• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

Thanks to one of the great forum sellers, my Copper Age dreams are coming true.

DHP1_96.jpg

Wow! Very tough to get in high-grade. I bought these direct from the distributor back in 1986 and got to cherry-pick from the case. Even then, couldn't come up with many "mint" copies. So congrats!

The Second is just a mindblower. This book is so tough in grade, with super flimsy stock on the cover making the all black show every flaw. I did two of these and thought they were going to both end up 9.4. I was wrong . . . <3 Signed by Michael Gilbert, as it contains the 1st appearance of Mr. Monster, even though it is not on the label.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-62.jpg

The Second is just a mindblower. This book is so tough in grade, with super flimsy stock on the cover making the all black show every flaw. I did two of these and thought they were going to both end up 9.4. I was wrong . . . <3 Signed by Michael Gilbert, as it contains the 1st appearance of Mr. Monster, even though it is not on the label.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You've been looking for this in 9.8 for like 37 years!

I am an SS ninja. And it has only been 25 years. :preach:

And for the next 25 years you'll be looking for a scanner :baiting:

Now if you could just find the Dark Horse series in 9.8....

:popcorn:

I wonder who might have 9.8 potential copies.....? hm

You don't have any DHP 1s in 9.8, charlatan. I'm trying to figure out how many DHPs are going to be enough. The thought of going after the whole run is :fear:

OK, I officially have Turtle envy... (thanks Archon Turtle and TMNT! :ohnoez: )

also I am interested in DHP. although i dont plan on collecting them slabbed, I would like to collect the whole run just to read!

Can anyone compile a list featuring all the DHP Keys/ 1st appearances? I have been looking for that info for a while and could never find it in one place.

You don't have any DHP 1s in 9.8, charlatan. I'm trying to figure out how many DHPs are going to be enough. The thought of going after the whole run is :fear:

I do not have a DHP #1 in 9.8, this is true. Nor do I have a #14.

But I was talking aout the DHP Mr. Monster run... (thumbs u

also I am interested in DHP. although i dont plan on collecting them slabbed, I would like to collect the whole run just to read!

Can anyone compile a list featuring all the DHP Keys/ 1st appearances? I have been looking for that info for a while and could never find it in one place.

DHP #1 - 1st DH comic, 1st Concrete

DHP #10 -First "Masque"

DHP #24 - Aliens

DHP #34-36 - Aliens, Predator, Aliens v. Predator

DHP #51-62 Sin City, Next Men (#54-57)

DHP #88-91 - Hellboy

DHP #141 - Buffy

DHP #157 - Goon

Fifth Anniversary Special - 1st Sin City

But that depends on what you consider "keys"...none of these books sells for much of a premium, unless it's a 9.8.

DHP #10 -First "Masque"

DHP #24 - Aliens

DHP #88-91 - Hellboy

DHP #141 - Buffy

DHP #157 - Goon

But that depends on what you consider "keys"...none of these books sells for much of a premium, unless it's a 9.8.

Why are the DHP books so hard to find in CGC 9.8?

I don't think anthology books weren't looked at as collectibles back then, probably a lot of people that bought them didn't even bother bagging them. I know I bagged all my X-Men comics but didn't splurge on bags for comics like Groo The Wanderer until decades later. I wasn't reading DHP back then though.

DHP #10 -First "Masque"

DHP #24 - Aliens

DHP #88-91 - Hellboy

DHP #141 - Buffy

DHP #157 - Goon

Because they were printed on garbage, cheapo paper.

DHP #10 -First "Masque"

DHP #24 - Aliens

DHP #88-91 - Hellboy

DHP #141 - Buffy

DHP #157 - Goon

Because they were printed on garbage, cheapo paper.

That sucks :cry:

Way to go Sean!

Just before I submitted my two copies a week ago, I checked the registry and saw a 9.8 SS listed. I knew it was you immediately!

:applause:

And you are not kidding about that paper. The copy I received from Wayne was gorgeous, and then somtime during bagging and boarding mine picked up a spine stress line that wasn't there before. It broke my heart to see that happen. And it wasn't even mishandled.