• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

Although right on the cusp of the Bronze Age-to-Copper Age transition, IMHO I believe this book laid the groundwork for the early 80s independent boom.

Now my search is over to have two copies, one for each son. And thanks to one of my favorite board members who contributed one of the two.

FQ1_98s.jpg

Love those copies, Nick! I have an old label 9.6 that I am going to bust out if I can track down the Pinis this year. Maybe get an old to new label bump . . .

Love those copies, Nick! I have an old label 9.6 that I am going to bust out if I can track down the Pinis this year. Maybe get an old to new label bump . . .

Thanks, Sean.

And great luck with the grade bump and the signing. I look forward to seeing that book.

Thanks, Sean.

And great luck with the grade bump and the signing. I look forward to seeing that book.

BTW,

Although it worked well in this case as both are OW-W pages, be ready for the "Dad loves you more because you got the White Pages copy argument," whenthey are about 10 years old. :grin:

'Nam #1 fo Michael Golden. :cloud9: Remember when American Comics had the ads for Nam #1 at $5 a piece the same time they hit the stands . . .

I remember. Yours will look like this, but with a signature. lol

Someone sent this as a gift for buying from them. When I took it out of the box, I was shocked as the the PM before delivery read, "It's not much, but I appreciate your purchases."

Seeing this brings back memories. I read this series voraciously when I was a kid. It was always at the top of my stack when it came out, and I tended to reread all the previous issues before reading the new one. Great series. Your pic makes me want to go reread the series and pick up the first few in glorious 9.8. (thumbs u