• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your most Prized Silver Age Comic?

146 posts in this topic

ditto...had a chance to pick up this 9.0 restored about 3 or 4 years ago for $2-grand... :tonofbricks: kicking myself is too light a punishment... :frustrated:

AMAZINGFANTASY15A90.jpg

nutkick.gif

Love both those books but you're gonna need to straighten that FF 57 out in it's bag before you show it again... :makepoint:

lol Yeah..I thought about that. But, you know what? Who cares? Fact is, it's a "turd copy" (low grade 4.0-ish). I've got an 8.0 copy that looks way better. But, I'd sell it long before I sold my posted copy.

I don't care what the scan looks like. Book is not for sale (unless someone makes a ridiculous offer...and that's not happening on an FF#57).

(shrug)

Love both those books but you're gonna need to straighten that FF 57 out in it's bag before you show it again... :makepoint:

lol Yeah..I thought about that. But, you know what? Who cares? Fact is, it's a "turd copy" (low grade 4.0-ish). I've got an 8.0 copy that looks way better. But, I'd sell it long before I sold my posted copy.

I don't care what the scan looks like. Book is not for sale (unless someone makes a ridiculous offer...and that's not happening on an FF#57).

(shrug)

You really need to straighten that book out, rescan and repost it. I had to wedge a pair of socks under one side of monitor to look at it. 57 has a great cover and great story. FFs of that era were as good as comics could get. :rulez:

I'll get right on that (ie: scanning my 4.0 copy of FF#57) :grin:

But, I do agree that it has a great cover/story.

I've said many times, I think it's the greatest single issue ever published. And it captures the spirit of the SA.

It's my favorite comic of all time. Great story, great art...It even has the single greatest page of all-time (please, no comments about the scan)

scan0001.jpg

These are not my most expensive comics, but they are some of my favorites.

As a kid, I started with 10 cent DC's. I loved the Justice League and this is the issue I started with.

scan0070.jpg

This was my first GL.......

scan0002-7.jpg

This is my most valuable GL.......

IMG_0517.jpg

I didn't own one as a kid, but I do now.....

scan0001-6.jpg

I love pre-hero......

scan0131-1.jpg

scan0131-2.jpg

I confess, I love Wonder Woman.....

scan0237-1.jpg

scan0056-1.jpg

scan0051-1.jpg

My first and only 9.9 submission......

IMG_1247.jpg

Nothing like a 9.8 white paged Mass copy to bring a smile.....

scan0113.jpg

My 2 all time favorite covers.....

scan0060.jpg

scan0058.jpg

I'll get right on that (ie: scanning my 4.0 copy of FF#57) :grin:

But, I do agree that it has a great cover/story.

I've said many times, I think it's the greatest single issue ever published. And it captures the spirit of the SA.

It's my favorite comic of all time. Great story, great art...It even has the single greatest page of all-time (please, no comments about the scan)

scan0001.jpg

You are correct Sir Chrisco in that is at least one of the greatest SA books of ALL time and one the greatest art/story pages of ALL time... :headbang:

but your freakin picture is still crooked!!! :baiting::makepoint::sumo::frustrated:doh!:boo::o:insane::tonofbricks:(tsk):pullhair:???

These are not my most expensive comics, but they are some of my favorites.

As a kid, I started with 10 cent DC's. I loved the Justice League and this is the issue I started with.

scan0070.jpg

This was my first GL.......

scan0002-7.jpg

This is my most valuable GL.......

IMG_0517.jpg

I didn't own one as a kid, but I do now.....

scan0001-6.jpg

I love pre-hero......

scan0131-1.jpg

scan0131-2.jpg

I confess, I love Wonder Woman.....

scan0237-1.jpg

scan0056-1.jpg

scan0051-1.jpg

My first and only 9.9 submission......

IMG_1247.jpg

Nothing like a 9.8 white paged Mass copy to bring a smile.....

scan0113.jpg

My 2 all time favorite covers.....

scan0060.jpg

scan0058.jpg

I covet your TTA 34 and your JIM 89... :frustrated:

Such a no brainer for me. Sids Luncheonette. Ive never seen a copy i liked better. :cloud9:

Sid_s_Marvels_TTA59a.jpg

Nice book, difficult to find in high grade. I have always wanted to get a Sids Luncheonette copy of something. I tried bidding on some but they always seem to command a hefty premium.

I've been mulling over what to post as my most "prized" SA comic. There are a number of ways to define "prized," so I think I'll cheat and post 4 books for four different definitions.

1) Most valuable SA book.

Showcase22.jpg

2) Most significant SA book (i.e. my most prized grail).

BB28.jpg

3) My sentifmental favorite. (Bought this as a kid. It was my favorite series and to obtain a first issue was a real thrill.)

Aquaman1.jpg

4. Best overall comic. This one features my favorite character (Adam Strange), two of my favorite artists (Infantino and Anderson), and an early crossover with the Justice League. And it's a fantastic story.

MIS75.jpg

I can tell you have a great appreciation for DC comics for their characters, stories, and art. BB28 is a great book which I'm still missing for my collection. :)

Got these awesome shelves from IKEA for my Wall of Fame

CIMG2831.jpg

I like the shelf display, acheivement awards, and all those nice gems! If you have lights pointing upwards, then it will prevent the comics from showing any signs of fading in the long run. :banana: