• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DO YOU THINK THIS IS A SCAM?

19 posts in this topic

I won this auction on Ebay last week. Seller has not shipped yet. I paid on 10/26 through Paypal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170395822661&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Today I saw he was selling (see listing below) one of the books that was in my auction. I don't know if he just used the the same image for a second copy he has or if he is running a scam.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Comic-books-old-and-new-other-collectables_W0QQitemZ170398995022QQihZ007QQcategoryZ35770QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D2%26ps%3D63

What do you think of this?

Charlie

26/10???....give him chance....might just be new to it. scams usually run inoto $100's if not $1,000's of dollars. woldn't be worth all his time setting up accounts etc to scam a $3.00 book. i think your good. (thumbs u

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't going to do anything yet. I just think it was kind of wierd to see him selling what appears to be a book he sold to me last week.

26/10???....give him chance....might just be new to it. scams usually run inoto $100's if not $1,000's of dollars. woldn't be worth all his time setting up accounts etc to scam a $3.00 book. i think your good. (thumbs u

True enough, but I also ran into a low fb seller last month who posted a number of low-value books. He seems to have mailed a couple of them to winners and then evaporated. I filed a PayPal claim on him for $11. I think sometimes these are not so much scams as sellers who expected to make decent money, found their auctions closed much lower than they wanted, and decided to skip the step of actually mailing out the books. This case is a little different. But it ain't a good sign if he is reusing scans.

Hey.....you used Tupenneys dreaded (thumbs u graemlin. Better watch out.... he's goin :insane: over it

look at the question on the second auction. looks like you bought a random comic from a collection of over 7 thousand.

Q: how many comics are there?

A: about 7500 ALL will eventually be listed on e-bay as I learn a little more of how to list them. If you have a favorite just ask. All are well taken care of and in fine shape. Thank you for inquiring.

i would definitely send the seller a message and double check that you are buying what you thought you were buying.

He never states in the auction what books you are going to recieve. I think he tossed in the pictures just as a sample of what kind of books you would recieve condition wise. Thats my take anyway. How do you even know how many books you are getting?

I don't know now. I thought I was bidding on those 4 books. If you rule them out then I may have bought nothing and paid nearly $7 to ship it.

look at the question on the second auction. looks like you bought a random comic from a collection of over 7 thousand.

Q: how many comics are there?

A: about 7500 ALL will eventually be listed on e-bay as I learn a little more of how to list them. If you have a favorite just ask. All are well taken care of and in fine shape. Thank you for inquiring.

i would definitely send the seller a message and double check that you are buying what you thought you were buying.

I am sending him an e-mail.

I agree with the others here, I've been waiting about 2 weeks on a $2.50 sale (low grade Flash Annual #1), I'm assuming it's a low priority for the guy and will give another week before emailing for an update. Some of the sellers are awesome, even on low price sales but some just don't seem to be in much of a hurry and even less when they're disappointed with the final selling price...