• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

OK, I'll bite. At what point does a comic book price become ridiculous?

$50

$500

$5000

$50000

$500000

$5000000

Anbody?

I'm sure that somebody paying $1000 for a modern (and there are lots of them for sale in the selling forum) is no different than someone paying $10,000 for a modern.

It's all ridiculous to society.

$50

$500

$5000

$50000

$500000

$5000000

Anbody?

I'm sure that somebody paying $1000 for a modern (and there are lots of them for sale in the selling forum) is no different than someone paying $10,000 for a modern.

When you pay more that the printed cover price... :insane:

I know this has been discussed in the Pedigree Comics auction thread, but, seriously, this atrocity sale deserves to be pilloried highlighted in its own thread for posterity:

New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 Sells for $12,250

I don't know whether to :roflmao: or :cry: because the little bit of faith in humanity I had left has been ripped to shreds. :eek:

That's more than I just sold my Batman #1 for.

$50

$500

$5000

$50000

$500000

$5000000

Anbody?

That is my question as well. There is definately a strong demand for the book and a definate scarcity for that grade. I don't really see a difference between someone spending that much money on a comic if it provides some type of utility to them

If this is how the buyer chose to spend his money so be it. I would much rather congratulate the seller, a fellow forum member who has been discussing the sale of this book in the copper forum. than bashing the existence of the book.

I would much rather congratulate the seller, a fellow forum member who has been discussing the sale of this book in the copper forum. than bashing the existence of the book.

...or worse, bashing the buyer.

(thumbs u

I know this has been discussed in the Pedigree Comics auction thread, but, seriously, this atrocity sale deserves to be pilloried highlighted in its own thread for posterity:

I don't know whether to :roflmao: or :cry: because the little bit of faith in humanity I had left has been ripped to shreds. :eek:

You should've bought the art to NM#98 instead of the Joe #21. :P

lol

I don't know why so many people ridicule this sale. I'm sure there are plenty of things that this group of people have bought, that others would get a side-grabbing laugh out of. While I would not pay $12,250 for this book, I am glad to see it sell strong. I would much rather see the book sell for $12,250, than to see it go for $50. If it went cheap, than everyone would be saying "DOOM is upon us".

blasphemy!

I don't know why so many people ridicule this sale. I'm sure there are plenty of things that this group of people have bought, that others would get a side-grabbing laugh out of. While I would not pay $12,250 for this book, I am glad to see it sell strong. I would much rather see the book sell for $12,250, than to see it go for $50. If it went cheap, than everyone would be saying "DOOM is upon us".

There are those among us who would take the 12.5K hammer as being a sign that "DOOM is among us".

tiny bubbles.

Yes, I wouldn't have paid it, but if someone wants to throw down that many clams for it, hey go for it.

That's what makes this country great, we can all waste our money however we choose.

:headbang: