• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedrock's Book du Jour (or so)

452 posts in this topic

To sum up, I priced the book based solely on the fact that that is the price at which I will part with it.

The fact that it is up for sale at all at ANY price is amazing.

I would NEVER sell it...if it was my copy.

West

:sumo:Look Bubba....."West" , do you even own any Timely's? :sumo:

Hey Mr. B do you have a #36 or #40 in The Funnies?

Unfortunately not. If I run across either I will definitely let you know (thumbs u

How about the what's left list again after all this verbiage.

Still Available

Brick Bradford #7 9.0 Off-White pages $175

Catholic Comics #7 cgc8.0 Cream Off-White pages $125 SOLD

The Funnies #50 6.0 Off-White to White pages $175

The Funnies #56 5.0 Tan to Cream pages $100

Funny Pages v3#7 1.5 Cream-Off-White pages $225

Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves #1 cgc9.6 White pages $600

Marvel Mystery Comics #44 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $5500

Marvel Mystery Comics #50 cgc8.5 Cream-Off-White pages $3800

Superman #15 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $1100

Uncle Scrooge #8 cgc9.0 Off-White pages $350

Vic Torry and his Flying Saucer 7.0 (slight restoration) Cream Off-White pages $175

Walt Disney Comics and Stories #2 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $3500

Whiz Comics #26 cgc8.0 Off-White pages $450

To sum up, I priced the book based solely on the fact that that is the price at which I will part with it.

The fact that it is up for sale at all at ANY price is amazing.

I would NEVER sell it...if it was my copy.

West

:sumo:Look Bubba....."West" , do you even own any Timely's? :sumo:

I dabble... :insane:

West

Catholic Comics #7 cgc8.0 Cream Off-White pages $125 SOLD

hm Stanford took the lead over ND with 0:59 left.

lol

That was a great game. And Gerhart ran wild.

But Colt McCoy won the Heisman on Thursday :headbang:

How about the what's left list again after all this verbiage.

Still Available

Brick Bradford #7 9.0 Off-White pages $175

The Funnies #50 6.0 Off-White to White pages $175

The Funnies #56 5.0 Tan to Cream pages $100

Funny Pages v3#7 1.5 Cream-Off-White pages $225

Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves #1 cgc9.6 White pages $600

Marvel Mystery Comics #39 cgc7.5 Cream to Off-White pages $1800

Marvel Mystery Comics #44 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $5500

Marvel Mystery Comics #50 cgc8.5 Cream-Off-White pages $3800

Superman #15 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $1100

Uncle Scrooge #8 cgc9.0 Off-White pages $350

Vic Torry and his Flying Saucer 7.0 (slight restoration) Cream Off-White pages $175

Walt Disney Comics and Stories #2 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $3500

Whiz Comics #26 cgc8.0 Off-White pages $450

This one belongs IN the toilet.

Since Joey is so knowledgeable in such things (and obviously has no taste) I'll list two today...

mm44.jpg

mm44b.jpg

BANG...an awesome Schomburg cover that is very hard to come by.

It ain't cheap either...$5500

(BTW, if anyone offers $5000 or less, the sale price will immediately go up to $6000)

In response to this offer a newbie poster sent me the following PM...

BOTTOM LINE: Your price is asinine and has NO CHANCE TO SELL, NONE. I was not going to write this until your post to me was a little condesending.

5500 thanks for the laugh.

I am curious what everyone else feels about my price on this book.

sure it is aggressive, but I sold a 4.0 for like $3K, so relatively speaking, it is fairly priced (thumbs u

mm39.jpg

SWEET! Is this the first appearance in comics for Terry-Tunes? If so, this is a severely undervalued key. Too bad about all those Schomburg tanks, planes, and the overarching thematic fire/ice masterwork on the outer front cover - the real meat of this book is on the interior cover!

Since Joey is so knowledgeable in such things (and obviously has no taste) I'll list two today...

mm44.jpg

mm44b.jpg

(BTW, if anyone offers $5000 or less, the sale price will immediately go up to $6000)

BOTTOM LINE: Your price is asinine and has NO CHANCE TO SELL, NONE. I was not going to write this until your post to me was a little condesending.

sure it is aggressive, but I sold a 4.0 for like $3K, so relatively speaking, it is fairly priced (thumbs u

Heck Richard, it's your book; price it anywhere you want. You can always come down on a price (god knows there are plenty of low-ballers on these boards). As for the PM about your asking price: That guy is an azzhat.

mm39.jpg

SWEET! Is this the first appearance in comics for Terry-Tunes? If so, this is a severely undervalued key. Too bad about all those Schomburg tanks, planes, and the overarching thematic fire/ice masterwork on the outer front cover - the real meat of this book is on the interior cover!

Whats with the Star of David's stamped on the cover? I dont believe I have seen that before.

mm39.jpg

Whats with the Star of David's stamped on the cover? I dont believe I have seen that before.

I haven't either. Those stars look great on this book!

mm39.jpg

I haven't either. Those stars look great on this book!

What a great Schomburg cover. What's even more cool about it, the Torch and Toro are fighting alongside the Red Army. That's awesome. :applause:

mm44.jpg

mm44b.jpg

Heck Richard, it's your book; price it anywhere you want. You can always come down on a price (god knows there are plenty of low-ballers on these boards). As for the PM about your asking price: That guy is an azzhat.

(Catrick339, proud lowballer, usually of lowgrade Gold or low to midgrade Silver, and having done some business with Richard at WW Chicago, waves in the general direction of Texas)

Knock 'em dead Richard, these are killer books even if they're beyond my current budget!