• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNE to flood eBay with 13,000 slabs?

490 posts in this topic

So, what kind of stuff are we talking about? 90 drek, bronze, silver...??

13,000 implies drek if you ask me; otherwise they would be doing some major pre-selling on this stuff

Could be that we don't really care if we sell anything too, as an explanation to the lack of promotion.

Frankly, I don't think there is much point in selling most any material that is 9.8...I've learned in the past 20 years that there is never any point to selling anything in true investments grades. For the most part...it just gets more expensive.

If only I kept it all.

The majority of it is from the 80's and 90's...all mainstream marvels, some dc's.

Much of the material is not that pricy....but it will be one day as people begin to realize just how tough it is to get 9.8's on many things pre-CGC.

Hopefully, they'll put all the modern drek in the correct category. Every time they have a massive CGC listing on ebay, they always put the modern drek in the silver-age category. I would have to go through an extra 20 or so pages of their modern drek just see the other people's CGC'd silver-age books.

It is a bit annoying. Didn't SNE adress this issue in another thread?

Hopefully, they'll put all the modern drek in the correct category. Every time they have a massive CGC listing on ebay, they always put the modern drek in the silver-age category. I would have to go through an extra 20 or so pages of their modern drek just see the other people's CGC'd silver-age books.

Yes....

Really? I must of missed that thread. lol

The majority of it is from the 80's and 90's...all mainstream marvels, some dc's.

Much of the material is not that pricy....but it will be one day as people begin to realize just how tough it is to get 9.8's on many things pre-CGC.

lol ... sorry... lol

lol ... sorry... lol

Ok, it wasn't just me as I had to re-read that and make sure, but now I am sure.

SNE stop smoking the crack. doh!

That 90's stuff is junk and common.

lol ... sorry... lol

Ok, it wasn't just me as I had to re-read that and make sure, but now I am sure.

I used to say that very same thing about the 70's and early 80's...recall that I basically gave Doug Shmell about everything that was published after 1970 with both the Winnepeg's and the Golden States.

Turned out the joke was on me.

History tends to repeat itself, not everyone is on the same learning curve. Takes time and experience.

lol ... sorry... lol

I used to say that very same thing about the 70's and early 80's...recall that I basically gave Doug Shmell about everything that was published after 1970 with both the Winnepeg's and the Golden States.

History tends to repeat itself, not everyone is on the same learning curve. Takes time and experience.

Most of the late 70's and everything from the 80's is common in 9.8.

Please don't be filling collectors heads with this pre-CGC stuff.

Come on bro.

lol ... sorry... lol

Come on bro.

I didn't know you had started chasing your straight vodka with Hater-Ade.

lol ... sorry... lol

I'm taking copius amounts of notes as you post. Please continue.

lol ... sorry... lol

Come on bro.

Well you never know. He may be right.

lol ... sorry... lol

Come on bro.

You're not on the same learning curve. It takes a lot of time to understand the complex machinations of a market like this one.

lol ... sorry... lol

Come on bro.

Well you never know. He may be right.

I will put it this way soon it will not even be cost effective unless you get CGC 9.9/10.0 on TMc Spider-man and Jim Lee X-men from the 90's in CGC 9.8.

Most of them barely sell for $20.00 anymore. Books like X-men #266 have been pricing dropping every year in 9.6/9.8.

Mostly all the books from the 1977-1999 have been trending downward by as much as 50% even from last year.

Which actually makes sense and is good.

Prime Example.....all the DD Frank Millers and John Byrne X-men.

lol ... sorry... lol

Come on bro.

You're not on the same learning curve. It takes a lot of time to understand the complex machinations of a market like this one.

lol You almost had me for a second, Andrew.

I will put it this way soon it will not even be cost effective unless you get CGC 9.9/10.0 on TMc Spider-man and Jim Lee X-men from the 90's in CGC 9.8.

They barely sell for $20.00 anymore.

Mostly all books from the 1977-1999 have been trending downward by as much as 50% even from last year.

Prime Example..... all the DD Frank Millers and John Byrne X-men.

That is true. As I don't buy those I do check on them to see how much they sell for & I have noticed the prices droping.

They barely sell for $20.00 anymore.

Mostly all books from the 1977-1999 have been trending downward by as much as 50% even from last year.

Prime Example..... all the DD Frank Millers and John Byrne X-men.

That is true. As I don't buy those I do check on them to see how much they sell for & I have noticed the prices droping.

I just sold two nice JB X-men books to my friend in CGC 9.8, and he only paid like half of what I would have sold them for 1-2 year ago.

It not a bad thing its just the correct pricing for books that are not too difficult to find in HG.

It's a good thing. (thumbs u