• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNE to flood eBay with 13,000 slabs?

490 posts in this topic

So, what kind of stuff are we talking about? 90 drek, bronze, silver...??

13,000 implies drek if you ask me; otherwise they would be doing some major pre-selling on this stuff

Could be that we don't really care if we sell anything too, as an explanation to the lack of promotion.

Frankly, I don't think there is much point in selling most any material that is 9.8...I've learned in the past 20 years that there is never any point to selling anything in true investments grades. For the most part...it just gets more expensive.

If only I kept it all.

The majority of it is from the 80's and 90's...all mainstream marvels, some dc's.

Much of the material is not that pricy....but it will be one day as people begin to realize just how tough it is to get 9.8's on many things pre-CGC.

You don't care if you don't sell anything? Now here I was, thinking you were a real business, with a real business model and you go and say that. I've never heard a business owner say they didn't care if they didn't sell anything. Shucks, you might as well just close up shop and become a collector...

And 9.8 from 1980 forward is common as dirt. Most just hasn't been slabbed (yet...)

I will put it this way soon it will not even be cost effective unless you get CGC 9.9/10.0 on TMc Spider-man and Jim Lee X-men from the 90's in CGC 9.8.

They barely sell for $20.00 anymore.

Mostly all books from the 1977-1999 have been trending downward by as much as 50% even from last year.

Which actually makes sense and is good.

Prime Example..... all the DD Frank Millers and John Byrne X-men.

That is true. As I don't buy those I do check on them to see how much they sell for & I have noticed the prices droping.

I just sold two nice JB X-men books to my friend in CGC 9.8, and he only paid like half of what I would have sold them for 1-2 year ago.

It not a bad thing its just the correct pricing for books that are not too difficult to find in HG.

It's a good thing. (thumbs u

Oh I agree, Martha Stewert. :grin:

I will put it this way soon it will not even be cost effective unless you get CGC 9.9/10.0 on TMc Spider-man and Jim Lee X-men from the 90's in CGC 9.8.

Mostly all books from the 1977-1999 have been trending downward by as much as 50% even from last year.

That is true. As I don't buy those I do check on them to see how much they sell for & I have noticed the prices droping.

I just sold two nice JB X-men books to my friend in CGC 9.8, and he only paid like half of what I would have sold them for 1-2 year ago.

It not a bad thing its just the correct pricing for books that are not too difficult to find in HG.

:banana:

:banana:

Your not my friend anymore, stupid Yankees.

:cry:

Talk about a waste of money slabbing those 80's and 90's books.
If there SWAMP THINGS, GREEN LANTERN'S, New Mutants, Dead-pool & FLASH comics in 9.8 I wouldent call it a ''waste'' (especialy sense I'm looking for those)

I remember when I was first starting out (circa late 80's)...the guys who had been around at that time thought I was insane for thinking 60's marvels would ever really be worth anything.

They thought I was insane at the time.

I thought they were smoking crack. (I know I just heard that recently...now if only I could remember where??????)

I repeated the same mistake these old timers made with respect to the 70's. And, I was actually dumb enough to put my money where my mouth was, and I gave them away (basically).

I figure that at some point even a dumb and stupid person like me has to learn that seeing this mistake made twice in my career should be enough to avoid making it again.

A lot of these 80's and 90's books are relatively inexpensive in 9.8. The average price of the 13,000 books is around $65.00, with most being about 50 bucks.

Personally, I think they are kind of neat....I don't ever seem to get tired of the artwork. Some one who wants to put together runs of Amazing spiderman and FF from 200 on, and X men from 143 on can do so inexpensively, and in a reasonable period of time, and not break the bank.

Whether you agree or not...this fills a need for many collectors.

Whether or not they have the same investment potential as early marvels is debatable, at best....history is the only mechanism that will allow that judgement.

The only thing I can bet on for sure, however, is that someone will have the last laugh.

Personally, I think they are kind of neat....I don't ever seem to get tired of the artwork. Some one who wants to put together runs of Amazing spiderman and FF from 200 on, and X men from 143 on can do so inexpensively, and in a reasonable period of time, and not break the bank.

HERE,HERE! :golfclap:

Man, I wish these were independents... What I wouldn't give for 9.8s in Fist of God 1-4... or Solo eX-Mutants... or Fringe (Caliber)... or Mister X... or Gore Shriek... or Walking Dead (Apple)... or... well, you get the point...

I remember when I was first starting out (circa late 80's)...the guys who had been around at that time thought I was insane for thinking 60's marvels would ever really be worth anything.

I thought they were smoking crack. (I know I just heard that recently...now if only I could remember where??????)

I repeated the same mistake these old timers made with respect to the 70's. And, I was actually dumb enough to put my money where my mouth was, and I gave them away (basically).

I figure that at some point even a dumb and stupid person like me has to learn that seeing this mistake made twice in my career should be enough to avoid making it again.

A lot of these 80's and 90's books are relatively inexpensive in 9.8. The average price of the 13,000 books is around $65.00, with most being about 50 bucks.

Whether or not they have the same investment potential as early marvels is debatable, at best....history is the only mechanism that will allow that judgement.

The only thing I can bet on for sure, however, is that someone will have the last laugh.

Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing the last couple of Sandman's I need to fill my set (thumbs u

Collectors I would never agrue against buyng anything someone likes for them to enjoy. (thumbs u

As far as most of them over time being worth money it's just obvious they will continue to go downward and alot of them will windup being worth almost a $1.00 once the CGC fees are considered.

Checking the CGC cesnus and just basic comic marketplace knowledge will give anyone the basic knowledge of what is happening and will continue to happen to common 80/90's books even keys now and in the future.

You will see $19.99 as a lucky ending price on most of them at NR reserve auction and the rest will just sit at higher prices.

Collectors I would never agrue against buyng anything someone likes for them to enjoy. (thumbs u

As far as most of them over time being worth money it's just obvious they will continue to go downward and alot of them will windup being worth almost a $1.00 once the CGC fees are considered.

Checking the CGC cesnus and just basic comic marketplace knowledge will give anyone the basic knowledge of what is happening and will continue to happen to common 80/90's books even keys now and in the future.

You will see $19.99 as a lucky ending price on most of them.

So your saying I ''COULD'' get a 9.8 MIRACLEMAN #23 & #24 for $20.00? hm

Most...

1980's/1990's do have some good books. :shy:

Example most of the Uncanny X-men from 143-current in 9.8 sells for barely over $20.00, and even the ones that do not like #212 have come down like 60%.

I grew up on these books and I not being negative.

Just trying to keep it in prespective. ;)

I'll be watching the X-Men books. (thumbs u

I agree...I think long term it will be healthy for SA and BA because new collectors/speculators and current Copper and Moderns collectors/speculators will slowly drift to those earlier decades because if its about making money for most people. It is pointless to throw money at books that one can't even recoup the cost of slabbing...forget about "profit".