• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting things other then comics.

891 posts in this topic

Those don't seem to be in French :shrug: :baiting:

Love Jules Verne :applause:

lol

I like the US firsts better than the French Herzel editions---more gilt. :cloud9:

The gilt era books are awesome collectibles and look great on bookshelves, no matter whether the author or title is notable! Great books! (thumbs u

Love the Action Team Mate's! I had the Steelers version as a kid, who I (of course) turned into Bradshaw...

I have a few collecting interests outside of comics - classic movie posters being one. I picked this up earlier in the year in this condition, still waiting on a particular restorer to free up, so he can work on this, gonna take some talent to piece it back together nicely. It has already had a little work done prior to this disaster, so at least it wasn't pristine prior to this.. The lesson here is, never try to fold a paperbacked Insert, nothing good will come from that...

full.jpg

I used to collect autographs of celebs,sports figures and political,I sold most of them.I have kept a few,the wife is a big Gone with the Wind fan Vivian Leigh.

vivianleigh2.jpg

My mother got this signature back in 1975,maybe you might know who he is?

sandiegocomiccon2011301.jpg

I used to collect autographs of celebs,sports figures and political,I sold most of them.

My mother got this signature back in 1975,maybe you might know who he is?

sandiegocomiccon2011301.jpg

Capt. Marvel Jr. He is awesome.

Thought I should ask here instead of starting a new thread...

I'm redecorating my 1 room apartment, and part of my personality and likes is the love for vintage stuff, WWII, 40's-60's, comics, pulps, pin-up, jazz, horror movies (hammer), classic sci-fi, that's some of the stuff I enjoy...

I'll be having some more questions has time goes on, but I thought I should start by buying some cool stuff to hang on the walls. Do you guys have any reprints or originals of stuff I might like (based on those topics above)?

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks in advance guys. ;)

Nothing like a bunch of cool old movie posters,framed.With some cool original movie memorabilia to fill in the gaps.Framed comic art,with some old superhero toys strategically located around the house. (thumbs u

Thought I should ask here instead of starting a new thread...

I'm redecorating my 1 room apartment, and part of my personality and likes is the love for vintage stuff, WWII, 40's-60's, comics, pulps, pin-up, jazz, horror movies (hammer), classic sci-fi, that's some of the stuff I enjoy...

I'll be having some more questions has time goes on, but I thought I should start by buying some cool stuff to hang on the walls. Do you guys have any reprints or originals of stuff I might like (based on those topics above)?

Any ideas or tips?

Thanks in advance guys. ;)

I love the idea of movie posters. We used three different types in three different rooms for our house. Classic movie posters, cast-signed posters, and painted re-creations of classic posters done on canvas.

The painted re-creations were very impressive. I am sure you may be able to find some from your favorite movies. They were shipped rolled, so shipping costs were reasonable.

Here are two of mine:

th_BrideofFrankenstein.jpg th_FrankensteinmeetstheWolfMan.jpg