• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Coverless Golden Age Grail Club
2 2

95 posts in this topic

I love this thread!! Anyone know what would be a reasonable price to pay for a Batman #1 coverless?

I once owned a copy but was foolish enough to sell it.

I would say that if you could pick a copy up in the $1,000 to $1,500 range, that would be a solid investment. But I'd suggest you have CGC slab it ASAP instead of hunting for a cover.

A slabbed coverless Batman #1 would be worth some good money, finding a cover might cost you well more than the coverless copy to begin with,

Anyone else out there have any other sweet GA coverless books?

It might be a stretch to call them grails, but here are Action #15 and #16. Both missing cover and first wrap (I made repro cover wraps for them, which are tucked behind each book in the photo). Love the early Actions.

90258.jpg.74b9c72f1c0ad1e894ffc072dc2a8173.jpg

I recently saw a front coverless batman 1 go for $4000 , so 1k-1500 might be a thing of the past (shrug)

Probably but I'm guessing that there are quite a few front-cover-only Batman 1's that need a back cover badly. But yeah a clean OW Batman 1 coverless has to be a $2000 book.

hm I *thought* I saw a true blue beater Batman in 0.5-1.0 though complete going for $5k over at Graham Cracker Comics website about a year ago... It had both the front and back covers though they were HEAVILY damaged (mold, water, small tears, etc).