• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

OK, I officially have Turtle envy... (thanks Archon Turtle and TMNT! :ohnoez: )

also I am interested in DHP. although i dont plan on collecting them slabbed, I would like to collect the whole run just to read!

Can anyone compile a list featuring all the DHP Keys/ 1st appearances? I have been looking for that info for a while and could never find it in one place.

DHP #1 - 1st DH comic, 1st Concrete

DHP #10 -First "Masque"

DHP #24 - Aliens

DHP #34-36 - Aliens, Predator, Aliens v. Predator

DHP #51-62 Sin City, Next Men (#54-57)

DHP #88-91 - Hellboy

DHP #141 - Buffy

DHP #157 - Goon

Fifth Anniversary Special - 1st Sin City

But that depends on what you consider "keys"...none of these books sells for much of a premium, unless it's a 9.8.

Why are the DHP books so hard to find in CGC 9.8?

Because they were printed on garbage, cheapo paper.

That sucks :cry:

Significantly smaller print runs than the average superhero book of the late 80s/early 90s might also be a factor.

Now if you could just find the Dark Horse series in 9.8....

:popcorn:

I wonder who might have 9.8 potential copies.....? hm

You don't have any DHP 1s in 9.8, charlatan. I'm trying to figure out how many DHPs are going to be enough. The thought of going after the whole run is :fear:

I do not have a DHP #1 in 9.8, this is true. Nor do I have a #14.

But I was talking aout the DHP Mr. Monster run... (thumbs u

MR. MONSTER ROCKS!!!! :headbang:

The Second is just a mindblower. This book is so tough in grade, with super flimsy stock on the cover making the all black show every flaw. I did two of these and thought they were going to both end up 9.4. I was wrong . . . <3 Signed by Michael Gilbert, as it contains the 1st appearance of Mr. Monster, even though it is not on the label.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-62.jpg

Way to go Sean!

Just before I submitted my two copies a week ago, I checked the registry and saw a 9.8 SS listed. I knew it was you immediately!

:applause:

And you are not kidding about that paper. The copy I received from Wayne was gorgeous, and then somtime during bagging and boarding mine picked up a spine stress line that wasn't there before. It broke my heart to see that happen. And it wasn't even mishandled.

Thanks, buddy! Sorry about the bagging/boarding mishap. I still have not recovered from a tape pull that I gave to a gorgeous Subby 34 25 years ago . . .

Next up for some Copper SS love, 2 more mahnke Homicide DHPs and a 'Nam #1 fo Michael Golden. :cloud9: Remember when American Comics had the ads for Nam #1 at $5 a piece the same time they hit the stands . . .

'Nam #1 fo Michael Golden. :cloud9: Remember when American Comics had the ads for Nam #1 at $5 a piece the same time they hit the stands . . .

I remember. Yours will look like this, but with a signature. lol

Someone sent this as a gift for buying from them. When I took it out of the box, I was shocked as the the PM before delivery read, "It's not much, but I appreciate your purchases."

93500.jpg.b239fc7bc22e1e76fc496f0a0029230d.jpg

'Nam #1 fo Michael Golden. :cloud9: Remember when American Comics had the ads for Nam #1 at $5 a piece the same time they hit the stands . . .

Someone sent this as a gift for buying from them. When I took it out of the box, I was shocked as the the PM before delivery read, "It's not much, but I appreciate your purchases."

I've got a copy of that #1 and I can't find it! Too many books.:cry:

I've got a copy of that #1 and I can't find it! Too many books.:cry:

:gossip: You sent it to me.

:o

My favorite copper title. I could never wait until the next issue came out!

I submitted my original copy that I paid $40 for back in 1988 and it came back an 8.0 :(

I just had to upgrade lol Now if I can just find the 1981 #1. Someone just out bid me last week for a 9.2 :pullhair:

FlamingCarrot196.jpg

My favorite copper title. I could never wait until the next issue came out!

I submitted my original copy that I paid $40 for back in 1988 and it came back an 8.0 :(

I just had to upgrade lol Now if I can just find the 1981 #1. Someone just out bid me last week for a 9.2 :pullhair:

FlamingCarrot196.jpg

ugh. These are so hard to find in decent shape. ALL the Flaming Carrots up to about #20 are.

Although right on the cusp of the Bronze Age-to-Copper Age transition, IMHO I believe this book laid the groundwork for the early 80s independent boom.

Now my search is over to have two copies, one for each son. And thanks to one of my favorite board members who contributed one of the two.

FQ1_98s.jpg

Although right on the cusp of the Bronze Age-to-Copper Age transition, IMHO I believe this book laid the groundwork for the early 80s independent boom.

Now my search is over to have two copies, one for each son. And thanks to one of my favorite board members who contributed one of the two.

FQ1_98s.jpg

Your a real COOL dad! lol