• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Impossibles

358 posts in this topic

How about celebrities like Ben Affleck, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Halle Berry or Jessica Alba? Are there any SS books out there signed by them?

They aren't impossible. It is just a matter of timing. Celebrities go to movie premiers, film festivals, ect. When they go if you are there close with a marker they will sign.

I got Jeff Bridges on 2 comics for SS at a movie premier. I Got Charlize Theron on a magazine at the AFI Film Festival for SS. Natasha Henstridge in the green room at SDCC on 4 comics for SS.

These are just some examples. Celebrities are rather easy if you get near them.

But we can add Samuel L. Jackson to the list. He turned me down flat twice. Even had his security push me out of the way.

I'll take a natasha.

How about celebrities like Ben Affleck, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Halle Berry or Jessica Alba? Are there any SS books out there signed by them?

They aren't impossible. It is just a matter of timing. Celebrities go to movie premiers, film festivals, ect. When they go if you are there close with a marker they will sign.

I got Jeff Bridges on 2 comics for SS at a movie premier. I Got Charlize Theron on a magazine at the AFI Film Festival for SS. Natasha Henstridge in the green room at SDCC on 4 comics for SS.

But we can add Samuel L. Jackson to the list. He turned me down flat twice. Even had his security push me out of the way.

If the standard is they're "rather easy if you get near them," then you might as well cross George Lucas and Harrison Ford off the list. I don't think either of them has told you to your face that they would not sign a book, and they make plenty of public appearances. I still say that until someone gets them to sign something, they're impossible. :makepoint:

Hugh Jackman is a recent example of somebody coming off the impossible list because two people were able to get him to sign one item each, but most would still say that he's no easier to get now than he was before.

I just got two more books signed by Hugh Jackman last week. :acclaim:

I want a don mattingly sports illustrated signed. Next grail since I got gillian anderson now.

I'll take a natasha.

I have a nice 9.8 Species # 3 with Natasha's Sig on it. It is the only one I have available. Only 4 comics got signed by her. One Belongs to chandler one belongs to joel, one belongs to me and it is endorsed to me so I am not tempted to sell it.

Although it has been offered to someone else. I have to wait for them to say no.

Maybe I am wrong but I would rather have a Nolan Ryan Sports Illustrated signed. I should work on that. He lives in Texas and does signings regularly.

you are wrong...

Don Mattingly :sumo:

okay so Jeff Jones is the easiest one on the list, waiting for someone with time to take on a real challenge...who is next?

Kondravy?

Danny?

Rich?

The Toronto International Film Festival is a great place to meet celebs. But really, Jason did all the work, I just hung out across the street.

I have some friends who are autograph hounds and they have something going on most nights... I went down and met one of them a few weeks ago and he helped me get two Spider-Man: The Short Halloweens signed by Seth Meyers from SNL.

And I'm so glad you were around. (worship)

Ahh, if my laziness didn't take over, I would have been there for the Seth Meyers one as well. Living in the 'burbs kinda sucks somethings.

Maybe I am wrong but I would rather have a Nolan Ryan Sports Illustrated signed. I should work on that. He lives in Texas and does signings regularly.

you are wrong...

okay so Jeff Jones is the easiest one on the list, waiting for someone with time to take on a real challenge...who is next?

Kondravy?

Danny?

Rich?

Well I may be wrong But I know Nolan Ryan used to sell out stadiums when he pitched. I know because I went to see him when I was a kid. Did Don Mattingly sell out stadiums.

I may have picked the easiest one. But it is my thread so I can do what I want.

I will start a 'community' Impossibles thread shortly...that way you can add Ignatz Yuckballs or whatever his name is that did the coloring on the Marvel Masterpiece cards back in 1992 to your Impossibles List...

:makepoint:

you are wrong...

Kondravy?

Danny?

Rich?

Well I may be wrong But I know Nolan Ryan used to sell out stadiums when he pitched. I know because I went to see him when I was a kid. Did Don Mattingly sell out stadiums.

The Hitman was a staple of the Yankees and the Captain for 10 years. If not for back problems that shortened his career, he would be in the hall of fame and probably would have had the 4 WS rings from 96-00. I think he's the greatest yankee of my lifetime.

you are wrong...

Kondravy?

Danny?

Rich?

The Hitman was a staple of the Yankees and the Captain for 10 years. If not for back problems that shortened his career, he would be in the hall of fame and probably would have had the 4 WS rings from 96-00. I think he's the greatest yankee of my lifetime.

Amen to that! :golfclap:

I will start a 'community' Impossibles thread shortly...that way you can add Ignatz Yuckballs or whatever his name is that did the coloring on the Marvel Masterpiece cards back in 1992 to your Impossibles List...

:makepoint:

His Name is Yancey Labat and He drew the cards and the covers. He was not a colorist but an actual artist. Just because you don't know who he is or like him don't bash him.

I am sure if you sold art for him you would hype him and his stuff.

I am not mad just stating the obvious.

I'm not feeling the love for Derek Jeter. I'm not even a Yankees fan, but I have a hard time coming up with a guy that has been a career Yankee in the last few decades that has meant more to the organization.

Getting him might be more of a challenge than Mattingly. I'm pretty sure that Mattingly makes the rounds at sports memorabilia shows. I don't think the same can be said for Jeter.

I'm not feeling the love for Derek Jeter. I'm not even a Yankees fan, but I have a hard time coming up with a guy that has been a career Yankee in the last few decades that has meant more to the organization.

Getting him might be more of a challenge than Mattingly. I'm pretty sure that Mattingly makes the rounds at sports memorabilia shows. I don't think the same can be said for Jeter.

I dont know if Donnie Baseball does many shows? He is the hitting coach for the Dodgers now and was in line to take over as Manager for the Yankees, but Girardi fell into that spot...