• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting things other then comics.

891 posts in this topic

Star Wars and Toy Spiders.

My studio a few years ago. It's actually gotten worse.

Little off topic, but I took a look at your website and I really like your work. Very nice stuff man.

I collect a little of everything...whatever I see I want to have just a taste of...

modern baseball cards

CCGs

Games of all sorts

corgi tanks

vintage DnD modules (still piecing together A1-5 and the Giant series)

vintage post cards (mostly of Santa's Village or Hawaii)

vintage sci-fi paperbacks and pocket books (Van Vogt, PKDick, etc.)

books on the Occult (especially witchcraft, demonology, Atlantis/MU/Thule and The Holy Grail)

comic-related items (platinum stuff mostly, but some Buck Rogers)

blaster.jpg

I collect a little of everything...whatever I see I want to have just a taste of...

modern baseball cards

CCGs

Games of all sorts

corgi tanks

books on the Occult (especially witchcraft, demonology, Atlantis/MU/Thule and The Holy Grail)

blaster.jpg

now that is badass

modern baseball cards

CCGs

Games of all sorts

corgi tanks

blaster.jpg

Very nice! Got any pictures of your Corgi's?

Postcards of my hometown, Barrington, Illinois. Barrington is quite old for the midwest (founded in the late 1850s), and the downtown area hasn't really changed since about 1925. I have about 75 of them, would be happy to scan some for people if they're interested.

I, too, like to collect old postcards of my hometown, Acton, Ontario.

RPJubilee.jpg

This is a photograph of the Queen Victoria Jubilee Parade that took place on June 18th, 1897. The town is celebrating Queen Victoria's sixtieth year on the throne. It's a wonderful card. It shows the parade being lead by the Citizen's Band and followed by all the school children of Acton. It's a real photocard by local photographer, A.T. Brown. Posted September 1905. A tribute to Brown's skills as a photographer.

I really enjoy collecting postcards as well. Besides early 20th historic ocean liners such as the Titanic (Lusitania, Olympic, etc), I collect PCs related to the assassinations of Presidents Lincoln and Kennedy, and disasters. Yes, very uplifting subjects!!! lol

I also have a very large collection of PCs related to my University. I have identified over 250, which is an amazing number of cards. So many that, in fact, I co-published a book on the topic last year.

Revised-Cover.jpg

syroco1.jpg

Who's that to the right of the Little King?

That's Archie from the G. McMannus's strip "Rosie's Beau." It preceded Bringing Up Father (the strip with Maggie and Jiggs--also syroco statues). He, Tim Tyler, and Barney Google were all in uniform because the series of statues was released in 1944 and many of the characters were portrayed serving their country as WW2 blazed on.

Made a mistake. This set wasn't manufactured by Syroco. The name of the company was Multi Products.

Been working on these King Features Syroco statues from 1941 for a long time now. Got interested in the Famous Americans syrocos and Pinochio syroco plaques along the way as well.

syroco1.jpg

syroco2.jpg

syroco3.jpg

This is my modest Yellow Submarine shrine. Not a huge Beatles memorabilia collector, but always liked these bust banks of the boys. . .they were actually tougher to complete than I thought they'd be. It's a bit tough to judge the scale, but that's a Let It Be 44 picture sleeve behind Paul's shoulder. They are each about 9 inches tall.

yellow_sub.jpg

syroco1.jpg

Who's that to the right of the Little King?

That's Archie from the G. McMannus's strip "Rosie's Beau." It preceded Bringing Up Father (the strip with Maggie and Jiggs--also syroco statues). He, Tim Tyler, and Barney Google were all in uniform because the series of statues was released in 1944 and many of the characters were portrayed serving their country as WW2 blazed on.

Thank you Sir. (thumbs u

I knew of the Rosie's Beau strip but have never read it. Didn't know of Archie. I will say I am surprised at its reflected popularity, having been included in this series of figurines.

Btw, Barney Google in the military is about the only way I can enjoy / appreciate that strip :blush:

To start with, I'm not a huge comic collector. I only buy BA Batman books, although I do buy the collected editions of the more modern stuff for reading purposes only. Other than that, I'm not a real heavy collector in any particular hobby. In addition to Bats books, I also collect vintage baseball, football, and hockey cards, but nothing extensive. Here's raw '68 Topps Hockey set for example (although I did get the Orr card graded by PSA).

2.jpg

I also have a small collection of 1911s and Ruger .22s as well.

stable_full_left1_sm.jpg

108284.jpg

ruger_family.jpg

I do have other activities and hobbies, but they don't really involve collecting at all. And believe it or not, all this is secondary to whatever time I can scrape together outside of work for my family.