• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

And this bears little relation to the "record prices" discussion currently raging hard in this thread....

Someone pays $300K+ for a 6.5 copy of Action #1...

"OMG, what a CUH-RAZY price!!"

Except, of course, that it has 50 year of precedent of continual demand and price increases supporting that figure.

Same with most of the other books, even the GL #76.

This sale has no precedent. The highest selling 9.8U before this didn't sell for 1/30th the price of the 9.9.

And the odds of another 9.9 showing up are pretty good.

It's totally and utterly out of perspective. It is, to me, the most extreme example of "buying the label, not the book" as I have ever seen.

I knew you'd drag your tail in here at some point if the words "logic" and "discussion" were thrown around at some point.

:applause:

I see a hellalot of on here

"hellalot of"...?

;)

sorry, "hell of a lot of"

come down here, and I'll make you some sweet tea and fried eggplant to go with that winky.

Goodness.

You sure do know how to make a boy blush...

:blush:

You'll have a hard time finding a post from me from deriding anyone's buying habits.

My post has nothing to do with the comics. Everyone can spend whatever they want on whatever they want. I remain convinced that if the thread had been about baby-eating pumas plaguing the American midwest, somewhere in the thread would be post from you about the importance of pumas in the circle of life.

OMG. That is as funny as hell. :roflmao:

I have 8 9.8s on the census. Probably 2-3 of those could fairly have been 9.9s. Did they get them? No, but if they had, this copy wouldn't have sold for $12K.

Maybe you should start resubbing them, over and over and over. hm

I have 8 9.8s on the census. Probably 2-3 of those could fairly have been 9.9s. Did they get them? No, but if they had, this copy wouldn't have sold for $12K.

Maybe you should start resubbing them, over and over and over. hm

I know, right? Cause I'm "owed" a 9.9 by now....

lol

Cripes!

If Chuck gets wind of this, I bet his head will explode before he can get to his website and raise his prices fast enough.

Especially when he has to calculate his "discount" price!!

:roflmao:

You'll have a hard time finding a post from me from deriding anyone's buying habits.

My post has nothing to do with the comics. Everyone can spend whatever they want on whatever they want. I remain convinced that if the thread had been about baby-eating pumas plaguing the American midwest, somewhere in the thread would be post from you about the importance of pumas in the circle of life.

OMG. That is as funny as hell. :roflmao:

I agree, it made me chuckle.

lol