• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

THE TICK SDCC NUMBER 83 AUTOGRAPHED BY BEN EDLUND

2ijq6up.jpg

2016 THE TICK SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON MAGAZINE SERIAL NUMBER 083 (MATCHES THE 083 NUMBER OF MY SKETCH VARIANT SHOWN EARLIER) AND SPOON!

Edited by vsndesigns

THE TICK FROM THE SDCC 2015 NUMBER 63 QUALIFIED 9.8

jjkxgo.jpg

THE TICK FROM THE SDCC 2015 NUMBER 63 QUALIFIED 9.8

The Tick: 2015 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Comic Book (Sketch cover)

The Tick SDCC 2015 Exclusive (Sketch cover) comic is 16 pages with all original material and is in FULL COLOR. Includes a 13-page story & sketches (one by Ben Edlund). This book is LIMITED and is serial numbered. Available only at the NEC Tick booth. I had this one slabbed as a qualified grade since I wanted the 9.8 rating of the magazine not effected by the fact that the sketch and autograph was not CGC'd.

TICK 1 CGC 9.2 AUTOGRAPHED 2016 FRONT AND BACK

2r4pf9k.jpg

The Tick No. 1 Smash First Issue (1st Edition June 1988). The Tick was a comic book series created by Ben Edlund in 1988 and originally published in black-and-white by the New England Comics store in Boston, Massachusetts. The series provided modest beginnings for its title character, who would later feature in his own television programs and merchandise. The final plot in the comic was never concluded as Mr Edlund left New England Comics to work on the animated series. He has made it clear he never intends to produce the final, 13th issue. Issue 1[edit]

Special edition, stamped with a serial number from 1 to 5000, released March 1988. First edition released June 1988.

Ben Edlund, Writer & Artist; Bob Polio, Art Director; George Suarez, Editor & Publisher.

The Tick is in a padded room, confined by a straitjacket. He is bored and decides he will "leave this place." He ends up in the city on patrol against crime. During his patrol he accidentally encounters a group of ninjas interrogating Shing. The Tick, not realizing that he has encountered a crime in progress, leaves to fight crime, with ninjas, hotly, but artlessly, in pursuit. The Tick ends up in a coffee shop demonstrating to a citizen that he is a Tick by demonstrating his sucking ability through a straw. After losing consciousness, the Tick awakes in a subway tunnel, not realizing where he is. Clark Oppenheimer on a nearby train platform sees the Tick in the tunnel and springs into action to save the doomed citizen. The Tick resists being saved, thinking he is in the belly of a whale and Clark an enlarged enzyme, resulting in the two of them being struck by a train. After being disgorged from the tunnel, somewhat worse for wear, Clark runs off to his job at a local newspaper.

Clark Oppenheimer is a subtle but noticeable parody of Superman.

The full story of the Tick's escape from the asylum is revealed in The Tick: Luny Bin series.

The first panel of page 17 is a recreation of the Edward Hopper painting, Nighthawks. This painting appears many times in Tick comics and in the animated series.

Second edition released March 1989 with four extra pages of the Tick. Appearances from the NEC Newsletter. Third edition released Jun 1989. Fourth edition released December 1989. Fifth edition released April 1991. Sixth edition released January 1995. Seventh edition released April 1996. A Special Edition Reprise, with the same cover as the Special Edition with a second cover wrap and serially numbered 5001-14000, released April 1996. Eighth, 10th anniversary edition, released August 1996. Ninth edition, released March 1998.

Thanks to Kelly for this superb example of the Beginning of a Legacy!

^ If anyone were to complain about that being a green label, they'd be crazy to not think it was the real deal (thumbs u
Thanks MetalPSI, my feelings exactly! I do think it's a nice option for those who can't get a witness at the last moment but still wants to preserve their comic book this way.

Okay...that's it for now...well...except for...

16264xg.jpg

9tpzfb.jpg

hey...I think it makes a pretty nice souvenir...especially since New England Comics is approximately 2,983.2 miles away from where I live at...or 42 hours driving...or 3 days by transit...or 270 hours by bicycle...or 974 hours if I walked...okay...getting delirious over here...time to hit the sack! Good night CGC forum! Oh...I forgot, I got some really cool Tick stuff to match the comic books...really cool...zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

Here's the really cool stuff I was talking about. Last year New England Comics released the Number 1 and Number 2 Issues of these posters and this year they continued the trend by releasing Number 3 and 4.

jqrns7.jpg

The Tick Booth Exclusive Limited Edition Print Serial Numbered Cardstock Posters were limited to 50 each. This one is number 13 of 50 and was autographed by the creator of The Tick, Mr. Ben Edlund himself! He sketched a little picture of The Tick peaking over the poster top next to his name! Printed on the bottom of the poster is The Tick and 2016 Ben Edlund, The Tick Limited Print #3 in a series of 12 and the San Diego Comic Con International Exclusive Logo 2016 with the standard legalize regarding registered trademarks of San Diego Comic Convention...er...too small for me to see! Thanks goes out to Big Richie for helping to stir on this collection and this fabulous acquisition!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

My wife took photos of her opening the package for me (long story) and here they are! I'm excited to get home to see them in person. Thanks again!

I don't see any pictures of "her" . . . :baiting:

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

My wife took photos of her opening the package for me (long story) and here they are! I'm excited to get home to see them in person. Thanks again!

eYUGH24m.jpg cJqc0jwm.jpg TEqbv4Zm.jpg

doCkYe4m.jpg bPv0HMCm.jpg IPetG1Sm.jpg

:cloud9:

:applause:

I forgot that I had a tendency to over-wrap things! I hope your wife didn't get too frustrated with the multiple layers of cellophane around The Tick, I just wanted to make sure he got there through the weather! :0 Oh, since were nearing Halloween, your figure is the one in the upper left hand corner from figure realm... http://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=view&id=64574 Edited by vsndesigns

THE TICK LIMITED EDITION PRINT 4 IN A SERIES OF 12 VIRGIN WITH A NICK

mmegdv.jpg

The Tick Booth Exclusive Limited Edition Print Serial Numbered Cardstock Posters were limited to 50 each. This one is number 24 of 50 and left in its virgin state with a future opportunity to be autographed via the CGC process possibly? Printed on the bottom of the poster is The Tick and 2016 Ben Edlund, The Tick Limited Print #4 in a series of 12 and the San Diego Comic Con International Exclusive Logo 2016 with the standard legalize regarding registered trademarks of San Diego Comic Convention...er...too small for me to see! Thanks goes out to Big Richie for helping to stir on this collection and this fabulous acquisition!

THE TICK LIMITED EDITION PRINT NUMBER 4 IN A SERIES OF 12

1lstl.jpg

The Tick Booth Exclusive Limited Edition Print Serial Numbered Cardstock Posters were limited to 50 each. This one is number AP 4/10 of 50 and was autographed by the creator of The Tick, Mr. Ben Edlund himself! He sketched a little picture of The Tick peaking over the poster top next to his name! Printed on the bottom of the poster is The Tick and 2016 Ben Edlund, The Tick Limited Print #4 in a series of 12 and the San Diego Comic Con International Exclusive Logo 2016 with the standard legalize regarding registered trademarks of San Diego Comic Convention...er...too small for me to see! Thanks goes out to Big Richie for helping to stir on this collection and this fabulous acquisition!

Can anyone tell me what AP of "AP 4/10 of 50" means?