• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World L.A.

263 posts in this topic

Is that everyone's favorite pick?

My beef with the Yard House is that it's REALLY F'ING LOUD!!! If our purpose is to meet visually and converse, we'll be competing with loud music, sports on TV and a room that's built like a barn, acoustically.

Yikes! I always eat at Tequila Jacks, next door to the House, so I had no idea about their environment ...good to know I will need to suck down a couple of aspirins before the meal to help dull the pain from all the noise.

As far as the time of the dinner is concerned, can I assume that we will be eating after 7 PM, because that is when the con shuts down for the day, and I plan on spending as much time as I can on the convention floor (being my first major con, I want to put in as much time on the floor/attending panels as I can squeeze in during the weekend).

Anyway, we are a little over a month away from the date of the convention, so I am sure plans will firm up soon.

Have A Great Week

Christopher H

news.gifAlright so according to deathlok's list this is the roll call so far:

Forumites:

Lockjaw

Rickdogg

Gman

Timely

deathlok

FIComicFan

Kevthemev

CGC staff:

Sborock

Plitch

Mark Haspel?

Anyone else plan on joining us for dinner? MikeS? Bonds25? Joanna? joecgcmaniac? Discountcomics? Cicamen? JLA_all_the_way? The guys from California have no excuse not to attend grin.gif I plan on making reservations at the Yard House since they have the best selection of alcohol once we get an idea of how many people plan on attending. gossip.gif I will of course add a few more people to our reservations just in case we need the room for unexpected guests such as Bryce from Ideal etc.

news.gifAlright so according to deathlok's list this is the roll call so far:

Forumites:

Lockjaw

Rickdogg

Gman

Timely

deathlok

FIComicFan

Kevthemev

CGC staff:

Sborock

Plitch

Mark Haspel?

Anyone else plan on joining us for dinner? MikeS? Bonds25? Joanna? joecgcmaniac? Discountcomics? Cicamen? JLA_all_the_way? The guys from California have no excuse not to attend grin.gif I plan on making reservations at the Yard House since they have the best selection of alcohol once we get an idea of how many people plan on attending. gossip.gif

No excuse for attending? Well, you see that weekend I'm supposed to be at a.... oh never mind - I'll plan on being there - sign me up! smile.gif