• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Just helping Vic pull together the current giveaway participants.

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 San Diego Comic Con Limited Edition Print of Issue Number 4 of a series of 12. This one is number 24 of ONLY 50. Big Thanks goes out to Big Richie for getting me this all the way from San Diego California!

5fhk3s.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON NOVEMBER 1, 2016.

- Bosco685: 48

- srezvan: 24

- SkunkApe: 27

- porcupine48: 4

- kpaqu1: 40

- comicdey: 33

- MetalPSI: 39

- PeasOfCrap: 88

- wipple: 85

- mccollect: 67

- Azkaban: 7

- Bills Comics: 53

- fatlab123: 98

- toro: 66

- 01TheDude: 12

- Foley: 77

- W16227: 57

- DTM700: 68

- Player-1: 69

- JBrown: 45

70 ... & thank you.

Thanks for playing. You missed one. MoonKT picked 57.

Hey it's Stan Lee! I worked my up to the stage from here.

2j0m742.jpg

Were you at Stan Lee’s LA Comic Con?

:o

Yup! Pretty awesome! Want a program? I grabbed a stack of them if anyone wants one, just say yup..or nope and I'll send one right away.

Thanks for the offer. No need for that.

There were some interesting items that came out of that from articles I read. But I especially like the Mike Colter discussions. He came across really genuine about his care for the Luke Cage character, and how he comes across.

Just helping Vic pull together the current giveaway participants.

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine 2016 San Diego Comic Con Limited Edition Print of Issue Number 4 of a series of 12. This one is number 24 of ONLY 50. Big Thanks goes out to Big Richie for getting me this all the way from San Diego California!

5fhk3s.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

- Bosco685: 48

- srezvan: 24

- SkunkApe: 27

- porcupine48: 4

- kpaqu1: 40

- comicdey: 33

- MetalPSI: 39

- PeasOfCrap: 88

- wipple: 85

- mccollect: 67

- Azkaban: 7

- Bills Comics: 53

- fatlab123: 98

- toro: 66

- 01TheDude: 12

- Foley: 77

- W16227: 57

- DTM700: 68

- Player-1: 69

- JBrown: 45

70 ... & thank you.

Thanks for playing. You missed one. MoonKT picked 57.

72....loved watching the show as a kid

Hey it's Stan Lee! I worked my up to the stage from here.

2j0m742.jpg

Were you at Stan Lee’s LA Comic Con?

:o

Yup! Pretty awesome! Want a program? I grabbed a stack of them if anyone wants one, just say yup..or nope and I'll send one right away.

Thanks for the offer. No need for that.

There were some interesting items that came out of that from articles I read. But I especially like the Mike Colter discussions. He came across really genuine about his care for the Luke Cage character, and how he comes across.

Here's some of the other guys on the panel. They just talked about a new project, comic book and story line that going to be happening in the future.99ozn4.jpg

5fhk3s.jpg

AND THE WINNER FOR THIS MONTHS FREE GIVEAWAY IS......

SREZVAN FOR THE LUCKY NUMBER IS 22.

CONGRATULATIONS SREZVAN! Please IM with the mailing address you would like for me to send your prize to.

5fhk3s.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS SREZVAN! Please IM with the mailing address you would like for me to send your prize to.

:banana:

I'm the best guesser in the world! Thank you!

Congrats srezvan and kudos Vic for doing another awesome giveaway! :applause:
Thanks IntoAnother! I'm going to be getting a couple new Tick items that are going to be really cool! I can't wait to share them! One's old..One's coming from Germany...and One's still in the process of getting graded...

5fhk3s.jpg

:banana:

I'm the best guesser in the world! Thank you!

:applause:

1995 THE TICK SEVEN MORE EXCITING ADVENTURES PAPER BACK BOOK BY CLAY GRIFFITH

xc13ex.jpg

1995 THE TICK SEVEN MORE EXCITING ADVENTURES PAPER BACK BOOK BY CLAY GRIFFITH. BASED ON CHARACTERS BY BEN EDLUND. A SKYLARK BOOK NEW YORK.

I saw an omnibus at a local hole in the wall bookkstore, is it worth getting from a "collector's" standpoint? Or should I be looking for original copies? of the first series? 2009 series?

Loved the show as a kid but I was like 10 or 12 and some of it kinda freaked me out lol the show annoyed my parents to no end

Any details that I should know about an omnibus? never got one before, as far as I know it is just a collection of comics in a series......probably not a complete run....right?

but if it is worth getting to read, which omnibus should I look for first? or does it matter, and I should just get this one and enjoy?

Any info is appreciated :hi:

I saw an omnibus at a local hole in the wall bookkstore, is it worth getting from a "collector's" standpoint? Or should I be looking for original copies? of the first series? 2009 series?

Loved the show as a kid but I was like 10 or 12 and some of it kinda freaked me out lol the show annoyed my parents to no end

Any details that I should know about an omnibus? never got one before, as far as I know it is just a collection of comics in a series......probably not a complete run....right?

but if it is worth getting to read, which omnibus should I look for first? or does it matter, and I should just get this one and enjoy?

I suggest reading "the Complete Edlund." It's the original story. Very funny. You can probably find a better price, but this is the book: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22324837

I suggest reading "the Complete Edlund." It's the original story. Very funny. You can probably find a better price, but this is the book: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22324837

Thanks I'll look into it :)

Thanks I'll look into it :)

I’ve asked that question myself. From a “Collector’s POV” Omnibuses have their own following in book collecting. But as a general rule…rarity, condition help to increase their monetary value. The Tick Omnibus 1st Editions are a good place to start, Out of print (OOP) or limited production runs are another. One such Omnibus is The Tick Omnibus – Sunday through Wednesday 1990 Gold Edition which had a limited run of 3,000 copies and included an original Head drawing and signature by Ben Edlund himself on the inside cover. Another one is the original The Tick Omnibus 1 1st Edition Yellow Cover (There are several yellow reprint covers out there…you are looking for the August 1990 which collects issues 1-6).

My personal feelings towards Omnibuses is that it’s a nice book to have just to binge read and to be enjoyed. I’m sure if left them in their pristine mint condition they would be worth more but I like to read in bed and I might on more than one occasion fall asleep and wake up with my book just a little bit more worn without worrying about it. Will these Omnibuses increase in value over their RRP? I’m sure of it, especially when you find people like me who are adamant about collection the whole series. I hope this helped a little and good luck in your journey.

OOP (OUT OF PRINT)

Mostly anything not found under NOT (OOP)

NOT (OOP)

http://www.necpress.com/Ticksearch.aspx?q=[COMPWORKS]

http://www.necpress.com/Ticksearch.aspx?q=[bOOKS]

THE TICK OMNIBUS – SUNDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY

1990 GOLD EDITION

DRAWING AND SIGNED BY BEN EDLUND ASIN: B000Q0SBAU 59.00

SIGNED AND NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION OUT OF 3000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tick-Omnibus-TPB-1990-1996-NEC-1S-1ST-FN-/361759480912?hash=item543a8b9c50

THE TICK OMNIBUS 1 – AUGUST 1990

ORIGINAL SERIES TRADE PAPERBACKS

· Tick Omnibus 1, August 1990, collects issues 1-6.

· Tick Omnibus 2, June 1992, collects issues 7-10.

· Tick Omnibus 3, "THVRSDAY AD INFINTVM," April 1996 collects issues 11-12.

· Tick Bonanza 1, August 1999, collects issues 1-3.

· Tick Bonanza 2, August 1999, collects issues 4-6.

· Tick Bonanza 3, August 1999, collects issues 7-9.

· Tick Bonanza 4, August 1999, collects issues 10-12.

The Tick Omnibus 1 & 2 have gone through several printings. In addition a 3000 copy limited edition of Tick Omnibus #1 was released at the same time as the original.

The Tick Omnibus 3 includes a special Tick gallery of drawings by Ben Edlund and a preview of the long-awaited issue 13.

This is my copy

208ctht.jpg:facepalm: