• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why does walking dead#1 go for a good amount of coin?

147 posts in this topic

Just judging on the comic books success, it does have the potential to be a huge hit that withstands the test of time. Cerebus, The Crow, we can all agree these are comics that share a good amount of loyal fans despite being outside the traditional capes and spandex genre. If we are judging a comic books success based on how much non-comic book merchandise can infiltrate the market, then no, walking dead has absolutely no chance of ever being on the level TMNT is. I don't think that has anything to do with the comic though. I don't even think the mirage TMNT comic has much to do with the cartoons and toys we grew up on. A great comic book that fans will love for decades does not need TV shows or action figures or bedsheets or breakfast cereals

:gossip: I'd still take some WD bedsheets...

Just judging on the comic books success, it does have the potential to be a huge hit that withstands the test of time. Cerebus, The Crow, we can all agree these are comics that share a good amount of loyal fans despite being outside the traditional capes and spandex genre. If we are judging a comic books success based on how much non-comic book merchandise can infiltrate the market, then no, walking dead has absolutely no chance of ever being on the level TMNT is. I don't think that has anything to do with the comic though. I don't even think the mirage TMNT comic has much to do with the cartoons and toys we grew up on. A great comic book that fans will love for decades does not need TV shows or action figures or bedsheets or breakfast cereals

:gossip: I'd still take some WD bedsheets...

I want the Breakfest Cereal :gossip: Brains....BRAINS....

Rick's stump marshmallows. Yum.

:cloud9: MMMM....you can eat them with the Michonne replica Gov'na Spoon!!! (FREE IN EVERY BOX!!)

Part of WD's future (and present) value Kirkman. He has become a major writer in comics and this and Invincible are his early breakout work. Low print runs help too.

The show will help, but I even without it I think this one is bound to be a classsic. I picked up a 9.6 as soon as I could find one and it took awhile to find.

Deep Discount had a sale of Walking Dead books a few weeks back. it was buy one get one free. the sale was suppose to last till October 31 but it ended on October 10 as all the Walking Dead books were sold out. also thier top ten best sellers were all Walking Dead. Deep Discount is not known as a comics store but dvds.So it surprised me that thier 10 biggest sellers were all Walking Dead books. There is something special going on with the Walking Dead.I think its just going to get hotter once the show airs on Amc.

I laugh....

Every single issue of Walking Dead has had a lower print run than every single pre-Unity Valiant, and yet, you don't see Walking Dead #32 sell for $80, like Rai #4 used to, or $100 like Solar #10, or even $25 like Harbinger #7.

If there's EVER a comics renaissance similar to the one we experienced in the early 90's, you won't be able to touch ANYTHING printed from about 1997 to now for less than ten times what it costs right now.

But oh, that's such a gigantic if.....

:cloud9:

If there's EVER a comics renaissance similar to the one we experienced in the early 90's, you won't be able to touch ANYTHING printed from about 1997 to now for less than ten times what it costs right now.

Yep, that's about the biggest "if" ever.

I laugh....

Every single issue of Walking Dead has had a lower print run than every single pre-Unity Valiant, and yet, you don't see Walking Dead #32 sell for $80, like Rai #4 used to, or $100 like Solar #10, or even $25 like Harbinger #7.

:cloud9:

Generally, I don't pay attention to print runs of books, but this is a very interesting point.

I laugh....

The only thing laugh-worthy is the wicked retahded prices people were paying for Valiants. And I don't really understand how comparing the sales becomes a point of derision in Valiant's favor.

"Haha! People used to pay $80 for this Valiant book!"

"And how much do they pay now?"

"Well, um, *cough*..."

30 Days #1 if you can get it in 9.8.

I would go with Walking Dead.

Though 30 Days #1 is tougher to get in high grade, the series relevance just continues to drop.

To me, it all depends on how long Kirkman stays at WD. But with the series coming up, I see him staying on it for a very long time. It could easily turn into a Cerebus or Bone type of cult.

Personally, Hartnett in the movie was a negative draw for this series. If they had casted someone else, I might feel differently.

Pat

Walking Dead #1 vs. 20 Days of Night #1. Definitely Walking Dead #1.

What's going to change in the basic economics of "Supply & Demand"? They aren't making more so the supply isn't going to change, so we have to look at demand.

30 days has already hit its peak. They got buzz, they had a movie. I really don't see that book getting a ton of new fans searching for it. Walking Dead on the other hand continues to gain readership. It has more potential to gain momentum in the future.