• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any products I can buy that will repair ''scratches'' on my CGC slabs?

39 posts in this topic

There's a company advertising on TV now that repairs chips in windshields before they crack. They use a special machine to inject special polymers into the chip and it almost looks brand new. Maybe they could start applying this technology to slabs as well. lol

There's a company advertising on TV now that repairs chips in windshields before they crack. They use a special machine to inject special polymers into the chip and it almost looks brand new.

I've had them repair a chip in my windshield...and it far from "almost invisible" after the treatment....

Jim

I've been frustrated with CGC's quality control lately. I bought a Superman #18 earlier this year. The case was scuffed up, so I sent it in for reholdering, and it came back in a brand new case that was also scuffed up. I sent in a raw Action #34 after the San Diego Con, and it came back in a scuffed-up holder. I brought the book to the Long Beach Convention a few weeks ago, brought it to the CGC booth and they offered to reholder it for free. I got it back this week, and the new holder is all scuffed up!

I don't remember having this problem in the past, but it seems to be common now.

I've been frustrated with CGC's quality control lately. I bought a Superman #18 earlier this year. The case was scuffed up, so I sent it in for reholdering, and it came back in a brand new case that was also scuffed up. I sent in a raw Action #34 after the San Diego Con, and it came back in a scuffed-up holder. I brought the book to the Long Beach Convention a few weeks ago, brought it to the CGC booth and they offered to reholder it for free. I got it back this week, and the new holder is all scuffed up!

I don't remember having this problem in the past, but it seems to be common now.

Wow. Now that is annoying. I wouldn't be very happy.

That would pizz me off as well...

Jim

250px-DrEvazan.jpg

He doesn't like you!

:o

What is the cause of the scuffing? The way they are packaged? Or do you think they were scuffed prior to packaging?

:o

What is the cause of the scuffing? The way they are packaged? Or do you think they were scuffed prior to packaging?

I think they were scuffed prior to packaging, perhaps even prior to encapsulation. I wouldn't be so annoyed by it, but I buy the book, not the label, and the scuffs make a nice book look dirty.

I clean up the cases before I sell them, just pick up one of those bottles of plastic polish for under $10.00. In the long run, its going to be more efficient to clean them yourself as I do not think the holders will ever be 100% clear.

Got some books in, there are scratches on some of the cases. :ohnoez: Any way I can get them out? (shrug)

I'd try pressing it. That seems to fix everything else.