• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 San Diego Comic Con Limited Edition Print of Issue Number 4 of a series of 12. This one is number 24 of ONLY 50. Big Thanks goes out to Big Richie for getting me this all the way from San Diego California!

5fhk3s.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON NOVEMBER 1, 2016.

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 San Diego Comic Con Limited Edition Print of Issue Number 4 of a series of 12. This one is number 24 of ONLY 50. Big Thanks goes out to Big Richie for getting me this all the way from San Diego California!

5fhk3s.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

5fhk3s.jpg

Gerhard just sent me scans of the finished SDCC sketch covers from Ben Edlund. He tried to insert a little "Tick" humor into the Tick one. The Arthur one shows Arthur over "The City." Hope everyone likes the way they turned out.

tick_Gerhard_Edlund_2_zpselynnujn.jpg

> kc3hi.jpg

(worship)

Those are absolutely stunning. I'm just going to toss up an :takeit: just in case!

HA! I didn't even think about that...but while we're at it, I'll [VERY wishful thinking]...throw in my :takeit: too! ...in the meantime...I'll just salivate!

Thanks for the kind words and offers to take them off my hands, but they'll be going into the permanent collection. Maybe one day we'll get to see Ben and Gerhard work on an actual Tick story together. I think it would be awesome!

5fhk3s.jpg

Gerhard just sent me scans of the finished SDCC sketch covers from Ben Edlund. He tried to insert a little "Tick" humor into the Tick one. The Arthur one shows Arthur over "The City." Hope everyone likes the way they turned out.

> kc3hi.jpg

(worship)

Those are absolutely stunning. I'm just going to toss up an :takeit: just in case!

HA! I didn't even think about that...but while we're at it, I'll [VERY wishful thinking]...throw in my :takeit: too! ...in the meantime...I'll just salivate!

Thanks for the kind words and offers to take them off my hands, but they'll be going into the permanent collection. Maybe one day we'll get to see Ben and Gerhard work on an actual Tick story together. I think it would be awesome!

Kinda reminds me of a friend of mine who had this done awhile back ago...119z9s3.jpg. I knew I wouldn't be able to buy this one either but he did sell me his box of wind-up tick toys!

> kc3hi.jpg

(worship)

Kinda reminds me of a friend of mine who had this done awhile back ago...119z9s3.jpg. I knew I wouldn't be able to buy this one either but he did sell me his box of wind-up tick toys!

I think I know that guy. I see him in the mirror every morning.

> kc3hi.jpg

(worship)

I think I know that guy. I see him in the mirror every morning.

That's what I thought! Great job on this acquisition mah man! I think you might have met my friend Kelly at the SDCC? Anywho...here's to another piece that will always keep me humble!

1994 ARTHUR FROM THE TICK "FLUTTERING ARTHUR"

s3zq6w.jpg

1994 Fluttering Arthur Hero Good Doer from Fox Childrens Network and Bandai American. Approx 5.75 inches tall 1994 Fox Childrens Network, Ben Edlund, Bandai America, Irwin Toy Limited. This is from the Series #1 The Tick Action Figure line of toys. TICK BANDAI AMERICA INCORPORATED 12851 E. 166TH STREE, CERRITOS, CA 90703 TOY 1994. TM & @ 1994 FOX CHILDREN'S NETWORK, INC. "TICK" CHARACTER TM @ BEN EDLUND. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ACTUAL PRODUCT MAY VARY FROM PROTOTYPES SHOW IN PACKAGE PHOTOGRAPHS. CONFORMS TO SAFETY STANDARD ASTM F963-92 UPC 045557026011 AGES 4 AND UP. THE TICK. EVIL DOERS BEWARE! THE TICK HAS ARRIVED TO SAVE THE CITY, WITH THE HELP OF HIS SIDEKICK ARTHUR AND A HOST OF OTHER UNIQUE SUPERHEROES, THE TICK IS READY TO VANQUISH FIENDISH VILLAINS AND FIGHT MASTER CRIMINALS WHEREVER EVIL REARS ITS UGLY HEAD.

1994 SERIES 1 THE TICK ACTION FIGURES MAN-EATING COW

5v2amt.jpg

JAW OPENS TO REVEAL A HUMAN FOOT, RARE FIGURE. Man-Eating Cow was trained by Chairface Chippendale to eat people, and she was kept in a pit with other man-eating cows and alligators. She was the last cow standing (the others were eaten by the alligators) and escaped from the pit to become a Good Doer. Man-Eating Cow was created by Ben Edlund. Her first appearance was in issue number 7, The Moon Menace. Stronger and tougher than an ordinary cow. Able to eat humans with incredible speed, though she has never been seen to eat anyone but violent criminals. Cow first appeard in Chairface Chippendale's pit of alligators and man-eating cows. The Man-Eating Cow was the last cow left alive, the other cows had been eaten by the reptiles. She later made an appearance when The Tick and Arthur decide to journey to NYC. The Tick leaves The City in the capable "hands" of The Man-Eating Cow, as he considers her to have proven herself and to have a good fighing strategy. In addition to her appearances in The Tick comic, Man-Eating Cow has her own eponymous comic, and appeared in The Tick animated series (first appearance in the series: Season 1, Episode 13, "The Tick vs. Arthur's Bank Account," airdate Feb. 11, 1995). Bandai's series of action figures tied to the comic and cartoon produced a Man-Eating Cow figure in 1994. Reference to Apocalypse Cow in the Live Action TV Series may have referred to her.

5fhk3s.jpg

DINOSAUR NEIL SERIES 1 THE TICK TOYS SERIES GROWING DINOSAUR NEIL

2yycin5.jpg

1994 EVIL DOER GROWING DINOSAUR NEIL.. HEAD AND NECK EXTENDS, ARMS LEGS AND TAILS ROTATE. Dinosaur Neil is a character from the animated television series, The Tick. Voiced by Danny Mann, he is a near middle-aged man with a thick moustache who works at a dinosaur park, apparently as a mascot: he is always seen wearing a green dinosaur outfit. However, he is actually a paleontologist.

History

Neil made his debut in the episode, "The Tick vs. Dinosaur Neil". One unfortunate day, Neil accidentally ate one of his own dinosaur-cloning experiments (confusing it for the pasta salad he was eating at the time) which mutated his DNA and turned him in to a 70 foot dinosaur. Even in this form he still retained his thick moustache. The Tick was able to transform him back by dosing him with aspirin, and he subsequently befriended Dot, the sister of the Tick's sidekick, Arthur.

Neil reappeared in "The Tick vs. Dinosaur Neil and Dot's Wedding" where he and Arthur's sister, Dot, are getting married. However, a group of super villains who had previously battled The Tick and lost — Chairface Chippendale, the Breadmaster, and El Seed — planned to tamper with Neil's aspirin (which keeps him from growing) and take control of the giant Neil for their own evil purposes.

The wedding is crashed by El Seed's man-eating flower bouquet and Breadmaster's exploding wedding cake, and while The Tick and Arthur deal with these, Chairface sends the uniquely talented Indigestible Man to be swallowed up the rampaging Neil in order to plant a remote control device into his brain.

The Tick, Arthur, and Dot — following instructions left by Neil in the event that he should ever become an out of control dinosaur again — cover a submarine borrowed from Sewer Urchin in raw meat, and are swallowed by Neil as well, where The Tick has to defeat the Indigestible Man and remove the "swollen DNA" from Neil's brain that's the source of his mutations.

GRASPING EL SEED FROM THE TICK TOYS SERIES I EVIL DOERS 1994

2117viv.jpg

El Seed is a supervillain from the animated cartoon series The Tick. He is "the self-proclaimed liberator of the plant Elseed.

El Seed population". He is voiced by Ed Gilbert. El Seed is a walking humanoid sunflower who speaks with a faint Spanish accent and wears a lime-green bullfighter's suit. He hates all non-plant life-forms, particularly humans whom he usually refers to as "monkeys", and intends to eliminate them all so that plants may rule the world again. He never actually fights but creates various forms of plant monsters using chemical concoctions to do his dirty work. El Seed is served by two women called the Bee Twins; identical twins in bee costumes (with wings that let them fly) who speak in unison. This little guy stands at 6 inches tall. El Seed's name is a parody of the historical figure El Cid who was a Spanish knight in the crusades.

GRASPING EL SEED FROM THE TICK TOYS SERIES I EVIL DOERS 1994

2117viv.jpg

El Seed is a supervillain from the animated cartoon series The Tick. He is "the self-proclaimed liberator of the plant Elseed.

El Seed population". He is voiced by Ed Gilbert. El Seed is a walking humanoid sunflower who speaks with a faint Spanish accent and wears a lime-green bullfighter's suit. He hates all non-plant life-forms, particularly humans whom he usually refers to as "monkeys", and intends to eliminate them all so that plants may rule the world again. He never actually fights but creates various forms of plant monsters using chemical concoctions to do his dirty work. El Seed is served by two women called the Bee Twins; identical twins in bee costumes (with wings that let them fly) who speak in unison. This little guy stands at 6 inches tall. El Seed's name is a parody of the historical figure El Cid who was a Spanish knight in the crusades.

:takeit:

'El Seed'

lol

I love that!

5fhk3s.jpg