks to Richard Henn for getting me a really cool Tick item which I will be showing next week!

The Tick Tie and Friends by Aqua Shut for comfortable life

34dltt4.jpg

The Tick Tie by AquaShut for comfortable life. I personally like the look and feel of the The Tick tie the best out of the lot. I saw three of these ties on Ebay and they all have different Maker Labels on them from Park Land to AquaShut. I saw one label that said 100% Polyester Made in Korea. This is a nice men's tie featuring the superhero The Tick and his sidekick Arthur, the main characters from the classice 1990's Fox cartoon show The Tick. Measures 55" Long x 3.5" wide at the widest point.

24m6oaf.jpg

Many more, but a particularly nice sig on this one . . . :grin:

ifosIS.jpg

94gLBo.jpg

Those really are nice comics Divad! I especially like the autographed one from Ben Edlund from 25 years ago. That would have made him about 25 years old at the time? Pretty cool indeed!

THE TICK CLASSIC 1998 WALL CLOCK SPINNING INTO SPACE MADE BY CHANEY INSTRUMENT COMPANY IN LAKE GENEVA, WISCONSIN, USA.

2eutxdy.jpg

THE TICK CLASSIC 1998 WALL CLOCK SPINNING INTO SPACE MADE BY CHANEY INSTRUMENT COMPANY IN LAKE GENEVA, WISCONSIN, USA. ONE OF THE NICEST TICK ITEMS YOU'LL EVER SEE! THIS 8-1/2" QUARTZ CLOCK IS ENCASED IN A DURABLE POLYSTYRENE RED CASE WITH CLEAR LENS. THE AMERICAN-MADE MOVEMENTS USE ONE "AA" BATTERY WHICH ORIGINALLY CAME INCLUDED. DURABLE HANDS INCLUDE SWEEP SECOND HAND, WHATEVER THAT MEANS, SINCE THE SECOND HAND ON THIS ONE HAS A FLYING ARTHUR THAT TICKS AROUND THE CLOCK. COMES IN A SPECIAL CORRUGATED BOX THAT HAS LONG BEEN GONE AND RECYCLED INTO MILK CARTONS MANY MANY MOOOOONS AGO! THIS MULTI-COLOR TICK GRAPHICS OCCUPY THE FULL DISPLAY, INCLUDING TISH-ISH NUMERALS. THEY PLANNED ON HAVING A TICK WALL CLOCK IN EVERY OFFICE AT THE GIANT NEC PRESS CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS (ALL TWO OF THEM!). ONE WAS THE ONE THAT SAID "THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR JUSTICE!"...AND THEN THERE IS THIS ONE...WHEREVER IT CAME FROM!

I like this!

:cloud9:

Could he be traveling to NY?

Amazon Announces New York Comic Con Schedule

cx1oMyI.png

Amazon Video New York Comic Con Schedule

- Amazon Presents Panel

Featuring Sneaky Pete’s Giovanni Ribisi and Graham Yost; The Tick’s Ben Edlund and Barry Josephson; Gale Anne Hurd; plus surprise guests and a special sneak peek at Patriot

Moderated by Jamie Hector (Bosch)

Thursday, October 6, 1:30pm

Jacob K. Javits Convention Center room 1A06

- Amazon Presents Autograph Signing

Thursday, October 6, 4:30pm

Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Autographing Area Hall 1-B Table 21

Amazon Orders ‘The Tick,’ ‘I Love ,’ Jean-Claude Van Damme Comedies to Full Series

COURTESY OF AMAZON

SEPTEMBER 27, 2016 | 06:32AM PT

Amazon Studios announced that it has greenlit three comedies — Jill Soloway’s “I Love ,” “Jean-Claude Van Johnson” and its reboot of “The Tick” — as original series set to debut in 2017.

The half-hour series are “I Love ,” adapted by “Transparent” creator Soloway based on the feminist novel about a couple’s marital struggles in the artistic and academic community of Marfa, Texas; “Jean-Claude Van Johnson,” featuring martial-arts actor Jean-Claude Van Damme operating under an alias as the most dangerous undercover private contractor in the world; and “The Tick,” a revival of the offbeat superhero story based on the popular comic.

The new series orders come after Amazon released pilots of each show on Aug. 19; Amazon says it incorporates viewer feedback and ratings in deciding which TV shows to order as full series. “I Love ,” “The Tick” and “Jean-Claude Van Johnson” are slated to premiere exclusively on Amazon Prime Video next year in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Austria and Japan.

“These pilots were vast in scope, disruptive in tone, challenging in story and sometimes even funny,” said Joe Lewis, head of half-Hour series for Amazon Studios. “It’s rewarding to see customers embrace them in such a huge way. We can’t wait to premiere these series next year on Prime Video.”

:whee: