• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston in April! WOW!!!

311 posts in this topic

Have I officially updated that I'm coming out for at least a beer or two after the show? I am. I've got to be somewhere at around 8:00, so I'll have at least some time after the show.

That's the first con vendor list I've ever seen without Harley Yee on it :o

I'd expect that with the show growing so fast, that we'll eventually see Harley back in Boston.

Have I officially updated that I'm coming out for at least a beer or two after the show? I am. I've got to be somewhere at around 8:00, so I'll have at least some time after the show.

(thumbs u I will provide an update later today regarding location and times.

Although nothing has been confirmed as of yet, I'm very confident that Boston will have someone available at the show to get your books SS'd. There are still some "i's" to dot and "t's" to cross, but the powers that be are working on it. (thumbs u

Hmm, ok, cool, I was hoping get some books graded the easier way rather than "trusting" them to shipping or lugging the slab all the way down to NYCC? Any thoughts anyone?

If you are going to the show CGC will be there and can transport the books back, but I believe they will be shipped.

If you aren't going to be there, I am the official Facilicitor for the show, I can accept books to get signed then CGC takes possession or can arrange to have them dropped off at the booth id they don't need sigs.

Just let me know if I can help!

(thumbs u I will provide an update later today regarding location and times.

See here for the latest.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3789588&fpart=3

Wait im confused so CGC will be there to take books but its not just signature stuff right? Cause i have a few book to send (not signature series)

Me too, but if they are just going to put them in the mail, I'd rather pay the postage and pack them myself. Unless CGC will allow me to pack them up and then ship my package for me...

• Administrator

CGC will be accepting all tiers of submission that will be mailed in an insured and well-packed (by a CGC employee) shipment that is usually received at CGC's offices within 2-3 business days of the end of the show. We do not charge for this shipment, so that is the benefit of dropping the books off at a show.

CGC will be accepting all tiers of submission that will be mailed in an insured and well-packed (by a CGC employee) shipment that is usually received at CGC's offices within 2-3 business days of the end of the show. We do not charge for this shipment, so that is the benefit of dropping the books off at a show.

I understand, but our definitions of "well-packed" many not be in accord. I could easily come up with a long box to submit. With the books being pre-screened at 9.6/9.8, there's no room for a shipping or handling mishap.

Anyway, you've given me something to think about...Thank you.

I understand, but our definitions of "well-packed" many not be in accord. I could easily come up with a long box to submit. With the books being pre-screened at 9.6/9.8, there's no room for a shipping or handling mishap.

Anyway, you've given me something to think about...Thank you.

Since this will be the first time they ever pack books to ship back I'm sure they will be learning on the fly. doh!

Seriously, they've been doing it for 10 years, your doubt has labeled you "Buyer of the First Round of Drinks!"